PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly and/or Breaststroke Clinic/Workouts

Dennis Tesch
October 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I don't know how many Utah Masters actually read these forums, but I will give this a try. If you are a Utah Masters Swimmer or a want to be swimmer in Utah. Please email me or reply to this comment.

I just recently started a triathlete freestyle winter long clinic/workout. It is a great succes right now. I have 30 people coming to this clinic every other week from October to March to learn about freestyle and to improve their freestyle. With the success of this clinic I thought some people might want something similar for butterfly of breaststroke.

Here is my thought. I would start a clinic/workout in January, held every other Saturday, for 6 sessions. The clinic would be designed to break down each stroke and teach each differnt skill/element one clinic at a time. Participants would work on each skill/element for the two weeks between each clinic. The idea would be to focus on different elements and slowly put together the stroke over 12 weeks (3 months). The hope would be that by the end of the 12 weeks you would have a stronger more effiecent butterfly or breaststroke. Estimated cost would be about $100 - $150 per person for all 6 sessions. :D

poolraat
October 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Hey Dennis,
I think it's a great idea. I wish I were closer. I would definitely be interested.