PDA

View Full Version : What's on your mp3?

jadams
December 14th, 2006, 04:04 PM
What's on your SwimP3 or other waterproof player? Just curious! I want to get one soon, I think, and wondered what people had to say about their players: are you using them, and what are you cruising to? I think I'll play some Beck, some Tom Petty, some Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Sheryl Crow,...
Do you try to find songs that suit your stroke rhythm? Recommendations?

Warren
December 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I dont have one but if I did i'd put some young jeezy on there.

islandsox
December 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Julie,

I don't have one but I think I need one. I have a hard time trying to quiet down my brain on very long swims.

I'd want to listen to something upbeat to keep me motivated. Ravel's Bolero may seem a little out there, but if you have heard the long-version, you'd get my meaning.

I certainly don't need music that may put me to sleep!!!

Any good websites to get these from?

Donna

scyfreestyler
December 14th, 2006, 08:02 PM
No SwiMP3 player for me. I think there are kits that would allow me to take my iPod but nah, I like to hear the splash on my turns, the water rushing on my pushoff, etc.. If I happen to be swimming when the synchro swim people are there I get an underwater concert free of charge!

okoban
December 16th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Personelly I like plain workout without music, but I recommend some nice and smooth music like:
Pat Metheny (any album other than 'zero tolerance to silence'),
for classical music lovers, Bach and Haendel for a smooth and easy workout that you focus on technique.
If you need extra motivation (sprint sets), try Iron Maiden and Metallica.

funkyfish
December 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Greetings one and all. I'm new to this so this is my first post. Whoohoo!:banana:

I don't have one now (but xmas is round the corner), and have thought about getting one. Any feedback from those who use one? How do you like it? Any interference with swimming?

For myself, I'd be playing old school metal like metallica, judas priest, overkill, pantera, sepultura, ministry. For warmdowns, maybe some ultralounge, siouxsie and the banshees, or patsy cline. On another note, the other day they were playing some texas swing (or is it western swing?). It was pretty surreal watching the water walkers doing their thing and hearing Bob Wills overhead. Thanks.

CreamPuff
December 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
My husband says I'm a mess muscially and I listen to :dedhorse:

I've got anything from
Pet Shop Boys
Cindy Lauper (She Bop)
Poison
Bon Jovi
Maroon 5
Lita Ford
Pat Benetar
Blondie
Slaughter (I know!)
Some kind of 90s techno dance mixes
Dumb and Dumber Soundtrack
Mandy Moore - Candy and the techno remixes
Aqua - Barbie Girl and all the rest
80s to present - Madonna
Hillary Duff - I know again!
Kelly Clarkson

I think I'm stuck in the 80s and 90s for some reason - with a few exceptions.
Husband calls it the annoying teeney bopper stuff.
:banana: