PDA

View Full Version : Masters Clubs/ Groups

SwimStud
November 9th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Anyone know of any near the Danbury Area (30 mins)

Rich

bbpolhill
December 8th, 2006, 08:04 AM
I swim at the Mount Kisco Boys and Girls Club. It takes me less than 30 minutes from Brewster. It's a great place, friendly people, with diverse swimming backgrounds and levels of expertise.

Practices are:

M W F: 11 am - 12:30 pm
M, T, W, R: 8:30 pm - 9:45 pm
Sa: 7 am - 8:15 am

There is also daily adult lap swimming in the AM, but I'm not sure of the hours.

RBSwimCT
July 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Brookfield Y has new masters group, coaching is optional, right now we're in the 50m outdoor pool until September. 5 nights a week 6:30 until 8:00.

bbpolhill
July 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Brookfield Y has new masters group, coaching is optional, right now we're in the 50m outdoor pool until September. 5 nights a week 6:30 until 8:00.

Do you know what the hours will be in September when they move you back indoors?

RBSwimCT
July 29th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Do you know what the hours will be in September when they move you back indoors?

Not yet--it's undetermined as of yet if there will definitely be available lanes.
Coach is aiming for nites and mornings probably 6-7 in the am and I'd guess 6:30-8:00 same in the evenings, possibly slightly later.

If you're definitely interested, let me know what days and times work for you and I can pass on to coach to include in the proposal to keep the program going. I'll keep you updated.

bbpolhill
July 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I'm swimming at Pace University which works out well for me, but my wife was looking for something in the late morning hours. (11-12:30 would be ideal)

norascats
August 1st, 2008, 07:08 AM
I work at Wings Over Water Swim school. We have lap swimming daily from 8AM to 4PM. Maybe your wife could check us out.
Nora

bbpolhill
August 1st, 2008, 08:31 AM
I work at Wings Over Water Swim school. We have lap swimming daily from 8AM to 4PM. Maybe your wife could check us out.
Nora

We are very familiar with Wings Over Water. I actually started swimming there 3 or so years ago.

My wife is a competitive swimmer and is looking for a Masters workout group. But, thanks!

RBSwimCT
August 3rd, 2008, 12:55 AM
We are very familiar with Wings Over Water. I actually started swimming there 3 or so years ago.

My wife is a competitive swimmer and is looking for a Masters workout group. But, thanks!

I haven't heard for sure but I think the Masters at Brookfield will be on hiatus again when the outdoor session is finished. Maybe when they get the roof on we might be able to secure some time for masters all year round.

RBSwimCT
August 18th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Update for the indoor pool. I'm hearing: Mon nite about 8pm, Tues and Thurs Mornings at 5.

norascats
August 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Is that the Brookfield Y? It's getting cool to swim outside.

norascats
September 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Update on Brookfield Y.
Mornings Mon, Thurs, Fri at 5AM. Tues and Wed at 8:30 PM. This started this week.