PDA

View Full Version : Trunks

JayoxD
November 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
I've been wearing swim trunks ever since taking swimming in highschool, i havent swam for 4-5 years but i've worn a speedo when i practiced at a club, and at my meets. Im one of the fastest at the school with a time in the high 30's for the 50 free :laugh2: i know my schools horrible, so since im joining the swim team and wearing jammers, has wearing trunks the whole time sort of acted like a dragsuit or even more drag than a dragsuit? And how much time do you think ill lose when i switch from trunks to jammers / speedos

hofffam
November 2nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Of course the trunks are a drag suit, probably more drag than a speedo drag suit. But exactly how much - who knows. If it has pockets, a dangling string, etc. will affect the amount of drang. I expect racing in jammer will produce a big advantage - several seconds in a 100?

geochuck
November 2nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Very last thing to think about. Trunks are fine you just have to learn to swim faster with better technique. The swim wear will not make you swim much faster.

JayoxD
November 2nd, 2006, 09:50 PM
I know that my swimear will not make me faster, I think im decent at my technique but I know i have a lot to improve on, but im pretty sure there will be a difference from switching to jammers as a result of the decreased drag?

swimmerlisa
November 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM
I think you will definitely feel much faster because you're not dragging that extra weight. You could lose a few tenths in the 50.

geochuck
November 3rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
I am afraid to wear jammers or a full bodied fastskin. I still wear my speedo like the one speedo guy wears.

born2fly
November 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
I would think you would be faster not wearing trunks and having the jammers. However, drag in practice is good. I always wear a drag suit in practice with speedo underneath. If we do something for time, off comes the drag suit.

Long long time ago when I was in high school and tapering for nationals, I used to wear 2 pairs of panty hose, now thats drag, no pun intended. I also wore a heavy sweatshirt with pockets, sleeves cut off and when that thing got wet it used to go past my knees.

I still see kids wearing the pantyhose at tapers, but at 40, I dont think I would look good in pantyhose anymore so I will just stick with the drag suit.

greg

scyfreestyler
November 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
So Greg was into drag in his younger days, huh? You learn something new everyday I guess. :thhbbb:

born2fly
November 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Yep, I was into drag and I looked damn sexy in that panty hose and a beard lol.

Luckily I grew out of that, because the high heels were a killer also :-)

geochuck
November 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Are you sure they were panty hose or were they pink leotards.

The Fortress
November 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM
Hey, I was wearing those panty hose when I was young too! We all thought it was great fun. I have since abandoned panty hose. I still do those high heels though. Because I am not freakishly tall like the phsyiologically gifted sprint freestylers.

born2fly
November 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Im sure I am not the only one that has worn the panty hose during taper workouts, but I am man enough to admit it. Im comfortable with who I am lol. This was back in the mid 80's ya know when I did this. After years of counseling I have finally kicked the habit, but the emotional scars still linger.

If it made me go faster in meet then I would try it. Whats the matter, you afraid of getting out raced in the pool by a guy that wears pantyhose in practice? :thhbbb: