PDA

View Full Version : Team/Club Fees Esp. YMCA/YWCA

HeatherLouy
October 21st, 2002, 11:30 PM
I am interested in the fees other organizations charge to be members of their team. I am very interested in YMCA's (YWCA), but would greatly appriecate information from any club...I need lots of data.

Is there a fee to swim at your facility, besides the Masters fee?
What is it?

Is there a fee to swim on the team?
What is it?

And finally, are your swimmers required to pay their masters registration?

Thanks in advance!

CoachMike
October 22nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
My YMCA team does registration based on the YMCA sessions (about 8 weeks long). We have 2 prices, one for YMCA members and one for non-members. Currently the price is $20 for members and $40 for non-members.

This registration fee entitles a participant to 4 (1 hour long) coached practices a week.

Since we do not have any local YMCA Masters swim meet, we compete in the USMS's Maryland LMSC. During the SCY season we try and swim (as a team) 1 meet a month. Since these are USMS LMSC swim meets we require that the swimmer joins the LMSC (Maryland ~ $30) to compete. Swimmer are not required to compete in the meets but it is encouraged and supported by the team.

Hope this info help.

Michael Jacobson

waves101
October 22nd, 2002, 12:17 PM
My fees associated with Masters are:

Masters membership..........$25/year
Local Meets........................$30 each (approximate)
YMCA membership..............$83/month (family)

This is all to practice and compete without any coaching.

emmett
October 22nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
H2Ouston Swims charges:

USMS Annual Registration: $35
H2O Annual Registration: $49
H2O Monthly Dues: $54 (if by automatic credit card charge)
$59 (if by snail-mail billing)

We offer 4 coached practices per week. This allows people to attend any or all scheduled H2O practices in the month. It does not allow use of the facility at other times.

pbsaurus
October 22nd, 2002, 02:54 PM
Menlo masters has the following schedule:

USMS registration-- $25
Team Annual Fee-- $30
Dues for 20 coached workouts/week--$63 monthly, $185 quarterly, or $693 annually
Being a part of a wonderful organization--Priceless:p

jim thornton
October 22nd, 2002, 08:14 PM
Our YMCA does not charge for masters, but you have to be a member of the Y to participate. (Many of the team members join the Y only for masters; though quite a few also use other facilities, too--weight room, bball, racquetball/tennis, etc.)

We have 3 x 1 hour practices a week, though it's easy to swim at other times, too. Our coach is a player-coach--i.e., writes practices and swims them too.

There's no requirement to join USMS--we have an active fall-winter-spring of regional Y meets, which cost $7 a piece. All in all, a pretty good deal. Probably 4 or so of us also join USMS and swim 1-2 meets a year (nationals)

On the negative side, we only get 3 lanes, which limits the maximum number of participants.

Lexa
October 22nd, 2002, 08:21 PM
Our fees are:

$80 once-in-a-lifetime club sign up fee
$35 per year Masters Swimming Ass. of BC fee
$550/10 month year OR $60 per month fees. This entitles a swimmer to three practices a week; two are coached.
We require members to joing MSABC for insurance purposes. MSABC membership is a requirement to participate in meets, but our club does not insist that people compete. About half our club competes.

Kevin in MD
October 23rd, 2002, 02:41 PM
$25/month for 5 workouts 3 - 4 stroke workouts and 2 all free workouts.

This is in addition to the health club membership which is in the range of $65/month but varies.

USMS dues not required for the workouts.

Sneezy
October 23rd, 2002, 03:07 PM
Heather,

My YMCA charges $28 a month for access to the pool only. They do not offer competitive swim teams for adults...they also offered a masters swimming program last year..twelve weeks for $180....but it wasn't very good..

Leonard Jansen
October 23rd, 2002, 03:18 PM
The Lancaster, PA YMCA has 3 practices a week at no additional charge from the Y fee (~$36/month). They are only for 1 hour each. We can have up to 4 lanes, but usually have 2 or 3 going.

We've had a succession of unpaid, volunteer coaches, but right now the workouts are arrived at among the group by a process that makes Enron accounting complexities seem simple - proving that Satre was right in saying that "Anarchy is a valid form of government."

