PDA

View Full Version : Which poster would you most like to meet?

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Since it's a bit slow without Terry, Geochuck and Solar, I though I'd start a new, very non-controversial thread. Simple, which poster would you most like to meet and why? You can pick multiples. No kissin' though.

islandsox
December 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Oh, boy, this is tough. Since YOU started this, I pick you. Mainly because I wonder if I could ever keep up in a conversation with you; you're pretty quick-witted. And then I'd have to say Rich; I'd like to figure out how that brain of his works; he should be in Comedy, not swimming. And one more is Beth because she is fair and balanced and really nice to everyone.

That's my top 3.

Donna

SwimStud
December 14th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I can't pick 1 out of so many good folks...so it's just as well we can get 6 people in my hot-tub comfortably...12 if you're willing to do relays!!

:rofl:

Donna trust me I don't know how my mind works...I'd write about it if I did! hehe

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I guess I should have said my picks and said why when I started. In no particular order, it's so hard to choose, my daily dozen are:

Swimr4Life: Because she's my twin and shoulder support group buddy.

Islandsox: So I can go play in the Honduras.

Rich: I love cute British accents.

LBJ: I like that raccoon and we could talk about the history of running.

Geek: He can give me tips on zinging. I could also see for sure if he is really Speedo-Man.

Peter Cruise: He'd be fun to have a convoluted conversation with.

Allen Stark: We need to practice that IM we're setting the world record in. Maybe he could fix my breaststroke too.

Poolraat: I would like to go on a nice long run with him and then we could race the 50 back or 50 fly.

scyfreestyler: Because he's always around giving great advice and is witty.

SolarEnergy: We could converse and swear in French and he could diagnose my stroke flaws in person since my video camera is broken.

Geochuck: He's so funny and he posts the best video clips.

Ande: Because he is so darn fast and gives the best swimming advice.

I've already met some of the other funny folks here!!!!!

poolraat
December 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Poolraat: I would like to go on a nice long run with him and then we could race the 50 back.

I would have to ride a bike since I haven't ran in years. It would be fun to do a long run on the trails through the woods there. I still have good memories of the runs I did back there when I was stationed at Fort Bragg.
Let's race fly. It's becoming my favorite stroke because I am finally "getting" it. Now if that would happen with my breatstroke.....

My picks are ( in addition to Fortress):

Islandsox: A vacation in the Honduras would be great!

Rich: His wit.

Terry and George: A wealth of information to mine.

Ande: With his advice and some good coaching maybe I could swim my age (100 free) at nationals next spring.

Beth: because of her inspirational posts.

Caped Crusader
December 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I would like to meet the two Canadians: Geochuck and Peter Cruise.

I would like to swim in the OW with Islandsox and LBJ.

I would like to :drink: with Richjb.

Caped Crusader
December 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I'd like to meet SeaGurl too because she writes some darn good poetry.

scyfreestyler
December 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Whom would I like to meet? Let's see here....

Well I always enjoy talking to a physician so Gull would have to be on my list.

Aquageek seems to be somewhat of an instigator just as I. That should make for some good fun in the presence of Gull and my next choice.

Terry Laughlin. THE most controvertial swimming guru in the US AFAIK. One day I plan to take one of his clinics (I want to see what all the fuss is about) so perhaps we will meet someday.

I would like to swim (and meet of course) with Ande Raz. I know his warmup would probably have me hanging on the gutter but I think one of the best ways to get faster is to chase somebody who is faster. Ande certainly fits that bill.

Does anybody want to meet the guy who shall remain nameless?

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I forgot. I'd also like to meet Gull because he is tres witty and I could always use a doctor. :D:hug:

scyfreestyler
December 14th, 2006, 12:44 PM
PS: I would like to meet most of the people on here to be perfectly honest, I just named those who have been the most colorful in my tenure as a USMS forum junky.

gull
December 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I've enjoyed meeting several posters:

Ande--very gracious host and a great guy. I joined him for practice (he picked me up at my hotel), and we had breakfast after. He even introduced me to Neil Walker--very cool.

Fritz--also a great guy. One of my best swimming memories (ever) was seeing him cheering me on during a 400 free. He was jumping up and down like a madman, and it worked.

Geek--don't tell anyone, but he is a great guy, too. And he looks pretty good in that red speedo--the photo makes him look bigger than he is. Just be careful if he tells you to squeal like a pig.

Hope to meet more of you at the Woodlands in 2007 or in Austin in 2008.

ande
December 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
now this could be quite controversial depending upon what folks plan on doing during these rendezvous

I'd be happy to meet many of the folks here,
everyone who's posted in Swim Faster Faster, my blog, or Ask Ande.
which pretty much covers all the regulars

Also if anyone comes to austin and stays in a downtown hotel, (or one not too far out of my way,)
I will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to practice then drop you off afterwards.

Ande

Since it's a bit slow without Terry, Geochuck and Solar, I though I'd start a new, very non-controversial thread. Simple, which poster would you most like to meet and why? You can pick multiples. No kissin' though.

SwimStud
December 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
So if I meet I have to be slightly drunk, and be comical with a British accent?
OK nobody wants to swim huh?...
It has to be the Speedos...

Peter Cruise
December 14th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ande- would it be out of your way to drop us off at an emergency room after practise?

ande
December 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
the emergency room is not to far from the pool about 2 1/2 blocks
y'all don't have to do my workout's and intervals
you get in a lane where you can handle the pace

ande

Ande- would it be out of your way to drop us off at an emergency room after practise?

FlyQueen
December 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
the emergency room is not to far from the pool about 2 1/2 blocks
y'all don't have to do my workout's and intervals
you get in a lane where you can handle the pace

ande

Is there a slow lane? Or at least lanes that are substantially slower? Does anyone in Austin swim slowly?

I'd like to meet Ande, Fotress, Kyra, Kristina ... anyone that has ever given me good advice, made me laugh, or elicited a I must log in right now and write back to this person ... which pretty covers everyone ...

scyfreestyler
December 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
If a ride to the hospital is not available I am sure they have an AED on hand at the facility.

FlyQueen
December 14th, 2006, 02:18 PM
If a ride to the hospital is not available I am sure they have an AED on hand at the facility.

I think 2.5 blocks might be too far away ... I'm guessing no one would want to carry my nearly lifeless body/corps out of the pool and to the hospital ...

ande
December 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
you could have a coronary when you see those boys you've got your CRUNK CRUSH on

I think 2.5 blocks might be too far away ... I'm guessing no one would want to carry my nearly lifeless body/corps out of the pool and to the hospital ...

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
anyone that has ever given me good advice, made me laugh, or elicited a I must log in right now and write back to this person

Now this is the best reason ever for meeting someone!

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Whom would I like to meet? Let's see here....

Terry Laughlin. THE most controvertial swimming guru in the US AFAIK. One day I plan to take one of his clinics (I want to see what all the fuss is about) so perhaps we will meet someday.

Now, I am going to get to meet this guy at the Colonies Zones meet, and I can't wait! I have it on good authority that he will joining us here for a chat very soon. We just need to get Batman/Green Goblin to go back to being an Angel. I'm sticking with baseball.:rofl:

Mswimming
December 14th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I'd like to swim a work out with many of the posters here. Especially guys who have given me such great tips. Like Ande, Kirk Nelson, SCYFreestyler. I'd include Rich Abrahams in list of posters I'd like to work out with, too.

There are quite a few more, as well. But those are just a few that in one way or another have helped me swim faster.

Kevin

sdswimmer
December 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I met JimCanSwim, it was fun and we didn't quite freeze him permanently! I hope to meet island Sox and I'd like to meet george and some of the other ow swimmers! I like to take them in the ocean in the winter and tell them its not cold and there's no surf-right Jim?

thewookiee
December 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I would like to meet Fortress and Allen...common on...anyone that enjoys breastroke is worth meeting to see if they are truly as normal as they sound.

Would like to meet George and Ande too. Both seem to be facsinating people.

May have to take a trip over to Charlotte to see Geek and Gull race, maybe even race them. That would be a hoot.

For kicks, I am going to list the initials of someone who hasn't posted in a long time...I.B. Wonder if he is the same in person as on his posts???

I have met Terry several times,so that is out. But it is always informative when he is around:wave:

Muppet
December 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM
My vote is for Tree... Being half-way across the world, he's got a totally different way of life and everything else. Would be neat just to sit down over tea and talk about how things are over there

Caped Crusader
December 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
No, I don't want to meet him. He can stay in the OW.

Awww, my feelings are hurt. I'll be good. Even to Terry. Angel back in place.

I would really like to meet Tall Paul and GoodSmith. Where've they been lately?

aquageek
December 14th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Fritz--also a great guy. One of my best swimming memories (ever) was seeing him cheering me on during a 400 free. He was jumping up and down like a madman, and it worked.

Geek--don't tell anyone, but he is a great guy, too. And he looks pretty good in that red speedo--the photo makes him look bigger than he is. Just be careful if he tells you to squeal like a pig.

I've not been formally introduced to Fritz but I've seen him swim many times and it's a thing of beauty his backstroke.

As to gull, for a glammed-up Fastskin II semi-pro swimmer, he is remarkably modest, easy to talk to and a heck of a nice guy.

Scyfreestyler is a nice fellow also and has given me the confidence to conquer some technology issues lately.

FlyQueen
December 14th, 2006, 03:39 PM
you could have a coronary when you see those boys you've got your CRUNK CRUSH on

Well there's that, too ... Maybe I'd make it through workout because I'd be so distracted I'd forget to swim ...

FlyQueen
December 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
And actually it's really only one crush, and then major admiration for the others ...

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I would like to meet Fortress and Allen...common on...anyone that enjoys breastroke is worth meeting to see if they are truly as normal as they sound.

Why thanks, Wookie. I'd like to meet you too. I know you must be a cool guy because you have a great user title. My house is filled with Star Wars fans. For awhile, everyone in my family had Jedi names. Mine was Ki-Adi-Mu-Mom. I liked sitting on the High Council. When my "Rude Hormonal Fortress" goes to the dark side, I call her Darth Swimious. :joker:

P.S. I hope you don't like Allen and me just because we're short.:rofl:

P.S.S. Who is Fritz?

swimr4life
December 14th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Oh, boy, this is tough. Since YOU started this, I pick you. Mainly because I wonder if I could ever keep up in a conversation with you; you're pretty quick-witted. And then I'd have to say Rich; I'd like to figure out how that brain of his works; he should be in Comedy, not swimming. And one more is Beth because she is fair and balanced and really nice to everyone.

That's my top 3.

