PDA

View Full Version : GeezerJocks of the Year!

Paul Smith
December 14th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yes.....there is such a thing and we should all applaud our studs who got recognized as athletes of the year!

W40-49: Susan Von Der Lippe, Swimming, Loveland, Colo.

M60-69: Richard Abrahams, Swimming, Denver

W80+: Margery Meyer, Swimming, Carmel, Calif.

Check it out at: www.geezerJock.com

Peter Cruise
December 15th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Well Paul, as far as I am concerned, you deserve such an award, especially considering the way you came back from your surgery. I will award you the Elongated Geezer Swimmer Award of the year. Well done!

Muppet
December 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM
How about Dara Torres - geezer may be a stretch, but as far as FINA international world-class olympic kinda thing, she qualifies... and just kicked some major butt recently.

Paul Smith
December 15th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Peter.....thanks for the kind words....but lets face it.....Susan, Margy & Rich are all in a completely differant class! Did you happen to see the other athletes on that site....talk about redefining age! :bow:

Peter Cruise
December 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Paul, if you were to suspend your real life for one year (which I know isn't going to happen), taken in hand totally re diet, stretching, weights and concentrating totally on 50m LC free (and yes, I know you already work on those things) to the exclusion of all else, I think you would surprise the world of swimming (who already know you as a world record holding master).

Brian Stack
December 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Paul, if you were to suspend your real life for one year (which I know isn't going to happen), taken in hand totally re diet, stretching, weights and concentrating totally on 50m LC free (and yes, I know you already work on those things) to the exclusion of all else, I think you would surprise the world of swimming (who already know you as a world record holding master).

I'm with you Peter, the guy taught his dog to ride a bike and drive. Beat that!
Just got to get him focused.

Paul Smith
December 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Brian......you "used" to be my favorite coach!!

Keep Clemmons and Mandy in line will ya!!

Brian Stack
December 16th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Brian......you "used" to be my favorite coach!!

Keep Clemmons and Mandy in line will ya!!

Damn, if I'd only known that before I hit post!
Oh, they're in line, and saving you a place. Hey next time you're in town, bring the dog. :agree: