PDA

View Full Version : OK Getting ready to "harm" my co-worker...

SwimStud
December 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
We've have Christmas music on since 8:30am...and she's been singing along...non-stop...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:frustrated: :dunno: :help: :frustrated: :dunno::help: :frustrated:

Why can't i go swim across the street at the Y???

Caped Crusader
December 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
We've have Christmas music on since 8:30am...and she's been singing along...non-stop...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:frustrated: :dunno: :help: :frustrated: :dunno::help: :frustrated:

Why can't i go swim across the street at the Y???

Wow, you're going to get nominated for Grinch. I'd leave, Dude. Elevator music is a killer. I've leaving. But I'm not using that silly waving smilie to say goodbye.

aquageek
December 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Speaking of Grinches - we need to ban the excessive use of those horrific emoticons on this forum. I appeal to the moderator to disable them. I'd also suggest an outside audit of Fortress' billable hours.

SwimStud
December 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Speaking of Grinches - we need to ban the excessive use of those horrific emoticons on this forum. I appeal to the moderator to disable them. I'd also suggest an outside audit of Fortress' billable hours.

I agree but in this case--it's warranted. I have a full blown emergency here...

The Fortress
December 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM

I saw that Geek. You know, you sound like a lawyer too, or else someone who has the misfortune to hire outside counsel and then haggle with them over the ensuing bills. Fortunately, I only work part time. I'm trying to rack up the post this months since Frank began counting and I fell back in November. (Although quite informative, his are so long they shoud be multiplied by 100.) Mine are now much shorter; takes much less time that way! Now, I must be off to do some Christmas shopping and make sure my young get eaten.

poolraat
December 12th, 2006, 02:03 PM

That's as bad as the sports talk show my partner has on the radio. From my desk it's just noise, can't make out what they're talking about. Every time he leaves his desk I turn it down :D but he keeps turning it back up.

Muppet
December 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Go over and tell her she's being discriminatory by not singing any Hanukkah or Kwanzaa songs and to please contact HR for further instruction.
:dedhorse:

Leonard Jansen
December 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Put your head down on your desk, pretend to sob LOUDLY and start talking about how, as a kid, it was this exact same music that was playing when everyone in your family except you was killed in a car crash on the way to grandma's for Xmas dinner. Start raving about how the last thing you remember was David Seville screaming "Alvin? Alvin!? ALVIN!!!!" on the Chipmunks Christmas Album and now just the sight of a chipmunk sends you into an uncontrollable rage. Then look at your coworker and say something like "I know you're not like the others, you'd NEVER dress up in a chipmunk costume, would you? You're my friend."

I bet she quits.

-LBJ

laineybug
December 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
start singing along with her, but really off key. If she doesn't get the message, someone else will ask the both of you to stop.

Lainey

islandsox
December 12th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I liked Leonard's a lot. Why not get a radio and tune it to Christmas Rap.

Donna

knelson
December 12th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Get her headphones for a Christmas gift and maybe she'll get the hint. I think it's pretty rude to play music of any kind w/o headphones if you're in an office without a door.

SwimStud
December 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Get her headphones for a Christmas gift and maybe she'll get the hint. I think it's pretty rude to play music of any kind w/o headphones if you're in an office without a door.

I don't mind the muisc...I just hate the singing along...ALL THE TIME...she has earphones but that will mean I just get her warbling to nothing

One or two lines OK but it was like choir practice today...I thinkI'll have 4 cans of beans and 2 cans of tuna tonight for dinner...

Muppet
December 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM

Milton Waddams: I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
:joker:

Ivor
December 13th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Milton Waddams: I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

I bet NOBODY has attached a cover sheet to their TPS reports either.

Didn't you guys get the memo?

(Forced to listen to Cliff Richard and Slade right now - I would suggest the UK leads the world in bowel-shatteringly awful Christmas tunes)

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I bet NOBODY has attached a cover sheet to their TPS reports either.

Didn't you guys get the memo?

(Forced to listen to Cliff Richard and Slade right now - I would suggest the UK leads the world in bowel-shatteringly awful Christmas tunes)

Having lived in both the UK and USA. I can strongly disagree. while there are awful tunes in UK there are 5 times as many over here...trust me on this

lol

aquageek
December 13th, 2006, 08:33 AM
OK, breaking out the Grinch again, we have this 24 hour FM channel for Christmas music. I guess most big cities have this. Well, every time I turn that on for my kids I hear the worst Christmas song of all time - "Feed the World." I have heard it three times in the past 4 days. Since that was spawned from the UK, those folks have the trophy for bad Christmas music.

The Chipmunks rule, however.

Rob Copeland
December 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I don't mind the muisc...I just hate the singing along...ALL THE TIME...she has earphones but that will mean I just get her warbling to nothingWhy not just join in? A white beard and red hat would be the perfect accessories for Natty Yellow Trunks. Next time she starts singing, jump up do a little elf dance and belt out the tune along with her.