Donna

Donna,
Thank-you so much for those kind words!! You really made my day. I'd love to meet you too. I really enjoy reading your posts and think that you are an extremely nice person yourself! I admire your humility and the dedication you have to train for an 18 MILE SWIM! WOW! Maybe I could come see you! I absolutely love the ocean and snorkeling/scuba diving! When can I come?:agree: ;)

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I admire your humility and the dedication you have to train for an 18 MILE SWIM! WOW!

I couldn't agree more Beth! And with Donna's description of you!

I would also like to meet Jim Matysek. I love his avatar. I bet the head that is bashing itself against the computer has the best forum stories ever.

islandsox
December 14th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Oh, Beth, thank you. And humility? Well, it's learned after many years: my motto: if one is wrong, give way and fess up; if one is correct; speak your mind, then give up. And getting to Roatan isn't that difficult anymore; beautiful turquoise water; 2nd largest reef system in the world to Australia, wonderful snorkeling.

The more I read from the fine folks here, I'd really love to meet just everyone.

And I'd love to meet Rob Copeland, he is an open water swimmer. And Coach T, he is so optimistic, and Matt, and Lindsay and Heather, well, my list is just endless. There isn't enough room to list everyone.

Too bad we can't have one big group meeting; like someone said before, we'd all probably get along beautifully if we met in person. And Terry Laughlin; I met him a long time ago.
Sorry, I got mushy because I care about people.:wave:

Donna

SwimStud
December 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
..time for a group hug...:woot:

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Very funny, Mr. Bailey. Didn't I say no kissin'? What'll Ande think of that rendezvous? OMG, where's your avatar? Are you already changing it?

SwimStud
December 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Very funny, Mr. Bailey. Didn't I say no kissin'? What'll Ande think of that rendezvous? OMG, where's your avatar? Are you already changing it?

Tried something but it won't work ...

I said hug....just because you're unable to "control yourself" in a hug don't drag me and others down...:joker:

The Fortress
December 14th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Tried something but it won't work ...

I said hug....just because you're unable to "control yourself" in a hug don't drag me and others down...:joker:

I don't want to "drag you down." I just want to duel with my purple light saber to claim ownership of your hottub. But I'm not sure hugging you with a light saber in your hand is a good idea. It might break my balloons. Now, the fact that you're a jedi (you're not a sith, are you?) is pretty sweet.

P.S. I'd like to meet Laineybug too. She and Geek are always at war. So she must be a pretty cool, tough lady.

Allen Stark
December 14th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Everybody!!!!!!! This is just a great group of people. Almost everyone I meet in swimming seems to be a really great person. I met Peter Cruise at a meet in1988. He was incredibly nice to my family and me. My son then 4,was incredibly impressed to meet a real policeman and a Canadian at that.He was very patient at the attention. He was also really fast in the 50 Breast. I held the American record at the time in the SCM 50 Br. and he beat me like a tin drum.

Peter Cruise
December 15th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah, well Allen, lately you've beaten me like an old carpet! And you're a calm voice of reason at meets, BTW.

Tree
December 15th, 2006, 06:25 AM
My vote is for Tree... Being half-way across the world, he's got a totally different way of life and everything else. Would be neat just to sit down over tea and talk about how things are over there

:D. Yeah. Absolutely. Things are quite different here. But life here is also kind of close to America, especially among youngests. They swarm into Mcdonalds, do the American accent, watch Holywood films, try to copy Hip Pop music style, celebrate almost every Western festival. Right now, a Chrismas tree with blue lights flashing is setting up in the street outside of my office building! In contrast, some traditional local festival is fading away! But generally speaking, things are very different here, at least nothing like Master Swimming here. ;) I hope someday you can come over and take a look. That would be fun.

swimr4life
December 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I guess I should have said my picks and said why when I started. In no particular order, it's so hard to choose, my daily dozen are:

Swimr4Life: Because she's my twin and shoulder support group buddy.

Islandsox: So I can go play in the Honduras.

Rich: I love cute British accents.

LBJ: I like that raccoon and we could talk about the history of running.

Geek: He can give me tips on zinging. I could also see for sure if he is really Speedo-Man.

Peter Cruise: He'd be fun to have a convoluted conversation with.

Allen Stark: We need to practice that IM we're setting the world record in. Maybe he could fix my breaststroke too.

Poolraat: I would like to go on a nice long run with him and then we could race the 50 back or 50 fly.

scyfreestyler: Because he's always around giving great advice and is witty.

SolarEnergy: We could converse and swear in French and he could diagnose my stroke flaws in person since my video camera is broken.

Geochuck: He's so funny and he posts the best video clips.

Ande: Because he is so darn fast and gives the best swimming advice.

I've already met some of the other funny folks here!!!!!

Hi Fortress! I was in the middle of posting twice yesterday and was interrupted! THANKS for including me in your list. You are at the top of mine!! We have so much in common it's wild. I think you are my twin sister seperated at birth. I would love to meet you someday.

I would love to meet islandsox, aquageek (he's so darn funny), richjb, Ande, Geochuck, Tom "the moose" Ellison (where has he been?), Laineybug (my fellow dawg lover...Go Dawgs!), HHowland, USMSara, Sonic, Sam Perry, LBJ, Geochuck and scyfreestyler.

Swimming is such a great sport because it attracts such GREAT PEOPLE!!! I have had the priviledge of "meeting" a lot of wonderful people on this discussion forum. You are all wonderful! I love you man!:wave:

Paul Smith
December 15th, 2006, 09:37 AM
One of the great things about having an insane travel schedule is that I've met an incredible amount of the posters here....often at meets, but usually at a practice somewhere that I've dropped in at.....the last was in Walnut Creek where I got my butt whipped :dedhorse: big time.....50's @ :30, 100's @ 1:05....I'm WAY to old for that stuff!! Mr. & Mrs. Duggan.....your animals working out with that group!

From here on out when in the Bay area I'm going to stick with my new "adopted home team".....the Manatee's.....however Mr. Clemmons ususally is very unkind in his selection of fast intervals.....come on Jim....I just want to hang out and chat with the coaches!

tjburk
December 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I've met a few people on here at Nationals back in Savannah and Rutgers the year before that....great people. Beth is exactly as she comes across in here!!! Just a wonderful person!!!

Beth, I too would like to meet Tom! Last I heard his health was deteriorating and I haven't heard from him in quite a while. Anybody have any ideas where he is?

geochuck
December 15th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I am a very lucky guy I have meet the great Peter Cruise but to tell the truth this week he does not live in Paradise.

I would like to meet Andy and have him sing a song for my wife Chuckie and yes Terry also.

I have several more like the Fortress etc etc etc.

The Fortress
December 15th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Fortress! I was in the middle of posting twice yesterday and was interrupted! THANKS for including me in your list. You are at the top of mine!! We have so much in common it's wild. I think you are my twin sister seperated at birth. I would love to meet you someday.

Separated at birth, reunited at Nationals! :lolup: That is, if we are not in shoulder therapy. Of course, even if we are, going to Seattle is a good excuse to get away from the rude ones and meet all these great posters. Now, I promise not to swim the 100 and 200 free so we can still be BFF. They're all yours baby!! Should we swim the 50 fly holding hands?

Peter Cruise
December 15th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I have met George, who is larger than life in person, full of p & v; def. kept in line by his wonderful wife who I also met.

I have met the rapid Allen Stark many times; he is a true gentleman and a dedicated swimmer & parent.

I have met Hugh Moore, one of our moderators from PNA, has a wry sense of humour despite being a butterflier; his wife Jane, also a swimmer, occasionally posts here with knowledgable acumen from her experience as a physician.

I have met Kathy Casey who recently posted to clarify some rules question, also from PNA, who is a tireless volunteer for masters and is flat out, one of the best human beings around. Her husband Hugh compiles records for FINA and swims breastroke, which makes him a prince among philistines.

dorianblade
December 15th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I would like to meet dorianblade. I find him fascinating.

The Fortress
December 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I am a very lucky guy I have meet the great Peter Cruise but to tell the truth this week he does not live in Paradise.

I would like to meet Andy and have him sing a song for my wife Chuckie and yes Terry also.

I have several more like the Fortress etc etc etc.

Hey George: I met you. I went to your website and saw you waving in the pool. I'm sure you were waving to me. I'm glad to know that Cruise says Mary Charlotte is keeping you in line!

Caped Crusader
December 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I would like to meet dorianblade. I find him fascinating.

Well, if you say so, then I'd like to meet you. But how is that dating going? I haven't seen anything new posted on that "inspiration" thread in awhile.

okoban
December 16th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I would be glad to meet any poster comes to Istanbul. Please let me know if you plan to come. By the way, it is a hot city this year. This years' Nobel Literature Award winner Orhan Pamuk is our citizen.
We also might have a workout together. Just let me know.
:wave:

dorianblade
December 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Well, if you say so, then I'd like to meet you. But how is that dating going? I haven't seen anything new posted on that "inspiration" thread in awhile.

oh yeah.. text girl is out. replaced with whisky girl and gym girl.

SolarEnergy
December 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Which poster would you most like to meet? It would have to be you Fortress :smooch:

If possible, we could also invite those long distance swimming specialists. I never get bored listening to marathon stories.

Did you guys know that George almost died when having to struggle against a nasty lake being upset by a storm. He managed to find his way to the shore, before seing a airplane crashing on the deck.

I read somewhere that Terry did a marathon swim around Manathan on a bllllloody fast pace.

Really, usms is one heck of a discussion board. It could be because of the .org nature of it.

But it certainly has to do with your kindness too Fortress

fanstone
December 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Back in 1996, at the start of runnersworld.com forums, and probably most forums anywhere, I started making friends with a bunch of people from all over. Eventually about two years later we met and ran the Marine Corps Marathon. We did that for three years straight, 1997, 98 and 99. I think there were about 20 of us. Three Canadians (both sides), one English girl, people from all over the U.S. and I, from Brazil. We even started our own little www. with a forum called Master's Running Forum. Eventually that ended. I still am good friends with a guy in Maryland, near Annapolis, and have met later with a guy in Lethbridge, Canada. Of course, the marathon was a good excuse for getting together and we had about a full year to plan the event. Okay, I would presently like to meet George, for his wisdom and knowledge and old timer type and the Fortress, who I have actually e-mailed once. She is closer to what would be home for me (my ancestors, my mother was from Mississippi). billy fanstone

The Fortress
December 16th, 2006, 09:29 PM
It would have to be you Fortress :smooch:

Solar:

Je suis overwhelmed. Vous êtes aussi, trop gentil. Je suis vraiment touché. J'espère ce n'est pas juste parce que je parle le français et comme maudire. :rofl:

I simply cannot resist Frenchmen! But I truly think you provide much better and more technical advice than me to all those in need here --including myself. You have made my night! Vraiment! Merci. :smooch: :smooch:

SolarEnergy
December 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Back in 1996, at the start of runnersworld.com forums, and probably most forums anywhere, I started making friends with a bunch of people from all over. Eventually about two years later we met and ran the Marine Corps Marathon. We did that for three years straight, 1997, 98 and 99. I think there were about 20 of us. Three Canadians (both sides), one English girl, people from all over the U.S. and I, from Brazil. We even started our own little www. with a forum called Master's Running Forum. Eventually that ended. I still am good friends with a guy in Maryland, near Annapolis, and have met later with a guy in Lethbridge, Canada. Of course, the marathon was a good excuse for getting together and we had about a full year to plan the event. Okay, I would presently like to meet George, for his wisdom and knowledge and old timer type and the Fortress, who I have actually e-mailed once. She is closer to what would be home for me (my ancestors, my mother was from Mississippi). billy fanstone I have very good friends on the web. If I win at the lotery, I will meet them all.

poolraat
December 16th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I have very good friends on the web. If I win at the lotery, I will meet them all.

