PDA

View Full Version : ever heard of the nike lift fastback?

swimchickee
November 14th, 2006, 08:05 PM
i saw a sale for the women's nike lift fastback online. it's really cheap- about $40. but on the item's website, i noticed a note that said the suit would only last for one to two meets.

is this really true?

in addition, has anyone ever owned one of these suits and how are they? i'm in desparate need of a new racing suit!

swimr4life
November 14th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I LOVE MINE!!! They definitely last longer than that! If you rinse them out and take care of them they will last for many meets. I only wear mine when I'm shaved and tapered so I'm not sure how many meets - about 4-5 at least. These suits are comfortable, affordable and fast. I highly reccommend them!:applaud:

USMSarah
November 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
what website did you see this suit???? what a great deal!

thanks,
sarah

swimchickee
November 15th, 2006, 11:31 PM
thanks, any other opinions out there?
i have heard that nike suits are not that high quality.

swimmieAvsFan
November 16th, 2006, 08:32 AM

i beg to differ with that! my nike poly practice suit typically lasts me close to a year, and i swim 4-6 times a week. that doesn't seem "not that high quality" to me! :)

i also had a liftsuit, i really liked it- much easier to get in and out of than my new FSII. my liftsuit lasted me 3 national meets, so that's close to 15-20 swims... for $40, i would get it- even if it only lasts for 2 meets, it's waaaaaaay cheaper than other technical suits.

dorothyrde
November 16th, 2006, 08:50 AM
My son used to where the lift for racing and really liked it. If I ever start racing regularily, I would contemplate this, or if the speedo aquablade is still around, I like that one as well.

TYR's version of the Aquablade never help up well for either of my children.

born2fly
November 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I had a Nike fast skin. It lasted one meet then developed a hole in seam by zipper. I just purchased 2 speedo fastskins, full body without the arms. I got them for $75 each at speedo website. Far cry from what I paid for same fastskin I got 4yrs ago at $250. I'll wait until they come out with fastskin III before I go for the II at a cheaper rate. For my purposes, I feel the original fast skin works great for me.

greg

swimshark
November 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM

I have to differ on that statement, too. I had a Nike lycra suit that lasted me over a year and a half! That was with wearing it at least once a week to a 90 min practice. I have had similar experiences with other Nike suits. I think they are great.

Alison

swimchickee
November 16th, 2006, 11:50 PM
thanks for all your comments.

i had the tyr aquablade before and it lasted me for a year and a half. i really liked it! where do you think i can get it nowadays? i can't find it anywhere anymore.

dorothyrde
November 17th, 2006, 06:15 AM
The TYR version of the aquablade <aquablade is actually Speedo's suit> was discontinued. However, they do have a newer version of it, but I can't remember what it is called. Look at www.kiefer.com under technical suits.