PDA

View Full Version : Club Mt Clemens?

Ulmermm
November 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Hi! I just moved to the Mt Clemens/Clinton Township Area and I am looking to join a masters swim club. Does anyone know of any in the area? where they swim? what time they meet?
Thanks!

byroman
December 7th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I just moved here, too. I live in Washington TWP, and work in Chesterfield. It looks like there may be a Masters group that swims at the Y in Mt Clemmens, but that is out of my way, and they don't swim in the early morning.

I'm thinking of joining Lfetime Fitness in Shelby and see what it takes to get a group going. I tried it out for the first time this morning. They have a good facility, but I was all alone this morning and prefer to swim with others.

Anyone else interrested?

Ulmermm
January 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
I actually joined Lifetime and ended up canceling my membership because I was unimpressed by their cardio room. I figured for how much they were charging I could find something else that was better....but I'm learning I was wrong. No wonder Detroit has the fattest people in the US, their fitness clubs are a joke!
Anyway, are you still looking for someone/somewhere to swim? I am too. How early do you go in the mornings? Could you go after work? I don't have a membership at lifetime anymore, and I was looking to try the YMCA thing. I already joined the Bally's nearby and got scammed (their pool is about 85 degrees and about 20m long....whats the point?)
So let me know...My work hours vary from month to month, but for hte most part I start about 7am and am done about 5pm.

byroman
January 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
I joined Lifetime because I could not find any other pools that were convenient enough. I show up there most mornings and get in the pool by 5:10. I think their pool is great. It takes a little getting used to, because it is 25m, so you have to adjust your expectations on pace. When I was swimming yards, I was typically doing freestyle sets on a 1:30 per hundred base interval. Now my interval is around 1:40. I like to go around 4000 a day, and am usually out of the water by 6:30 or so.