I've always said that if I won the lottery I would travel the world & flyfish every worthy stream, river and lake I could. If I win now I'll have to arrange my fishing trips to coincide with masters meets.

Caped Crusader
December 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM
If possible, we could also invite those long distance swimming specialists. I never get bored listening to marathon stories.

I would like to meet all the marathon swimmers and runners. I am certainly glad that Geochuck did not drown in the lake.

I would also like to meet our unconventional, controversial poster that scyfreestyler nominated. I think some guy owes him an apology.

knelson
December 18th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I've met just about anyone from PNA who posts here. I've also met Rob Copeland, Jeff Commings, Skip Thompson, Michael Moore and probably a couple others I'm forgetting!

Brian Stack
December 18th, 2006, 04:14 PM
One of the great things about having an insane travel schedule is that I've met an incredible amount of the posters here....often at meets, but usually at a practice somewhere that I've dropped in at.....the last was in Walnut Creek where I got my butt whipped :dedhorse: big time.....50's @ :30, 100's @ 1:05....I'm WAY to old for that stuff!! Mr. & Mrs. Duggan.....your animals working out with that group!

From here on out when in the Bay area I'm going to stick with my new "adopted home team".....the Manatee's.....however Mr. Clemmons ususally is very unkind in his selection of fast intervals.....come on Jim....I just want to hang out and chat with the coaches!

The Coaches are OK with that!:agree: It took the Tall One to drag me out of lurk mode, but the season also helped. I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the folks on the forum in person too, and have enjoyed those I haven't met as well. This group is a wealth of information, attitude, and good humor. Thanks to all of you for being here and keeping us inspired, entertained, and learning.
Our Team, the Manatees would like to invite anyone who happens to find themselves in Oakland or it's immediate environs, to drop in for a swim.
Don't let the Tall One scare you off, we just let Jim set intervals for Paul.

See Ya:wave:

Brian

Peter Cruise
December 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Brian has the germ of a good idea there. Perhaps we forum contributors could suggest sets (& intervals) to compliant coaches of other forum members (or inactive forum members). I think it could provide some amusement...

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 11:27 AM
In addition to Solar, who I've already agreed to meet, I'd like to meet Valhallen and Zirconium because they speak le francais too.

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 11:32 AM
In addition to Solar, who I've already agreed to meet, I'd like to meet Valhallen and Zirconium because they speak le francais too.

Fortress, we need to talk about your avatar and your new name ... hmmmm ... Have you seen single white female?! :help:

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Fortress, we need to talk about your avatar and your new name ... hmmmm ... Have you seen single white female?! :help:

Is this better?

I haven't seen single white female. I am apparently clueless in the movie department.

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Is this better?

I haven't seen single white female. I am apparently clueless in the movie department.

hahaha ... that was fast ... Who was your previous avatar? Is this the third one today?

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Ther was only one good scene in that movie! I've been scared of high heels ever since...

But Bridget, oh Bridget...the next Mrs RichJB :D

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 11:41 AM
hahaha ... that was fast ... Who was your previous avatar? Is this the third one today?

No, it's my fourth. And that is definitely me. Can't you tell? :rofl:

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 11:43 AM
That's not you there are no plastic flowers on that hat!

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 11:45 AM

What happened to the bunny? Who was the flyer? You?

Single White Female was a movie in the early 90s (?) with Bridget Fonda (I think) where she got a new roommate and the roommate tried to take over her life basically - cut her hair to be like Fonda's, dressed like her, tried to get her boyfriend, etc ...

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 11:48 AM
What happened to the bunny? Who was the flyer? You? Single White Female was a movie in the early 90s (?) with Bridget Fonda (I think) where she got a new roommate and the roommate tried to take over her life basically - cut her hair to be like Fonda's, dressed like her, tried to get her boyfriend, etc ...

It was me. Is that you? I promise I won't steal your boyfriend. I got me a Mr. Fortress who I think I'll keep.

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
What happened to the bunny? Who was the flyer? You?

Single White Female was a movie in the early 90s (?) with Bridget Fonda (I think) where she got a new roommate and the roommate tried to take over her life basically - cut her hair to be like Fonda's, dressed like her, tried to get her boyfriend, etc ...

Jennifer Jason Leigh...the whacko
Bridget Fonda...the victim

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
It was me. Is that you? I promise I won't steal your boyfriend. I got me a Mr. Fortress who I think I'll keep.

You're making a fair bit of white water there Forty

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 11:59 AM
You're making a fair bit of white water there Forty

I must need better technique. My results do not speak for themselves.

Is there anyone you want to meet besides Bridget?

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 12:03 PM

Nope still not me ... I have to get batteries for the digital camera, take a picture, upload it ... blah, blah ...

Phew, my boyfriend, George Clooney is safe, huh? ;)

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Nope still not me ... I have to get batteries for the digital camera, take a picture, upload it ... blah, blah ... Phew, my boyfriend, George Clooney is safe, huh? ;)

Now, if he's your boyfriend, you're not safe.

So is that Katie Hoff too?

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Is there anyone you want to meet besides Bridget?

...from hollywood? No not really they are all way to shallow and self obsessesed. Well, ok you could persuade me to take Angelina out to lunch or something...but she'd have to wear the silvery-grey Lara Croft bodysuit outfit..

just teasing you about your white water too.. I am sure I have a crest when I am swimming...:rofl:

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Now, if he's your boyfriend, you're not safe.

So is that Katie Hoff too?

Right now he's as close as I have ... :(

No that is Jenny Thompson ... I don't want to discriminate ...

poolraat
December 19th, 2006, 12:29 PM
...from hollywood? No not really they are all way to shallow and self obsessesed. Well, ok you could persuade me to take Angelina out to lunch or something...but she'd have to wear the silvery-grey Lara Croft bodysuit outfit..

Angrlina? Give me a break!! It's got to be Nicole. I'm crazy about tall redheads!!

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Angrlina? Give me a break!! It's got to be Nicole. I'm crazy about tall redheads!!

I'd take George, Matthew Mcconaughey, Luke Wilson, Patrick Dempsey ...

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I'd take George, Matthew Mcconaughey, Luke Wilson, Patrick Dempsey ...

You're not fussy then? ;)

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 12:59 PM
You're not fussy then? ;)

I try not to be too picky ...

thewookiee
December 19th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I try not to be too picky ...

It helps keep options open...like should I do the 50 free or the 1650 free.

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM

Well on is fabulous and the other is about 1600 yards too long ... it's more like should I do the 50 fly and 50 free this meet?

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Well on is fabulous and the other is about 1600 yards too long ... it's more like should I do the 50 fly and 50 free this meet?

I bet you'd crank out the 1650 if George was waiting for you at the other end ... :rofl:

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I bet you'd crank out the 1650 if George was waiting for you at the other end ... :rofl:

I did it once ... that was enough ... but for George I could bust out another one ... :p

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I did it once ... that was enough ... but for George I could bust out another one ... :p

I agree. I'd bust one out for George. I'd even do it in Italy at his lake house. Hey, about time we saw one of Natalie.

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I agreed. I'd bust one out for George. I'd even do it in Italy at his lake house. Hey, about time we saw one of Natalie.

Wait...he is neither French speaking or the owner of a credible English accent...you're confusing us Fortress..what do you want??? :rolleyes:

thewookiee
December 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Love the photo of Natalie!! Anyone who puts a photo like that up, I am willing to meet.

I talked with someone over the summer, after she had finished the 200 free. I asked her if the event was 100 meters too long. She said "no, it's 150 meters too long" Personally, I love the 200 free,100/200 back.

Fortress, you keep changing photos. At the rate you are going, each of us will see our faces under your name before long..lol

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Wait...he is neither French speaking or the owner of a credible English accent...you're confusing us Fortress..what do you want??? :rolleyes:

You're just jealous. I thought it was a woman's perogative to change her mind...:rofl:

The Fortress
December 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Love the photo of Natalie!! Anyone who puts a photo like that up, I am willing to meet.

Fortress, you keep changing photos. At the rate you are going, each of us will see our faces under your name before long..lol

Since we've long shot past the world of posters into our own fantasy worlds, I would like to meet Natalie.

Wookie: I'm trying to keep up with Heather. I only use people or things in my own house for avatars. I don't know how Heather does all that fancy downloading. But I sure like her pics.

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
You're just jealous. I thought it was a woman's perogative to change her mind...:rofl:

Is OK I'll just return the stuff I bought to the store...

hehe

FlyQueen
December 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I agree. I'd bust one out for George. I'd even do it in Italy at his lake house. Hey, about time we saw one of Natalie.

I thought doing the 1650 at the lake Como in Italy near his home was implied ... hmm ...

I have a teammate who swears up and down that I look like Natalie, I personally don't see it, but I'll take what I can get ...

thewookiee
December 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I have a teammate who swears up and down that I look like Natalie, I personally don't see it, but I'll take what I can get ...

That's should be worth a big xmas present to your teammate. Now if we could swim like her...graceful and FAST.

Personally, I would like to meet her as well. Plus, Amanda Weir, Jessica Hardy, Amanda Beard, Diana Munz, Kari Lynn Joyce, Mary Descenza...

SwimStud
December 19th, 2006, 04:20 PM
That's should be worth a big xmas present to your teammate. Now if we could swim like her...graceful and FAST.

Personally, I would like to meet her as well. Plus, Amanda Weir, Jessica Hardy, Amanda Beard, Diana Munz, Kari Lynn Joyce, Mary Descenza...