And to pile on the Christmas cheer… set up the “Wizards of Winter Christmas Lights" as your screen saver http://media.putfile.com/Wizards-of-Winter-Christmas-Lights

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM
OK, breaking out the Grinch again, we have this 24 hour FM channel for Christmas music. I guess most big cities have this. Well, every time I turn that on for my kids I hear the worst Christmas song of all time - "Feed the World." I have heard it three times in the past 4 days. Since that was spawned from the UK, those folks have the trophy for bad Christmas music.

Really now. I suggest you go out and buy Celine Dion's and Sarah McLaughlan's respective albums. There you will hear all you old favourites "mullered" with over the top vocal gymnastics (Celine) where they are not needed; that or singing as though you are about to break down and cry because your kittycat ran away (Sarah).

Beyond that all commercial Christmas music is relative re-recorded junk, when was the last really good "new" Christmas song. So we're really arguing about who's pile of trash is bigger.

Hey I may sound cranky but forgive me, I am being given a "live" and unplugged version of this all day at work. :(

aquageek
December 13th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Celine Dion is Canadian btw. Blame Cruise for that.

The Fortress
December 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Geek/Grinch is right about those Chipmunks! I'd take Chipmunks over Radio Disney anyday. If I hear Hannah Montana one more time I may have an allergic reaction.

Rich: Is your co-worker doing this AGAIN today?!

newmastersswimmer
December 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation there richjb.....but on another note I have a couple of comments:

First: I couldn't help but notice that your holiday -o - meter is always stuck at exactly half way between Clark Griswald and George Bailey....what gives?

Second: I don't know how things work over there in Britian, but you have to find a better Avatar than the ones you've been using lately!. ...(just j/k of course!)

Newmastersswimmer

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Celine Dion is Canadian btw. Blame Cruise for that.

This I know, but her career is engined firmly here in the USA. She's a resident at Vegas right?
So can't we blame Poolrat? :joker:

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Geek/Grinch is right about those Chipmunks! I'd take Chipmunks over Radio Disney anyday. If I hear Hannah Montana one more time I may have an allergic reaction.

Rich: Is your co-worker doing this AGAIN today?!

Not yet....thankfully...

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation there richjb.....but on another note I have a couple of comments:

First: I couldn't help but notice that your holiday -o - meter is always stuck at exactly half way between Clark Griswald and George Bailey....what gives?

Second: I don't know how things work over there in Britian, but you have to find a better Avatar than the ones you've been using lately!. ...(just j/k of course!)

Newmastersswimmer

Jim
I adjust the meter according to mood right now it's fine...as the christmas season progresses and things start going wrong...I'll slide the indicator.

As a foot note. I am in the USA. This gives me the positions to speak with knowledge and sanctimoniousity (hehe) about both countries.
I was bornd there...I pay tax and vote here. I will have my say... ;) (j/k)

Avatars...I could return to the GB speedos...shall we take a vote?

Paul Smith
December 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM
One of our favorite Chinese restuarants plays Xmas music 24/7-365....I'm immune!

poolraat
December 13th, 2006, 11:11 AM
So can't we blame Poolrat? :joker:

From where I live, you could get to Vegas faster (flying) than I could (driving). No air service between here and there. Besides, us real Nevadans think Vegas should be part of California.

SwimStud
December 13th, 2006, 11:14 AM
From where I live, you could get to Vegas faster (flying) than I could (driving). No air service between here and there. Besides, us real Nevadans think Vegas should be part of California.

You mean it isn't?

poolraat
December 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
You mean it isn't?

It should be....that's where most of the people that live there came from.

chickadee
December 13th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I feel your pain richjb, this happened in our office the other day...we all work in cubicles and the next one over from me left her old fashion heavy religious sounding carols on while they went to a meeting... some of the songs were more like a low moan and then it switched to the ultra high sopranos that could shatter your eye glasses...and it is considered being a scrooge to complain...now if I could find some Wiccan Winter Solstice Carols ...

Maybe ear plugs could work for you...or bring in your own tunes and ask her to play them for equal time..I did like Leonard's PTSD response - that has many possiblities...

Peace ( and quiet to you )

knelson
December 13th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Beyond that all commercial Christmas music is relative re-recorded junk, when was the last really good "new" Christmas song.

I'm gonna go with "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

Ivor
December 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Beyond that all commercial Christmas music is relative re-recorded junk, when was the last really good "new" Christmas song.

Over here 'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues and Kirsty McCall is generally regarded as the only half decent 'new' Christmas song.

Then there's the famous Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson song, but that's a whole other story . . . .

Where's my Festivus pole?

