PDA

View Full Version : An Apology to Make

Tree
December 15th, 2006, 01:09 AM
As some of members know, my original username was TREE. But now it is changed into LI. This User Name change actually first started in one of my post to the annual "threadies" in which I asked for a User Name change. My original intention then was to make a joke rather than really want a User Name change. But apparently I am such a bad joke maker that the Moderator did change my User Name.

To be honest, I was really happy about it at that moment since LI was my first choice when I registered(I was denied because it was already taken). But after a second thought, I became really concerned about it because:
1, the original LI cannot log in anymore, which I think is unfair to him/her since he/she registered before me. That means it is his/her right to log in with LI, not mine.
2, I have adversely influenced the neutral position of the Moderator on its members' private information.
3, What if other members want to change its name into one that might have been taken by someone else? This will really cause a chaos in this forum.

I therefore apologize to original LI and Mr. Moderator for my inappropriate joke and inconvenience caused by it. Sorry.

Tree

dorothyrde
December 15th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I don't think you can. I originally wanted just dorothy, but it was taken, so I had to start adding letters. So don't feel bad, there cannot be another Li.

LindsayNB
December 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Perhaps the original Li was "expired". I seem to recall that when I registered the name "Lindsay" was already in use, hence LindsayNB, but there is now a Lindsay that only registered this fall. I am pretty sure they would not "take away" a userid from an active member to give you, so I think your conscience should be clear.

scyfreestyler
December 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Don't sweat it...I doubt any of our moderators would cancel an active account based upon another members request.