I see a pattern here...:rofl:

Caped Crusader
December 19th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I have a teammate who swears up and down that I look like Natalie

Then everyone should want to meet you. You must be too busy swimming and coaching and foruming to find the right guy.

thewookiee
December 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I see a pattern here...:rofl:

:D Quilty :D

Caped Crusader
December 19th, 2006, 10:54 PM

It's fine to be "quilty" of chick viewing, but I would close out this option, be picky and just swim the 1650.

thewookiee
December 20th, 2006, 08:47 AM
It's fine to be "quilty" of chick viewing, but I would close out this option, be picky and just swim the 1650.

That's 1450 yards to long. I will stick to the 200 free. Speaking of the 1650, why do people like to swim this race? I can't imagine for the life of me what people find appealing about doing it over and over again.

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Then everyone should want to meet you. You must be too busy swimming and coaching and foruming to find the right guy.

Yeah the line is around the block, I am currently accepting applications ... interviews after the holidays ... a decision to be made by early February ...

SwimStud
December 20th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah the line is around the block, I am currently accepting applications ... interviews after the holidays ... a decision to be made by early February ...

Feb 14th...?:rofl:

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Feb 14th...?:rofl:

Hmmm ... that would be covenient ... of course he'd have to swim with me first so that makes it a much smaller pool from which to draw ...

SwimStud
December 20th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hmmm ... that would be covenient ... of course he'd have to swim with me first so that makes it a much smaller pool from which to draw ...

The theraputic pool? hehehe

Nice Pun there Double H ;) or should that be "H2 Oh!" ?

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM
The theraputic pool? hehehe

Nice Pun there Double H ;) or should that be "H2 Oh!" ?

I'm trying to make the H2 nickname catch on ... I've never had a nickname ...

thewookiee
December 20th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Will you be accepting online applications?

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 12:03 PM

Yes, I don't discriminate ...

SwimStud
December 20th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, I don't discriminate ...

I'm just sitting here laughing imaging H2's puter going "You've got mail!" every 2 seceonds lol

Caped Crusader
December 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM

I guess this is the dating thread, since the inspiration thread has disappeared. Happy Valentine's Day Wookie and Heather. Wookie, I hope you're not too tall or we'll be watching "The Break Up."

Back on topic, I think Heather Howland should also be nominated for the "Frequent Poster" Award. Keep up the good work, Heather. Not only are you cute enough to attract the Wookie and many others I'm sure, but your posts are very funny and interesting to read. And even Geek seems to have finally found a topic to engage his vast intelligence and is posting more. Now where's that other guy? I even apologized to him.

I also find SeaGurl's new avatar quite amusing.

Seagurl51
December 20th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I want to meet everybody on this forum! I've been mostly hiding in the back lately, trying to keep up with all these new people!! It seems like everytime I log back on there's someone new and exciting!

Who's going to Nationals? We need to work something out!

AND I'll finally be 21 so we can go :drink: !!

p.s. I'm glad you like my avatar and poetry Caped. Thanx!

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I guess this is the dating thread, since the inspiration thread has disappeared. Happy Valentine's Day Wookie and Heather. Wookie, I hope you're not too tall or we'll be watching "The Break Up."

Back on topic, I think Heather Howland should also be nominated for the "Frequent Poster" Award. Keep up the good work, Heather. Not only are you cute enough to attract the Wookie and many others I'm sure, but your posts are very funny and interesting to read. And even Geek seems to have finally found a topic to engage his vast intelligence and is posting more. Now where's that other guy? I even apologized to him.

I also find SeaGurl's new avatar quite amusing.

Awh, thanks!

SwimStud
December 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I want to meet everybody on this forum!...Who's going to Nationals? We need to work something out!

AND I'll finally be 21 so we can go :drink: !!

Heck, let's just blow off the swim, grab the brews and buy a kiddie pool to lounge in between events we want to watch...:rofl:

Seagurl51
December 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Heck, let's just blow off the swim, grab the brews and buy a kiddie pool to lounge in between events we want to watch...:rofl:

I'm strangely ok with that.

The Fortress
December 20th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I'm strangely ok with that.

Me too.

I want to watch the epic duel between Geek and Gull in the 500 free. I want to watch Tall Paul vs. GoodSmith. I want to watch Allen Stark and Jim Clemmons face off in breaststroke. I want to watch Kristina win the 400 IM. I want to see the Raz in action. I would like to see Muppet vs. SwimmieAvsFan in the 200 back. With all that watching and cheering, there is no time for swimming. Plus, I'm holding hands with Beth in the 50 fly and winning that sucker outright (assuming she will be 45 by then). :lolup: Watch out Lisa Dahl!! Besides, one race is enough for me. Then I'll go on my run to burn calories for the post-race drinking.

Seagurl51
December 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I would most like to meet Heather, because she's absolutely fabulous and keeps me endlessly entertained. She's also strikingly beautiful and swim like an angel. ;)

FlyQueen
December 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I would most like to meet Heather, because she's absolutely fabulous and keeps me endlessly entertained. She's also strikingly beautiful and swim like an angel. ;)

hahaha ... you are too funny!

Seagurl51
December 20th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I try. :wiggle:

Caped Crusader
December 20th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I try. :wiggle:

You're doing a great job. And I said long ago that I wanted to meet you because you were a good poet.

Allen Stark
December 20th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I'll be at both Nationals:Federal Way and The Woodlands.I hope I see a bunch of you at one or the other. Fortress,don't get too excited about my SCY 200 Br. Even though I am working on my turns,Jim pretty much kills me on the pull-outs(I'm short,he isn't) so our LCM is a better race(for me,I imagine Jim likes the SCY just fine.)

Paul Smith
December 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
There have been various attempts over the years to get a group from this forum together at nationals....I think Cleveland was the last time that some people actuall did make it to a bar and have some drinks.....correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Shirley?

Worlds was such a blur I never did get out with anyone other than my wife on night and my teamates for 2 others......exhaustion really took its toll!

So.....we're 5 months our from Seattle.....which has its fair share of watering holes.....lets get a thread started on forum get together and see if we can get Dennis (Baker) to help us find the spot....?

PS: Goodsmith gets a reprieve next year from my abuse in the 50/100, I'm turning into a mid distance guy again.....Ande....you'll need to take your fellow Longhorn down!

The Fortress
December 20th, 2006, 10:23 PM
There have been various attempts over the years to get a group from this forum together at nationals....lets get a thread started on forum get together

Grand idea, Paul. How is that GoodSmith fellow doing with his shoulder?

I would like to reserve a table for me, my twin sister Beth (Swimr4Life) and my baby sister Heather (HHowland, now the Fly Queen) to meet with the newbie JBDrags to discuss shoulder issues. We may only be swimming the 50 fly/50 back/50 free anyway, so we'll have ample time to chat after our wee sprints. Anyone with a shoulder problem, past or present, is welcome to join our shoulder support group table. I expect Islandsox to show up even though she's an ocean away. Allen Stark can come too, even though he's a butterfrogger, because he likes short axis strokes and therefore can cheer us all on in the 50 fly.

The Fortress
December 20th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'll be at both Nationals:Federal Way and The Woodlands.I hope I see a bunch of you at one or the other. Fortress,don't get too excited about my SCY 200 Br. Even though I am working on my turns,Jim pretty much kills me on the pull-outs(I'm short,he isn't) so our LCM is a better race(for me,I imagine Jim likes the SCY just fine.)

Wait a minute, Allen, I know there was some guy on this forum who specifically told us that short swimmers like ourselves have an advantage in short course. How tall is that Jim Clemmons guy? I haven't met him yet. My secret nemesis is at least 6'1." So no complaining!

But I guess maybe there isn't as much of an advantage in breast as in fly or back because you don't get those SDKs. And I know you are too honorable to cheat. :rofl:

KaizenSwimmer
December 20th, 2006, 10:30 PM
short swimmers like ourselves have an advantage in short course.

Short axis, not short course.
Also underwater on SDK.

The Fortress
December 20th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Short axis, not short course.
Also underwater on SDK.

Wait, so you're saying that Allen should have an advantage over Jim then? Or do the absence of SDKs in the short-axis breast eliminate the normal short-axis advantage?

If you're just now crashing our party after all the OW swimming in Florida, KaizenSwimmer, you better name names of folks you want to meet. You don't want to be accused of hijacking a thread. (Of course, I would never do that.) Have you placed your xmas list on the "Tis the Season" thread? I put one on there for you.

If you want to win that award for "Most Controversial Poster," you better come back and post more.

Caped Crusader
December 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM

I would like to reserve a table for me, my twin sister Beth (Swimr4Life) and my baby sister Heather (HHowland) to meet with the newbie JBDrags to discuss shoulder issues. We may only be swimming the 50 fly/50 back/50 free anyway, so we'll have ample time to chat after our wee sprints. Anyone with a shoulder problem, past or present, is welcome to join our shoulder support group table. I expect Islandsox to show up even though she's an ocean away. Allen Stark can come too, even though he's a butterfrogger, because he likes short axis strokes and therefore can cheer us all on in the 50 fly.

I don't want to sit at that table, but I'm sure the conversation would be quite interesting.

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 10:25 AM

I would like to reserve a table for me, my twin sister Beth (Swimr4Life) and my baby sister Heather (HHowland) to meet with the newbie JBDrags to discuss shoulder issues. We may only be swimming the 50 fly/50 back/50 free anyway, so we'll have ample time to chat after our wee sprints. Anyone with a shoulder problem, past or present, is welcome to join our shoulder support group table. I expect Islandsox to show up even though she's an ocean away. Allen Stark can come too, even though he's a butterfrogger, because he likes short axis strokes and therefore can cheer us all on in the 50 fly.

Sounds good to me! I won't be in Federal Way, finishing up the masters this March and will definitely not be wealthy enough to swing that trip ... unless I win the lottery, which I'm counting on ... I will be in Austin in 08 though, if for no other reason than to snag myself a hottie Longhorn ...

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 10:27 AM
I don't want to sit at that table, but I'm sure the conversation would be quite interesting.

We can hang at the bar Caped...and talk about important matters over a few beers...stuff like how great the ladies looked in their fastskins...etc:groovy:

Caped Crusader
December 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
We can hang at the bar Caped...and talk about important matters over a few beers...stuff like how great the ladies looked in their fastskins...etc:groovy:

I'm with you there buddy because I don't happen to favor pools. We'll just drink MonkeyLaLas with Islandsox and cheer on the folks that are doing our prefered strokes of free and breast. Can a short-axis and a long-axis swimmer be pals?

thewookiee
December 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM

Good, now I can join Fortress table, since I have had rotator cuff surgery. This gives me some war stories, so I don't have to think of some dumb way to join them at their table...I was sweating that one...lol

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 10:36 AM
Good, now I can join the Fortress table, since I have had rotator cuff surgery. This gives me some war stories, so I don't have to think of some dumb way to join them at their table...I was sweating that one...lol

I already said I'd love to meet you because you like Star Wars, Wookie. Now, that we have shoulder issues in common, well that makes us buds. (Is there anyone on this forum who has not had shoulder problems or shoulder surgery?!)

