PDA

View Full Version : Help locating pools-Southeastern Wis.

KACZ
October 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM
If you are a visitor to our state or just someone looking for lap swimming info, we have a list of pools or masters swim clubs that may help you. Be aware that this info was accurate when I wrote it, but things change so it's always best to call or e-mail before you go to check on pool times. You can also check on this web site on the home page for where too swim under "places too swim". Check our web site out at www.swim-wimasters.org for more info or e-mail me (Mark) - mkacz@hotmail.com and I should be able to help. Please check the attachment.

Franck B
May 25th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you for this information, by the way I will be in Milwaukee for Business (close to the Manpower Building) from June 15th to june 18th and I am looking for a pool - Master - where I could swim, Monday eve, and Tuesday / Wednesday and Thursday early morning (meetings starting at 9:00). I am a master swimmer, intermediate (average 2,600m for 1hour 15mn). Do you know where I could go? And how to set this up in advance to be sure I can swim on schedule arriving in Milwaukee? Thx so much, Franck;

dpflyer
May 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Franck - I live in Madison and am not as familiar with Milwaukee pools as others in our LMSC. Therefore, I asked Eric Jernberg, our Sanctions Officer who lives there, to reply to your request. I really don't know where ManPower is located relative to any pools. I also copied John Bauman our Registrar who has a pretty good knowledge of the pools in Milwaukee. The problem is that we're never sure from one season to another whether a program still exists there. So, while we may be able to identify pools there may be no Masters program there. The major programs that I'm aware of are in the suburbs like Oconomowoc, Brookfield, Waukesha, Kenosha, and Brown Deer. Hopefully we can help you find something closer to where you'll be staying. Thanks for asking!

Dick Pitman, Chair