No USMS fees since very few of the members other than me participate in meets and I do open water 99% of the time. Also, you can join the masters group without being a Y member - I believe it's about $80 for 3 months.

Chaos aside, it is a bargain.

Brad Biddle
October 23rd, 2002, 10:09 PM
Ours is probably one of the most expensive programs around: $75/month, plus a one time $50 fee, plus USMS fees. We get a lot for our money, though: 17 coached workouts (M-F 3X per day, Sat 2X, plus uncoached open swim on Sun); two excellent, experienced full-time coaches. Nice pool, great teammates. The $75 check is only mildly painful. ;-)

--Brad

born2fly
October 24th, 2002, 01:55 PM
I do not swim at a Y, but belong to rec center which has age group swimming and masters swimming. To swim on team, you must be member of rec which is 250/yr, and then the masters swim team fee is 140 for Sept thru March, which consist of 3 practices a week with coach. Throw in the USMS dues, the meet dues I swim at, and few speedos and accesories and here I thought this sport would have been cheaper than my other passion,golf.

greg

emmett
October 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
I'm assuming you are comparing apples to apples here...

If you are getting a golf club membership, three golf practices a week with a golf coach and regularly getting to play in golf tournaments (and throwing in golf equipment), all for less than you spend on swimming then I need to move to your neck of the woods.

Doug
October 24th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Davis Aquatic Masters in Davis California:
Pacific Masters $24 per year
Davis Aquatic $40 per month

We have seven coached workouts Monday thru Friday. An intensive (1 1/2 hour) on Saturday then a regular workout after the intensive. Lap swimming from 10AM to 1PM Saturday and Sunday.

Doug

Doug
October 24th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Oops. Pacific Masters is $25 per year.

michaelmoore
October 24th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Pacific Masters dues from about 1991 to 2002 was $25.00. USMS increased the national part of the dues $5.00 starting in 2003. Pacific Masters annual dues starting November 1, 2002 is $30.00. A great bargain.

michael

Brian Stack
October 25th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Manatee Masters of Oakland CA: www.pacificmasters.org/manatee
Annual Fee (USMS/Pacific Masters 2003) $30.00
Team Dues: Monthly $45.00, Quarterly, $130.00
Drop in $5.00 per visit (no limit)
Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM
M,W,F: 7:00 and 8:00 AM
Saturday:7,8,and9:00AM (90 min option at 7 and 8:30AM)
Sunday 8 and 9:00AM
Tuesday-Friday 6:30 PM
Tues. and Thurs. 7:30 PM
That's our fall/winter schedule, spring/summer add 7:00AM on Tuesday and Thursday. The Manatees swim at Mills College in Oakland. The Mills Aqautic Center features an all deep (7'3'' to 13') 10 lane 25 yd course, and a 13 person capacity hot tub, both located outdoors!:D
C'mon by if you're in the area!

See Ya
Brian Stack
Head Coach

Glen
October 28th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Our club is a YMCA club and our fees are
$30.00/year to MSABC
$426.00/year+ tax YMCA membership, masters is included in the membership.
This gives us full use of the weightrooms, bikes, and anything else the Y has,as well as 6 coached sessions a week
You can pay a $8.00 dropin fee if your not a member.
And of course these are in Canadian Dollars.
Most meets are $20.00

cjr
October 31st, 2002, 04:07 PM
Anderson Barracuda Masters
M.E. Lyons YMCA
Cincinnati Ohio

ABM Team Fees:
YMCA Member : $150
Non- Member : $225

The team fees includes the $25 fee for USMS. There no LMSC fee.

The ABM Program offers 6 workouts all with deck coaches. Our winter season (SCY) runs from October to April. We start our summer season (LCM) starts in June to August.

Check out our website for additional information about the Masters or Age Group program @ www.ablyswim.org

ALM
November 1st, 2002, 04:40 PM
I swim with the Kansas City Blazers Masters program which is sponsored by the Johnson County, Kansas, Parks & Recreation District.

We have four, 90-minute coached workouts per week.

We purchase punch cards. A punch card is good for 15 workouts and costs $55.00 (winter) and $65.00 (summer). This works out to $3.66 per workout (winter). It's nice because we only pay for the workouts we attend. If someone were to actually attend every practice, it works out to be $58.56 per month (winter).