I don't think you needed an excuse to meet Heather though. She said she would be happy to meet you. :rofl: You just gotta get to her before she hooks up with some hunky Texan.

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm with you there buddy because I don't happen to favor pools. We'll just drink MonkeyLaLas with Islandsox and cheer on the folks that are doing our prefered strokes of free and breast. Can a short-axis and a long-axis swimmer be pals?

I think I may be a distance swimmer in the making. I was looking at "Swim across the sound" it's a 25k OW swim (Long Island Sound) but there is a 10 hour limit. and they limit participants to 15 individual but maybe 25-35 relays... It's in August each year. Worried about the jellyfish though...

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM

Can I sit at this table too? :wave: I think I meet the requirements.

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Can I sit at this table too? :wave: I think I meet the requirements.

Sure, but aren't you kinda young to be having shoulder problems? I don't think you're properly dessicated yet. Gull says us middle age folks are dessicated. Since you are now of age and can :drink: , we will gladly take you. Especially since you are so funny. It's gonna be a big table at this rate. Maybe we should reserve the whole darn restaurant ...:laugh2:

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Sure, but aren't you kinda young to be having shoulder problems? I don't think you're properly dessicated yet. Gull says us middle age folks are dessicated. Since you are now of age and can :drink: , we will gladly take you. Especially since you are so funny. It's gonna be a big table at this rate. Maybe we should reserve the whole darn restaurant ...:laugh2:

Fortress, she is a breaststroker and a distance swimmer though ...

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM

Maybe she's open-minded and can tolerate us fly/backers. Your backstroke looks very nice today, Heather. She can chat with the Wookie (when he's not flirting with you) because he does the 200 free. Or Allen. I invited him to our table because he likes us short axis folks.

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM

I'm not dessicated quite yet, PT managed to hold off the surgery.

And thanks for letting me come sit and the big people table. :woot:

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:20 AM

My own friend turning against me! :shakeshead:

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:24 AM
My own friend turning against me! :shakeshead:

Awh, little sister, never! I just like tease you because you are so adorable! In Austin, I'll even buy you the first drink!

And Fortress, yes Amanda's backstroke looks mighty fine .... ;)

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
Awh, little sister, never! I just like tease you because you are so adorable! In Austin, I'll even buy you the first drink!

And Fortress, yes Amanda's backstroke looks mighty fine .... ;)

I guess I'm ok with that then. ;) And I'll keep my eyes open when I'm in Austin this summer....you never know :smooch:

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
I guess I'm ok with that then. ;) And I'll keep my eyes open when I'm in Austin this summer....you never know :smooch:

Please find me a certain texas swimmer, that I believe has a decent backstroke ...

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
Please find me a certain texas swimmer, that I believe has a decent backstroke ...

Can he really be single?!?!

What about the Wookie?

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM

I'll see what I can do. I'll try and schmooze Ande at Nationals, so come summer I can pull some strings. ;)

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:33 AM

Details, Details....

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM

What about the Wookie?

You are quite the troublemaker Fortress ...

As for Aaron, who knows, a girlfriend would be a minor detail, I can take care of that ... :rofl:

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 11:41 AM
You are quite the troublemaker Fortress ...

As for Aaron, who knows, a girlfriend would be a minor detail, I can take care of that ... :rofl:

I've already sown the seed of a plan in another post for you H2 :rofl:

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:59 AM
I've already sown the seed of a plan in another post for you H2 :rofl:

Fabulous idea ... I'm sure the prision time will do wonders for my weight lifting ...

islandsox
December 21st, 2006, 09:56 PM
Well, I most certainly am qualified to join the Round Table of shoulder injuries. It seems that we have quite the crowd, so we'd probably need to nominate people for positions, at least the first year. Kind of a like a Board of Directors. Maybe we could call ourselves Shoulders Together but have a secret hand shake instead of a shoulder-shake; we don't want anyone getting hurt.

Donna

The Fortress
December 22nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Well, I most certainly am qualified to join the Round Table of shoulder injuries. It seems that we have quite the crowd, so we'd probably need to nominate people for positions, at least the first year. Kind of a like a Board of Directors. Maybe we could call ourselves Shoulders Together but have a secret hand shake instead of a shoulder-shake; we don't want anyone getting hurt.Donna

Well, we sure can't be Shoulders Anonymous.

I want to meet Tom Jaeger because he is living in my home town, swimming in my pool and swimming my favorite stroke. I hope he won't be joining our little group because of all those 200 flys he's doing in my pool.

Seagurl51
December 22nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Well, we sure can't be Shoulders Anonymous.

I want to meet Tom Jaeger because he is living in my home town, swimming in my pool and swimming my favorite stroke. I hope he won't be joining our little group because of all those 200 flys he's doing in my pool.

Tom Jaeger the coach of UIdaho swimming? Are you from Moscow?

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Tom Jaeger the coach of UIdaho swimming? Are you from Moscow?

Another case of mistaken identity, he does have a fantastic name, but this guy is from Minnesota ...

Seagurl51
December 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
Another case of mistaken identity, he does have a fantastic name, but this guy is from Minnesota ...

Oh ok. Never mind then......:o

jaegermeister
December 24th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Maybe there are many of us T. J.'s

I am not a coach, but I am a physician who has endured a few shoulder symptoms myself. I am in NO WAY interested in doing anything other than commiserating with the individuals at the shoulder table; no free advice from me. Mostly 'cause I'm not an orthopod and would much rather be chums and not be the professional.

I'm going to work harder now to get a national time since it sounds like it will be a mess of fun :woot:

The Fortress
January 25th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Long overdue: I would like to meet my favorite math geek and poet, newmastersswimmer. (I already met that other cool math Geek, Muppet.)

I renew my wish to meet ande who keeps giving me the best advice.

I would also like to meet some_girl because she is a flying hipster with great vocab and caustic wit.

I would also like to meet Gull and Geek, so I could tell which one is really Speedo-Man. Plus, it would be fun to see that 500 free grudge race.

newmastersswimmer
January 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Long overdue: I would like to meet my favorite math geek and poet, newmastersswimmer. (I already met that other cool math Geek, Muppet.)

I renew my wish to meet ande who keeps giving me the best advice.

posted by The Fort

Sure we can meet at a swim meet down the road I'm sure....I am planning on attending SCY Nats in 2008 in Austin. I know Heather and Kyra are going for sure ....and not because I asked them about it (or discussed it with them or anything)...just because I know how they are when it comes to Austin and UT....LOL!!.....They will be all over Austin like it was crack cocaine....LOL!! (sorry girls...but after hearing about your obsessions with UT swimmers for months and months on end way back when I just could'nt resist...in fact the dirt I referred to on Heather previously was just about her crush on a certain backstroker from UT that she has already fessed up to on this thread anyway....oh that and her liking to dance on bars....).

I want to meet Ande too.....Wait a second ....I already have met Ande on multiple occaissions in fact....LOL! (See how bad my memory really is..LOL!!). Kyra was suppose to drive to Austin in the summer of 2005 and join me and Ande at practice but she never showed....So Ande and I worked out together for a few days and had breakfast together at some really awesome resturants and had a great time.....too bad Kyra missed out on it....some kind of lame excuse about not finding a ride or something...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

Seagurl51
January 25th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I don't know if I want to tell you the real reason I didn't make it up now or not....it'll make you feel bad.....so as a disclaimer...Jim, don't feel bad. I think I did make something up for the reason I couldn't come at the time. ;) Real reason: I wrecked my Aunt and Uncle's car about 3 hours before my friend and I were supposed to leave to go up to Austin that day. The two cars in front of me stopped, I hit a puddle and slid into the back of a jacked up F150 and crumpled the front end of the Volvo. Everybody was ok. But my Uncle is intimitading (military man) and I was not about to ask him I could still go to Austin or not.....so that's why I bailed out. I'll be in San Antonio again this summer though, and you bet I'll be in Austin. I'm having a 21 run around the end of May if you want to come. :)

I'm totally going to be in Austin for '08 though!!! I'm all over that!!! Any excuse to party in Austin (and I'll actually be 21 this time) is worth going, but add in the fact that I can dance on bars and chase boys with my big sis' (I've just adopted you Heather you have no choice in this matter) and I'm on that like frosting on a cupcake.....(with sprinkles mmm).

While we're on the subject of Nationals, I'm inviting everyone who can make it to come to Red Robin (by the SeaTac mall in Federal Way) either Friday or Saturday night for dinner and drinks....because I'll be newly 21 and I can do that!:drink: Figure something more concrete out when it's a little closer, just wanted to inject the idea!

newmastersswimmer
January 25th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Wow, so thats what really happened eh? Sorry to hear about that....I hope you didn't get into too much trouble....sounds like you couldn't have prevented the accident anyway...well at least you survived o.k. ...cars can be repaired that's why we have insurance...you have nothing to be embarressed about ...I've been in some pretty bad wrecks and caused some too. SCY Nats in 2008 sounds like its going to be a blast....too bad Heather loathes me so much these days or I could have hung out with you two crazy bar dancing birds...LOL!! ..But who knows maybe she will have come to tolerate me enough by then and I can still join in the fun?

Newmastersswimmer

Seagurl51
January 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
She doesn't hate you. You can hang out with us. ;) How are you at being a wing man? hehehe

I didn't really get in trouble. I have to pay for the damages, but they were just happy that it wasn't worse and no one was hurt.

FlyQueen
January 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Wow, so thats what really happened eh? Sorry to hear about that....I hope you didn't get into too much trouble....sounds like you couldn't have prevented the accident anyway...well at least you survived o.k. ...cars can be repaired that's why we have insurance...you have nothing to be embarressed about ...I've been in some pretty bad wrecks and caused some too. SCY Nats in 2008 sounds like its going to be a blast....too bad Heather loathes me so much these days or I could have hung out with you two crazy bar dancing birds...LOL!! ..But who knows maybe she will have come to tolerate me enough by then and I can still join in the fun?

