PDA

View Full Version : Kristina, You gave me your sinus infection!!

The Fortress
December 16th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I'm sure you gave me your sinus infection. How fair is that? You don't even live near me. You live near my twin Beth. I get weekly allergy shots. And yet, I'm sick and can't breathe. Or maybe it's Cruise, importing his bronchitis from Canada? It's almost Christmas and I don't wanna be sick. Despite how blazing fast you are, Kristina, I may have to nominate you for long distance Grinch or ask to be well for the holidays. Are you better?

SwimStud
December 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm sure you gave me your sinus infection. How fair is that? You don't even live near me. You live near my twin Beth. I get weekly allergy shots. And yet, I'm sick and can't breathe. Or maybe it's Cruise, importing his bronchitis from Canada? It's almost Christmas and I don't wanna be sick. Despite how blazing fast you are, Kristina, I may have to nominate you for long distance Grinch or ask to be well for the holidays. Are you better?

Poor Fortress...the best thing for that is a "Mr Fortress footrub" (it's a common cure-all), at glass of port, and an early night...:agree:

poolraat
December 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Maybe she is sharing it with all of us. I've got a bit of congestion and a runny nose today, too.

CreamPuff
December 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Gosh - my family DOES call me the Grinch, Scrooge, you name it - but for monetary reasons!! Now I need to add viruses/ general illness to my pack of goodies!

Yes, I'm better but I had pressure in my nasal cavity for about a month and the actual sick symptoms for about 1.5 to 2 weeks. It was AWFUL! I feel your pain.
I had a slight fever (did not swim then), was very lethargic (slept for DAYS), had a headache, drainage, and terrible sinus pressure. There was a bit of stuffy and runny nose too. I took advil every 4 to 6 hours and then I did get some antibiotics which cleared it up faster. So, it could be bacterial.

In speaking with a bunch of swimmers at the St. Nicks meet I was very surprised to learn that they too had some type of sinus infection as well. Of course, everyone seemed to be swimming anyway.

I recommend Advil, Antibiotics if you can get 'em, and LOTS of REST.
Like that's possible during the holidays! :frustrated: :frustrated:
Drink lots of fluids too.

Fortress, I had allergy shots for 8 years (once a week) as I was allergic to dust and dust mites. What are you allergic too? Unfortuantely, those shots don't immunize you against this stuff!! But, my allergist Dr. Gottlieb was great and I've been cured since I was 18.

I'm sorry for your pain! There is something bad going around.
It feels like :dedhorse: :dedhorse: :dedhorse:

CreamPuff
December 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Poor Fortress...the best thing for that is a "Mr Fortress footrub" (it's a common cure-all), at glass of port, and an early night...:agree:

Very hot!!!
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

CreamPuff
December 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Very hot!!!

Oh - I'm referring to the new avatar for Richjb, although I'm sure that Mr. Fortress gives very :coffee: footrubs.

The Fortress
December 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Mr. Fortress gives very :coffee: footrubs.

Indeed, Mr. Fortress is no slouch.

I am allergic to everything, Kristina. I had so many sinus infections last year, my doctor told me to get tested. So I did. I'm allergic to cats, dogs, ragweed, pollen, dirt, dust, dust mites, mold and everything that grows in the spring and fall. Boo. I've been better this fall. I'm hoping I just have a bad cold. But if doesn't clear soon, I'm off to get antibiotics. I don't want to be a total grinch at xmas. But I know from experience that sometimes you gotta take a couple courses of that stuff. Ugh.

SwimStud
December 16th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Very hot!!!

It was indeed, 104 degrees hot infact...d'ya think I can race I that hat?

The Fortress
December 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
d'ya think I can race I that hat?

I'd give it a go.

I think my sinus infection would feel much better if I was sitting in that hottub instead of you, Speedo Santa. Are you going to lounge there all day or go get some xmas shoppping done? I now have laryngitis. Do you know how difficult that is for me?! :coffee:

SwimStud
December 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I'd give it a go.

I think my sinus infection would feel much better if I was sitting in that hottub instead of you, Speedo Santa. Are you going to lounge there all day or go get some xmas shoppping done? I now have laryngitis. Do you know how difficult that is for me?! :coffee:

Oooh that means you can't shout down Lil Lil or Rude Hormonal, right? Either that or you've been shouting too much already.

I'm going shopping tomorrow instead of swimming. That way I will be forced to rest my injury, I hope that will let me recover enough to swim easy.

That hot tub is great for clearing stuffy heads adn easing body aches and pains associated with colds. As long as you get back inside quickly and dry off.

The Fortress
December 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Oooh that means you can't shout down Lil Lil or Rude Hormonal, right? Either that or you've been shouting too much already.

I'm going shopping tomorrow instead of swimming. That way I will be forced to rest my injury, I hope that will let me recover enough to swim easy.

That hot tub is great for clearing stuffy heads adn easing body aches and pains associated with colds. As long as you get back inside quickly and dry off.

Rude Hormonal Fortress has been swimming night and day the last 2 weekends, so I barely see her. Now, I have done some cheering. Her meet is at my pool, so I may go sit in the hottub there before finals tonight. I'm glad you're resting that groin injury. No breaststoke! Maybe you can get that cute Santa picture framed for the Mrs. Rich?

poolraat
December 17th, 2006, 12:10 PM
...d'ya think I can race I that hat?

You'll need a chin strap.