BillS
December 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
It ain't exactly new, but it's pretty hard to beat Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family. I'm certain some of the humor I find stems from the fact that my in-laws are from Texas. It's not quite the same without hearing it rendered in REK's laconic twang, but lyrics are:

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party
We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog
Little sister brought her new boyfriend
He was a Mexican
We didn't know what to think of him until he sang
Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad

Brother Ken brought his kids with him
The three from his first wife Lynn
And the two identical twins from his second wife Mary Nell
Of course he brought his new wife Kay
Who talks all about AA
Chain smoking while the stereo plays Noel, Noel
The First Noel

Carve the Turkey
Turn the ball game on
Mix margaritas when the eggnog's gone
Send somebody to the Quickpak Store
We need some ice and an extension chord
A can of bean dip and some Diet Rites
A box of tampons, Marlboro Lights
Hallelujah, everybody say Cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

Fred and Rita drove from Harlingen
I can't remember how I'm kin to them
But when they tried to plug their motor home in
They blew our Christmas lights
Cousin David knew just what went wrong
So we all waited out on our front lawn
He threw a breaker and the lights came on
And we sang Silent Night, Oh Silent Night, Oh Holy Night

Carve the turkey turn the ball game on
Make Bloody Mary's
Cause We All Want One!
Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprites
A box of tampons, some Salem Lights
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the Family

newmastersswimmer
December 13th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by richjb ....Beyond that all commercial Christmas music is relative re-recorded junk, when was the last really good "new" Christmas song.

I've always been partial to the version of "Father Christmas" by the Kinks:

Here's a link to the lyrics:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kinks/father+christmas_20079042.html

Newmastersswimmer

Caped Crusader
December 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by richjb ....Beyond that all commercial Christmas music is relative re-recorded junk, when was the last really good "new" Christmas song.

I've always been partial to the version of "Father Christmas" by the Kinks:

Here's a link to the lyrics:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kinks/father+christmas_20079042.html

Newmastersswimmer

Very nice! Rich: Are you in prison yet or have the counter-attacks worked?

Muppet
December 17th, 2006, 12:25 AM
So my boss decides to come in to town this past Thurs/Fri. Since he's got no office there, he takes the unoccupied cube at my back, which because of a large support pole, is essentially part of my cube. So he rolls in at 830 or so Friday, and a couple times before 10, I hear what I think is "let it snow" being whistled.

In a complete opposite situation of Rich, after one of his whistles, he leans over into my cube and asks me to turn up my music (I have my ipod hooked up to speakers) so he can hear something else to get that song out of his head. So I turned it up (gladly, since I couldnt hear it), and the whistling stopped. First time I've had a request to crank it at work.

:coffee:

dorothyrde
December 17th, 2006, 07:56 AM
At work, it is set up with rooms of cubicles(like everywhere these days). The room next door plays a lot of Christmas music, we are all very quiet, listening to our headphones. One of the guys from next door came in to help a co-worker with something, and sat there and whistled Christmas music. Finally we all turned and glared at him. He called us scrooges.

And that guy is my husband :rolleyes: the kids now whistle all the time at home, he whistles, and sometimes not the same songs. Oh my.

poolraat
December 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Burn the place down.

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Friday, I was on hold. I was calling a veterinary clinic in Florida. When the music started to play, I didn't know what to do. It was the Dreidle Song barked by dogs. It was like they do Jingle Bells.Barf-Barf, Barf-Barf, roroofrorooforofrofrof. It was truly horrible. I hope who ever thought it was a good idea will die a miserable death.

Then I went to a store to buy some Dreidles. None of them spun! they were all very pretty but of no good to me. the store did have real chocolate coins for sale very cheaply though.

Last night I ate the worst noodle pudding I've ever had. It was "sandy." It tasted like it had raw flour in it.

ALM
December 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM

Two of my co-workers recently bought red Swingline staplers. They''re sold online:

http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Business-Full-Strip-Stapler/dp/B0006HUQZ6

Anna Lea
------

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Friday, I was on hold. I was calling a veterinary clinic in Florida. When the music started to play, I didn't know what to do. It was the Dreidle Song barked by dogs. It was like they do Jingle Bells.Barf-Barf, Barf-Barf, roroofrorooforofrofrof. It was truly horrible. I hope who ever thought it was a good idea will die a miserable death.

Then I went to a store to buy some Dreidles. None of them spun! they were all very pretty but of no good to me. the store did have real chocolate coins for sale very cheaply though.

Last night I ate the worst noodle pudding I've ever had. It was "sandy." It tasted like it had raw flour in it.

I almost choked on my transfat injected grapes reading this ... frickin' hilarious ...

SwimStud
December 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Two of my co-workers recently bought red Swingline staplers. They''re sold online:

http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Business-Full-Strip-Stapler/dp/B0006HUQZ6

Anna Lea
------

I almost choked on my transfat injected grapes reading this ... frickin' hilarious ...

We had another sing-a-long yesterday... not as bad b/c I was wrapping gift and I joined in but it still grated after a while...:dedhorse:

aztimm
December 20th, 2006, 03:23 PM
The admin in my office has been playing Christmas music nonstop since the one local radio station started it in mid-Nov. Needless to say, I don't spend too much time near her desk.

I have an XM Satellite radio boom box in my office, usually listening to alternative-type music (XM 54/Lucy), which scares most people out of my office pretty fast. I have put on some of the holiday channels here and there, but get tired of it pretty fast.

Muppet
December 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
i have a bunch of holiday mp3s that usually get playlisted around this time. Last year, they made it to the ipod. this year not so much, but I do maintain that I've managed to collect a small bunch of pretty decent songs.