Newmastersswimmer

We might be able to work towards tolerance ... ;)

newmastersswimmer
January 26th, 2007, 08:12 AM
While we're on the subject of Nationals, I'm inviting everyone who can make it to come to Red Robin (by the SeaTac mall in Federal Way) either Friday or Saturday night for dinner and drinks....because I'll be newly 21 and I can do that! Figure something more concrete out when it's a little closer, just wanted to inject the idea! posted by Seagurl

Oh yeah I forgot to mention HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY TO KYRA!!! :applaud: :woot: :woot: :joker: :joker: :p

Newmastersswimmer

p.s. You know you really love me Heather...why hide it?...LOL!!!

Seagurl51
January 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM
While we're on the subject of Nationals, I'm inviting everyone who can make it to come to Red Robin (by the SeaTac mall in Federal Way) either Friday or Saturday night for dinner and drinks....because I'll be newly 21 and I can do that! Figure something more concrete out when it's a little closer, just wanted to inject the idea! posted by Seagurl

Oh yeah I forgot to mention HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY TO KYRA!!! :applaud: :woot: :woot: :joker: :joker: :p

Newmastersswimmer

A little early, but thanks!!!! ;)

Caped Crusader
January 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I would like to reserve a table for me, my twin sister Beth (Swimr4Life) and my baby sister Heather (HHowland, now the Fly Queen) to meet with the newbie JBDrags to discuss shoulder issues. We may only be swimming the 50 fly/50 back/50 free anyway, so we'll have ample time to chat after our wee sprints. Anyone with a shoulder problem, past or present, is welcome to join our shoulder support group table. I expect Islandsox to show up even though she's an ocean away. Allen Stark can come too, even though he's a butterfrogger, because he likes short axis strokes and therefore can cheer us all on in the 50 fly.

What about guys who just want to join a table with hot chicks? Can we come?

SwimStud
January 27th, 2007, 12:59 AM
What about guys who just want to join a table with hot chicks? Can we come?

I thought that was a given. Caped we can share a spot if needed and do like a "speed date" type thing.

newmastersswimmer
January 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
What about guys who just want to join a table with hot chicks? Can we come? posted by the caped crusader

Not just hot chicks caped one.....hot chicks that get drunk and dance on bars!!...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

swimr4life
January 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Fortress, I just saw a picture of you on your profile! You are beautiful! I feel honored to be called your "twin"!

The Fortress
January 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Fortress, I just saw a picture of you on your profile! You are beautiful! I feel honored to be called your "twin"!

Thanks Beth. It's from xmas. I just put it up there for someone to take a peek so he/she could see who they were chatting with, and then forgot to take it down. I'm sure there were a few gray hairs showing. And I'm sure you're just as beautiful. I know you are on the inside. :)

Muppet
January 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
What about guys who just want to join a table with hot chicks? Can we come? posted by the caped crusader

Not just hot chicks caped one.....hot chicks that get drunk and dance on bars!!...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

If the womenfolk aren't going to let us at their table, lets just go to Hooters. I hear they have great wings :drink:

The Fortress
January 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM
If the womenfolk aren't going to let us at their table, lets just go to Hooters. I hear they have great wings :drink:

Well, it is the "shoulder injury" table we were discussing. The other men at the table thus far (like Allen and Wookie) have bad shoulders. But I for one would be happy to have the funny math geeks (or other cool guys) without shoulder injuries join in the levity and drinking PROVIDED they don't assert that shoulder injuries are caused "solely" or "mainly" or "primarily" by bad technique. :rofl:

I like that new signature by the way!

poolraat
January 27th, 2007, 12:13 PM
(or other cool guys)

As an engineer I guess I could be considered a math geek and I have had a shoulder injury (it's not too bad now, just aches occassionally). Two out of three isn't bad.

FlyQueen
January 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Newmastersswimmer

SHHHH! You'll make Rich jealous ... ;) :rofl:

FlyQueen
January 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Newmastersswimmer

Do we know any bar dancing chicks ... hmmm ... it's been awhile since I've done that ... you buy the drinks I'll provide the entertainment ... deal? :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: = :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

newmastersswimmer
January 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Do we know any bar dancing chicks ... hmmm ... it's been awhile since I've done that ... you buy the drinks I'll provide the entertainment ... deal?

posted by Flyqueen

Well....Let me think about that one for a while....hmmmm.....Well, o.k. I guess I can live with that deal...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

p.s. We don't have to worry about making Rich too jealous now, he has already had to deal with plenty of jealousy after seeing my meager bicep pic ....and he seems to be dealing with that one o.k. I suppose?...LOL!!

SwimStud
January 30th, 2007, 10:27 AM
SHHHH! You'll make Rich jealous ... ;) :rofl:

p.s. We don't have to worry about making Rich too jealous now, he has already had to deal with plenty of jealousy after seeing my meager bicep pic ....and he seems to be dealing with that one o.k. I suppose?...LOL!!

FQ: When I swoop past you in the adjacent lane at one of these meets and have time enough to look back and wink triumphantly, we'll see who is jealous of who...
Jim...are you drunk again?

Don't make me post a pic of my calves...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :drink: :drink: :banana: :banana: :D hehehe.

The Fortress
February 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'd like to meet Dennis Baker even though he's way too busy to post. Will he be at Nationals? Assuming so.

When should we start making our table arrangements and reservations?

The Fortress
February 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I'd like to meet Geek. I don't think he's really as much of an unsilly curmudgeon as he's come across recently. Although maybe he'll actually read this less Mindful thread and let us all know. He seems to be just a mega forum baiter. He's probably due for a USMS threadies nomination in that category, but I'm going to sleep now.

I'd also like to renew (as I have done before, it's 2007, so I feel entitled) my desire to meet Peter Cruise. It's obvious why. Plus, he likes the vino and he is Biblioman. ;)

fanstone
February 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I'd like to meet you Fortress! Interestingly, I did have a forum encounter (runnersworld people) in Falls Church, not far from where you are. A group of people from runnersworld.com, under the leadership of a couple of runners from the D.C. area, met before the Marine Corps Marathon in 1997. I think there were about 20 of us. We did repeat encounters in the following two years always during the weekend of the MCM. Most of us stayed at the Marriot in Arlington, the one at the Key Bridge. I made good friends and still am friends with one person who lives in Pasadena, M.D. about 50 miles north of you. But alas, the economy has shifted here, the dollar is no longer cheap, the airline that flew direct to Dulles with low airfares went bankrupt and so forth. I have fond memories of the D.C. area. I remember shopping for running shoes at the "Fleet" store just off 95 near a Metro terminal. Also getting skate boards at a specialty shop in that mall close by for my son (who is now in college). Also driving all over the place, including Washington, without getting lost. You know, 8 years later, when a nephew got a scholarship or similar, to Johns Hopkins to do a doctorate, I actually was involved in renting a house in the Baltimore area through a running friend which worked out quite well. No swimming there though. My closest would be the 1997 marathon (the one Gore ran, Ophrah ran the 94 version) where it poured rain from the start to the finish. Take care, billy fanstone (feeling wee bit nostalgic here)

aquaFeisty
February 9th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I'd like to meet you too, Fortress!

Too bad you weren't on the forums last spring... we were both in Coral Springs (and COULD have swam the 50 breast together!) :p Doubt we'll make it to Federal Way this year, but we are seriously thinking about Oregon next summer.

The Fortress
February 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'd like to meet you too, Fortress!

Too bad you weren't on the forums last spring... we were both in Coral Springs (and COULD have swam the 50 breast together!) :p Doubt we'll make it to Federal Way this year, but we are seriously thinking about Oregon next summer.

Now, Carrie, you know I signed up for the 50 breast in Coral Springs and scratched it to save myself for really important stuff like fly and back and that 100 IM we both adore! :rofl: I think I may go to Federal Way. If my husband was a swim coach like yours, I'm sure I'd get to go. I just have to negotiate because I've got 3 kids to manage. But since I can't go to LC zones or LC Nats this summer, I'm working on it.

I have to share a recent hilarious breaststroke moment with you. A lurker on the forum (great swimmer I might add) ;) recently PM'd be to say she had swum in a meet with me in my hometown in 1975 when I was 13. I apparently won the 200 breaststroke at that meet. :rofl: I had completely wiped it from my memory banks ... She even used to swim on my masters team, but has since moved to another state. I'd love to meet her too some day.

Billy:

You do sound nostalgic. Just remember, I've been to Brazil too and loved it (although I did get a case of food poisoning somewhere). So I'll be nostalgic with you.

I buy my Mizunos at Metro Run & Walk in Falls Church.

poolraat
February 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'm hoping to meet some of the posters at Federal Way this May.
How many of you have started to make plans?

aquaFeisty
February 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I have to share a recent hilarious breaststroke moment with you. A lurker on the forum (great swimmer I might add) ;) recently PM'd be to say she had swum in a meet with me in my hometown in 1975 when I was 13. I apparently won the 200 breaststroke at that meet. :rofl: I had completely wiped it from my memory banks ... She even used to swim on my masters team, but has since moved to another state. I'd love to meet her too some day.

See you are a breaststroker... you've just repressed it!! :wiggle:

SWIMEMU
February 9th, 2007, 11:54 AM
My name is Doug and I'm a new poster here, as you can see. I've been reading some of these threads for the last couple of weeks and I'm impressed - I'd like to meet several of you in person.

I've been out of competition for about two years and reading your comments has encouraged me to get back into the pool. I've done four workouts this week - starting all over again. I'm a distance freestyler and backstroker - no idea when I'll be ready to compete again. I've put on a lot of weight and have a lot of work to do - but getting started is the hardest part. Right?

So thanks for the motivation and good luck to you all!

newmastersswimmer
February 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
My name is Doug and I'm a new poster here, as you can see. I've been reading some of these threads for the last couple of weeks and I'm impressed - I'd like to meet several of you in person.

I've been out of competition for about two years and reading your comments has encouraged me to get back into the pool. I've done four workouts this week - starting all over again. I'm a distance freestyler and backstroker - no idea when I'll be ready to compete again. I've put on a lot of weight and have a lot of work to do - but getting started is the hardest part. Right?

So thanks for the motivation and good luck to you all!

posted by SWIMEMU

Nice to meet you Doug and welcome to our forum. I'm glad you have enjoyed reading the various banter around here. I hope some of it hasn't been too risque for your taste (as some posters have recently alleged)? I also wish you the very best of luck as you embark on this new Masters swimming journey!!

Newmastersswimmer

The Fortress
February 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
See you are a breaststroker... you've just repressed it!! :wiggle:

No! I haven't seen the alleged "hardcore" evidence of this yet. So I'm sticking with my story.

Meanwhile, I have got to meet Jim Thornton! He is giving Mr. Cruise a real run in the purple prose and amusing writing category and is no doubt due for a threadies nomination soon. Plus, he prefers lilacs to roses and lives in Eden.

SWIMEMU
February 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks Jim. Not too risque for me. I am entertained talking about technical swimming stuff but also don't see why people that share an interest in swimming can't discuss non-swimming stuff if they'd like. That's the beauty of these things - if someone doesn't like where the discussion is heading, they can move along.

Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

born2fly
February 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Doug- we already met years and years ago we swam at the Kettering Y together under Toby. I remember seeing your name at Nats when they were in Tempe but never could track ya down.

Welcome to the Forum.

greg

SWIMEMU
February 11th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Hey Doug- we already met years and years ago we swam at the Kettering Y together under Toby. I remember seeing your name at Nats when they were in Tempe but never could track ya down.

Welcome to the Forum.

greg

Thanks Greg - I saw in another thread that you are in Dayton and wondered if we'd ever crossed paths. I actually swam for the Dayton Raiders out at Wright State but knew Toby very well. You and I may have swam high school together but I only did that for one year so I have a hard time remembering that.

It sounds like you have a good masters group there in Dayton - after I get fit I'd love to come back there for a meet sometime (hopefully before 2010!).

Thanks again for the welcome!

Caped Crusader
February 12th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'd like to meet Feistress. ;) In fact, I'd like to meet Feistess, Beth, and FlyQueen all at once. I wonder if I could get a word in edgewise with those loud flyers?

I'd also like to meet Jim Thornton because he clearly has a wicked sense of humor.

When are we going to meet Rich? ;) :drink:

SwimStud
February 12th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'd like to meet Feistress. ;) In fact, I'd like to meet Feistess, Beth, and FlyQueen all at once. I wonder if I could get a word in edgewise with those loud flyers?

I'd also like to meet Jim Thornton because he clearly has a wicked sense of humor.

When are we going to meet Rich? ;) :drink:

If you're meeting with those 3 at once...I think that might be a good time to meet. You'll need back-up I am sure.
:joker:

jsmwbnc
February 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
i'd like to meet she-man :)

The Fortress
April 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'd like to meet those wild women, Karen Duggan and Kari. Wowsa! Party on ladies. :banana: :drink:

Looking forward to meeting others at the zones dinner. Not sure we will be carousing as much as Karen though. :cool:

islandsox
April 13th, 2007, 07:49 PM
My list of posters I want to meet is growing now that I have been here awhile. I want to add a couple of people, but of course I want to meet almost (ALMOST) everyone here now.

I want to meet Julie, Diana C, Finding My Innerfish, Karen Duggan, Kari, the list goes on. And Dave Barra...that photo of him in Swimmer for March/April got my attention even if he did spend money for airbrushing :rofl:. The problem with my meeting Dave is I am old enough to be his Great Aunt!!!

Can you all imagine how much fun it would be to all meet someday and have a reunion?

Caped Crusader
April 13th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I wanna meet all the "broads."

I know Fortress is a broad, but I'm a little scared of her avatar. Is he a gangsta? He's got big guns.

Caped Crusader
April 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
And Dave Barra...that photo of him in Swimmer for March/April got my attention even if he did spend money for airbrushing :rofl:.

I think Dave is a fly stud whose avatar looks like a gangsta. I guess he had to pay lots of moola, moola for the airbrushing.

FindingMyInnerFish
April 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
My list of posters I want to meet is growing now that I have been here awhile. I want to add a couple of people, but of course I want to meet almost (ALMOST) everyone here now.

I want to meet Julie, Diana C, Finding My Innerfish, Karen Duggan, Kari, the list goes on. And Dave Barra...that photo of him in Swimmer for March/April got my attention even if he did spend money for airbrushing :rofl:. The problem with my meeting Dave is I am old enough to be his Great Aunt!!!

Can you all imagine how much fun it would be to all meet someday and have a reunion?

I want to meet you too! How cool would that be! Also like the reunion idea b/c I dare not begin a list of all the people here I want to meet. But meeting y'all over a brew or so couldn't hurt at all! :drink:

Karen Duggan
April 13th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I realized a long time ago that most on this forum are a lot of fun. I'm just now thinking that since this is a USMS sponsored site, that perhaps USMS would like to sponsor an event so all of the "posters" could meet together in a formal gathering? (Now come on, we all know it would be formal for about 2 seconds!) Whadd'ya say Mr. Matysek? Air fare, lodging, etc? Hmmmmm? :smooch:

(I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't afford to go where she wants when she wants) ;)

Anybody saving change for Perth?

Seagurl51
April 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Where is Perth?

Swimmy
April 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
It is so much fun meeting people from the forum. DianaC and I met here.Now we are great friends and I swim on her team. Leonard is a lot of fun too, even though he tells me scary jellyfish stories. I would love to meet geochuck or islandsox. Oh, and I can't forget all my poetry pals too! Looking forward to the Zones meet tomorrow, so I cheer for all of my new cyber friends.
Happy laps!
Swimmy:)

Karen Duggan
April 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Perth, Australia. World Champs. next year.

I'd love to go because I have family there I've never met. (My grandma was born and raised there). However, I'd need at least two weeks for such a trip, and I don't know... I can take the days from work, it will just cost about $100/day for a sub! Kinda pricey. And taking the kids half-way around the world on a 20-hour flight?!? YIKES. Maybe we could talk Grandma and Grandpa Duggan into babysitting?- hmm (insert smiley with a light bulb!)

The Fortress
April 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM

I'd love to go because I have family there I've never met. (My grandma was born and raised there). However, I'd need at least two weeks for such a trip, and I don't know... I can take the days from work, it will just cost about $100/day for a sub! Kinda pricey. And taking the kids half-way around the world on a 20-hour flight?!? YIKES. Maybe we could talk Grandma and Grandpa Duggan into babysitting?- hmm (insert smiley with a light bulb!)

Aren't they in April instead of August though? April is a busy month for me and the brood.

Caped:

That's just my kid's swim coach. :thhbbb: If you're scared of that, you should have seen the vampire I put up for my twin sis Draculina yesterday. She's a broad too.

Karen Duggan
April 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I think they're in March or April, that's why I'd need a sub. I wish they were in August- no school!

Anybody thinking of going?

3strokes
April 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM
As some of you know, I'm relatively new to these Forums (fora) and I'm trying to keep up with a lot of ongoing threads (and read past threads to get a better picture of who's who -really-).

From what I've managed to read so far there isn't one single (as in 1) (or married; sorry couldn't resist...) poster that I would NOT like to meet.

However work obligations prevent me from even attending Canadian Provincials or Nationals, much less Worlds. (Maybe if I win the next, or the next or the next Lottery Jackpot; but with my luck: When my ship comes in, I'll be at the Airport, waiting).

I guess my second best bet to meet any of you, is if you decide to visit Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) for the Winterlude Festival, held every year in February and participate in the "Nepean Masters Swim Club"'s LCM one-day event. I don't know if non-Canadian Masters are eligible to participate (but if there's any interest.........I could ask).

Addendum:
I just checked and yes you can participate.
Swimmers registered with any Fina-recognized National Masters Organization are eligible to swim in Masters swim meets sanctioned in Canada.

They also have a very interesting (obscure) rule that says:
CMSW 5.02. The Swimmers
c) All members of a relay team shall be registered with the same club. Relay team that contains one or more unattached swimmers or swimmers registered with different clubs may compete, at the discretion of the meet management, and shall be designated as an exhibition relay team. (They cannot establish or hold records.)

Regarding this rule, which was not known to the organizing committee, they are very interested in allowing such exhibition relay teams for upcoming events (they should prove fun) and therein lies the possibility of non-Canadian or Unattached swimmers to also swim on "exhibition relays).

And yes....... Tourists do come to Ottawa, the second coldest Capital in the World, in February for the Winterlude Festival (Ice Sculpture, Ice Skating on the Rideau Canal, the longest rink in the World and I guess a host of other "Brrrrrrrrrr''''''''''eeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn gggggggg!!!!!" :coffee: activities.
And the beer is Canadian beer.:drink:

If any of you ever visit at any other time, I can't guarantee to get you into any Master's training sessions since I swim as an Independent, but I'm pretty sure we can find a Masters' club/team who would welcome visitors. If not, I swim at several City pools where adult lane swim sessions are scheduled.

So ........ ?Quién sabe? Qui sait? Chi lo sa? Who knows? Quem sabe?

Hope to see/meet some of you soon or, if not, some time in the future.

Karen Duggan
April 13th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I for one would be interested in being an exhibitionist :p

indyswimbag
April 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM
OF course all of you but Muppet and Fortress have been kind in encouraging more posts from this "newbie-once was a lurker" poster;)

3strokes
April 26th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Karen Duggan;87580
...snip... since this is a USMS sponsored site,
[/QUOTE}

Wouldn't that make us "professionals"?

[QUOTE]
that perhaps USMS would like to sponsor an event so all of the "posters" could meet together in a formal gathering? (Now come on, we all know it would be formal for about 2 seconds!) Whadd'ya say Mr. Matysek? Air fare, lodging, etc? Hmmmmm? :smooch:

(I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't afford to go where she wants when she wants) ;)

"posters"............ Even the Canadians? Come on there are not too many of us.

I couldn't even afford to take time to make it to Perth, Ontario, Canada (60 minutes away from Ottawa..........not swimming)

http://www.beautifulperth.com/map7.jpg

geochuck
April 26th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I am the lucky one I have met one of my favorite posters. He is not pretty but to me he is a rough and tumble sort. I personally call him Peter the great because he is a great guy - Peter Cruise.

Kari
May 3rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'd like to meet those wild women, Karen Duggan and Kari. Wowsa! Party on ladies. :banana: :drink:

Looking forward to meeting others at the zones dinner. Not sure we will be carousing as much as Karen though. :cool:

Hey Draculina!! I can speak for Karen in that we'd like to meet you too!! Where do you live? We're in CA.

:banana: :wave:

Kari
May 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM

Hi Donna.....I'd like to meet you too. We should have an all girl slumber party!! Sorry fellas.... :drink:

Kari
May 3rd, 2007, 07:04 PM

I have family there too!!!!! In Brisbane!!!! They breed horses. Isn't that hilarious???? :banana:

swimr4life
May 3rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Wow...so many that I want to meet! My twin- Fortress is definitely at the top of the list! SwimStud - what a flirt and a great sense of humor! Fly Queen - one of my FAF and butterfly sistas. Seagurl - what a sweetie! We both like senseless comedies! Newmasterswimmer - even though you are a Tenn. fan!:rolleyes: You may change my mind about Tenn. fans after all. You are the nicest, kindest one I've ever "met"! Poolrat- another sweetie! You were so sweet to me when I was so worried about my daughter! Thank-you! Ensignada- I love your sense of humor and quick witted responses! You are also very sweet. Islandsox- You are my Olympic hero! :applaud: I love hearing your funny stories about open water swimming around your island. You are a fun loving, energetic, adventurous woman!...my role model! Slowswim - You seem like such a good Daddy and an all-around good guy!! Kneelson - I usually agree with everything you say....and when I don't...sometimes reading your opinions change mine! Geochuck - your wealth of swimming knowledge and the obvious love of our sport make me a big fan! You are very wise! Ande- you inspire us all! You also help us all with your huge wealth of swimming knowledge! Aquageek- because I think you are really a big teddy bear! ;) You seem very intelligent and often have a lot of insight on issues. You definitely speak your mind- even if you know it will be unpopular. I like that...when I agree with you anyways!:rofl:

swimminggirl
May 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
I would love to meet all of yall! I have a myspace its http://www.myspace.com/hendrixgirl21 my picture is up there with me and my favorite band. Its not to recent it was the first week of april. I've changed alot since then, I've dropped alot of weight and look better.
Sincerely, Swimminggirl p.s. I've dropped so much weight I'm back in size 6 jeans and such!

SwimStud
May 4th, 2007, 07:48 AM
SwimStud - what a flirt and a great sense of humor!

Who's a flirt?

islandsox
May 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I want to meet Pegasus, he sounds like a dream. And Clownfish because I swim with them.

BongBoy
May 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM
oops. hehehhe I almost messed up and posted as my alias again

Wow...so many that I want to meet! My twin- Fortress is definitely at the top of the list! SwimStud - what a flirt and a great sense of humor! Fly Queen - one of my FAF and butterfly sistas. Seagurl - what a sweetie! We both like senseless comedies! Newmasterswimmer - even though you are a Tenn. fan!:rolleyes: You may change my mind about Tenn. fans after all. You are the nicest, kindest one I've ever "met"! Poolrat- another sweetie! You were so sweet to me when I was so worried about my daughter! Thank-you! Ensignada- I love your sense of humor and quick witted responses! You are also very sweet. Islandsox- You are my Olympic hero! :applaud: I love hearing your funny stories about open water swimming around your island. You are a fun loving, energetic, adventurous woman!...my role model! Slowswim - You seem like such a good Daddy and an all-around good guy!! Kneelson - I usually agree with everything you say....and when I don't...sometimes reading your opinions change mine! Geochuck - your wealth of swimming knowledge and the obvious love of our sport make me a big fan! You are very wise! Ande- you inspire us all! You also help us all with your huge wealth of swimming knowledge! Aquageek- because I think you are really a big teddy bear! ;) You seem very intelligent and often have a lot of insight on issues. You definitely speak your mind- even if you know it will be unpopular. I like that...when I agree with you anyways!:rofl:

newmastersswimmer
May 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the kind words Beth!! I also think you are one of the nicest posters I've met too! I have also really enjoyed getting to know you and the others in our little FB club over there! You have a beautiful family Beth! I am so glad I got to meet you! It would really be great too if we could all meet for real sometime down the road....Like at SCY Nats in 2008 perhaps!

In addition to wanting to meet Beth, I would also love to meet Fort, Rich, Poolraat, Barb (AKA Ensignada), Heather, Kyra, Kristina (AKA S(he) Man), Morgan, Donna (AKA Islandox), Carrie (AKA Aquafiesty), Mollie (AKA SwimAvsFan), Billy Fanstone, Ahmed (AKA 3strokes), Peter Cruise, Dave Barra, Dana (AKA Imspoiled), Kathy (AKA Swim4me), Tracy Burkholder (AKA tjburk), Jeff (AKA Muppet), The Smiths, Sam Perry, Jeff Commings.....and many others here too (the list could get very long as you can see LOL!). I've already met Ande and certainly would love to meet him again of course! So basically I want to meet just about all of you (and especially the members of our FB club)....and hopefully I will get the chance before my tenure as a masters swimmer is up!

Bork

The Fortress
May 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Draculina!! I can speak for Karen in that we'd like to meet you too!! Where do you live? We're in CA.

:banana: :wave:

Hey Kari! :wave:

I live outside Washington DC in Northern Virginia. But I worked many years at an SF-based law firm. So we're neighbors in a way. LOL. You and Karen are quite the pair!

So we have aliases wanting to meet posters and posters wanting to meet aliases?!

3strokes
May 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Like at SCY Nats in 2008 perhaps!

In addition to wanting to meet Beth, I would also love to meet Fort, Rich, Poolraat, Barb (AKA Ensignada), Heather, Kyra, Kristina (AKA S(he) Man), Morgan, Donna (AKA Islandox), Carrie (AKA Aquafiesty), Mollie (AKA SwimAvsFan), Billy Fanstone, Ahmed (AKA 3strokes), Peter Cruise, Dave Barra, Dana (AKA Imspoiled), Kathy (AKA Swim4me), Tracy Burkholder (AKA tjburk), Jeff (AKA Muppet), The Smiths (2 of them? or ...?), Sam Perry, Jeff Commings.....and many others here too (the list could get very long as you can see LOL!). I've already met Ande and certainly would love to meet him again of course! So basically I want to meet just about all of you (and especially the members of our FB club)....and hopefully I will get the chance before my tenure as a masters swimmer is up!

Bork

Therefore, by process of elimination, (since we have 4896 members as of a few seconds ago, 16:12 Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 06 May 2007), there are 4896 minus ( 24 named + many others here too) = those you would NOT like to meet. You'll have to be a bit more precise.

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Therefore, by process of elimination, (since we have 4896 members as of a few seconds ago, 16:12 Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 06 May 2007), there are 4896 minus ( 24 named + many others here too) = those you would NO like to meet. You'll have to be a bit more precise.

Well all you need to know is that I listed you as one of the ones I most definitely want to meet! So when are you coming down to Tennessee now Ahmed? LOL!!

Bork

Karen Duggan
May 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ya know Bork, if I had feelings, they'd be hurt.

Let me just say, for the record, that you are one of the ones I really wanted to meet in Austin, but if you don't want to meet me... sniff.... it's OK. I'll just be over here... in the moat... don't you worry...it's OK... I'll be all right........

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :bouncing: (tantrum smiley!)

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I did say many others Karen....and you are MOST DEFINITELY one of those may others b/c you are one of the special K's!! It was hard to remember everyone that I wanted to meet so please forgive me for not listing you directly!

Bork

Ya know Bork, if I had feelings, they'd be hurt.

Let me just say, for the record, that you are one of the ones I really wanted to meet in Austin, but if you don't want to meet me... sniff.... it's OK. I'll just be over here... in the moat... don't you worry...it's OK... I'll be all right........

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :bouncing: (tantrum smiley!)

Karen Duggan
May 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I guess being a "many others" will have to do then.

:smooch:

Slowswim
May 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
As a fellow "many other", I'd like to meet you.
:joker:

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I guess being a "many others" will have to do then.

:smooch:

You need to join our FB group Karen! I listed them all first because I feel like I have gotten to know them a little better from sharing family pictures over there and what not. BTW You have some really cute kids Karen!!...I love your bathtub pic avatar! too cute! We are going to have a real blast in Austin even though your husband will probably smoke me out of the water in the 200 fly (if he swims it?). Luckily I don't swim the 400 IM or the 200 back so I will be able to aviod getting smoked by him in at least two of his events LOL!

And of course Bill (AKA SlowSwim), I would love to meet you too! Is there any chance you might come to Austin for the SCY champs in 2008? It sounds like a lot of the posters here are going to be there and Austin is a great town for having fun!!

Bork

Slowswim
May 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Bork:

I would love to be there. I've been to Austin and had a great time!!! It would be fun to meet you, too.

As my screen name illustrates, its not likely I'll get there, but you never know. I hope ti make Nationals someday!

Peter Cruise
May 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Bill, remember you can swim 3 events without making NQT's, leaving lotsa time for excessive socializing...

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Well all you need to know is that I listed you as one of the ones I most definitely want to meet! So when are you coming down to Tennessee now Ahmed? LOL!!

I was aware that I was on the list. I knew from other names that it wasn't a hit-list or a black one, either.

Now, having read further posts, I'm feeling really guilty at having given rise to Karen's tears when I, misguidedly, pointed out your seeming selectivity and unwarranted omission (when it was just a lack of Personal RAM).

My apologies ..........:violin:

Tennessee? I was thinking of getting my shots for Andromeda!

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Like Peter said, you don't have to necessarily be all that fast (or have the qualifying times) to be able to compete in a few events. You can also swim on some relays perhaps if your team likes to enter relays for these meets. The thing that is really fun about Nationals is that it is the one meet where everyone from around the country (and even outside the country in many cases) can meet to have some fun competition and most importantly get to know one another IRL and have some general fun socializing with everyone! Hopefully Austin is not too much of a trek for you....and you have all next season to try and see how fast you can get in some of your favorite events. I really think you should consider it though because you will get the chance to meet a whole lot of people here....and like you said Austin is a great town for having fun!!

Oh yaeh, and Ahmed....No need to apologize for my mistakes! I'm the one who spaced out and forgot to mention Karren. There's just so many cool posters here that I knew I was leaving some out....thats why I added the many others clause. Its hard to imagine how I could have spaced someone like Karen though b/c she is such a total riot! Oh well...I'm old and my brain doesn't work as well as it use too I guess LOL!

Bork

Bork:

I would love to be there. I've been to Austin and had a great time!!! It would be fun to meet you, too.

As my screen name illustrates, its not likely I'll get there, but you never know. I hope ti make Nationals someday!

Slowswim
May 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Bill, remember you can swim 3 events without making NQT's, leaving lotsa time for excessive socializing...

Peter: NQT=National Qualifying Time? If so, I may be one step closer.
:groovy:

Peter Cruise
May 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Exactly, Bill. You can start picking 3 events now, must work hard on socializing, we've got some real pros here, esp. from Potomac area...

The Fortress
September 26th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Exactly, Bill. You can start picking 3 events now, must work hard on socializing, we've got some real pros here, esp. from Potomac area...

I think you mean the colonies zones area. :woot: Although we're happy to meet others as well.

SwimStud
September 26th, 2007, 09:30 AM

I'm working on the flirtation medley...I just have trouble with the two handed touch thing though...
;):lmao:

imspoiled
September 26th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'm working on the flirtation medley...I just have trouble with the two handed touch thing though...
;):lmao:

That's because they're always both full. To be successful at the medley, you need good transitions. :thhbbb:

pwolf66
September 30th, 2007, 12:32 AM
That's because they're always both full. To be successful at the medley, you need good transitions. :thhbbb:

Always keep the emptier beer in the less dominant hand, helps balance the load.

Paul