PDA

View Full Version : How much do you eat?

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Okay, I'm actually not kidding with this one. Latley, I have been starving ALL the time. My muscles have been really tired in workout, too. I'm certainly not overtraining - I make it 5 days/week usually, sometimes a 6th on my own, and lately it's been 4 or 5. And we aren't cranking out the yards like crazy either.

I think either something is missing from my diet or I'm just not eating enough ... my guess is it's the former. Any thoughts? I eat a fair amount of protein. I constantly amaze people with just how much I do eat so I don't think it's that ...

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Okay, I'm actually not kidding with this one. Latley, I have been starving ALL the time. My muscles have been really tired in workout, too. I'm certainly not overtraining - I make it 5 days/week usually, sometimes a 6th on my own, and lately it's been 4 or 5. And we aren't cranking out the yards like crazy either.

I think either something is missing from my diet or I'm just not eating enough ... my guess is it's the former. Any thoughts? I eat a fair amount of protein. I constantly amaze people with just how much I do eat so I don't think it's that ...

This is so funny that it's actually delaying my shopping expedition.

You still sound like you're working out pretty frequently even though you're not doing a lot of swimming yardage. You gotta tell us what you're eating, so we can opine on what you might be missing.

I'm always starving and I eat all the time too. None of that fat free stuff either. My husband is very jealous. I do try to eat healthy.

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 11:01 AM

Add a few more carbs...just my thought...especially if you lack zip in training. It could be that those muslces are using up the protein to grow and then over burning carbs.
I am sure I'll get corrected on this, but I would make yourself a 1 slice peanut butter sandwich 45 minutes before you swim. You might belch a few times in your swim but you shouldn't barf. I am a firm believer in peanut power. The alternative to PB is Nutella.

I used to do this then go run 2-4 miles 3x a week, but I also used to play 2hrs of soccer every evening too...boy I was fit...all I can say is PB worked for me.
Caution: do not make peanut butter and jelly though; only heathens would mix something like that. PBJ surely is the devil's work...

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
This is so funny that it's actually delaying my shopping expedition.

You still sound like you're working out pretty frequently even though you're not doing a lot of swimming yardage. You gotta tell us what you're eating, so we can opine on what you might be missing.

I'm always starving and I eat all the time too. None of that fat free stuff either. My husband is very jealous. I do try to eat healthy.

I eat pretty healthy ... we do around 3,000 yards a practice, which apparently around here for most is a taper workout ... crazy!

Anyway ... I don't know what I eat ... LOTS of fruit and dairy (yogurt, cheese, milk) ... Last night I had meatloaf and a cheesy potato, then snickerdoodles ... hehe ... I'm having meatloaf and green beans for lunch, had half a power bar this morning on the train, because I thought I was going to keel over from the hunger pains, then had a cereal bar at work, am eating yogurt, thinking about oatmeal and drinking lots of water and apple juice ...

Any dieticians out there? I'm wondering how many grams of carbs and protein I should aim for a day. I'm fine on the fat content ... I just made Snickerdoodles last night, and they are fabulous so I'll be eating those.

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Add a few more carbs...just my thought...especially if you lack zip in training. It could be that those muslces are using up the protein to grow and then over burning carbs.
I am sure I'll get corrected on this, but I would make yourself a 1 slice peanut butter sandwich 45 minutes before you swim. You might belch a few times in your swim but you shouldn't barf. I am a firm believer in peanut power. The alternative to PB is Nutella.

I used to do this then go run 2-4 miles 3x a week, but I also used to play 2hrs of soccer every evening too...boy I was fit...all I can say is PB worked for me.
Caution: do not make peanut butter and jelly though; only heathens would mix something like that. PBJ surely is the devil's work...

From time to time I eat a fabulous PB&J before practice, but two hours out ... I CANNOT eat ANYTHING within two hours of practice. I'm a big fan of peanut butter ... I eat peanut butter toast frequently ... maybe I'll hit the peanut butter AND jellys again for a couple of weeks before practice and see what happens ...

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 11:12 AM
From time to time I eat a fabulous PB&J before practice, but two hours out ... I CANNOT eat ANYTHING within two hours of practice. I'm a big fan of peanut butter ... I eat peanut butter toast frequently ... maybe I'll hit the peanut butter AND jellys again for a couple of weeks before practice and see what happens ...

If you insist on eating PB AND Jelly I will hunt you down in the night and take you to the pool where I shall force you to swim breastroke until you get it right! :rofl:

Disclaimer: Rich is totally joking and is not likely to hunt anyone down at night or in the daytime. He merely views PB&J as an anathema, and is also lashing out at the constant attacks on, and swipes at his beloved, nay, sacred breaststroke. :)

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:15 AM
If you insist on eating PB AND Jelly I will hunt you down in the night and take you to the pool where I shall force you to swim breastroke until you get it right! :rofl:

Disclaimer: Rich is totally joking and is not likely to hunt anyone down at night or in the daytime. He merely views PB&J as an anathema, and is also lashing out at the constant attacks on, and swipes at his beloved, nay, sacred breaststroke. :)

That was fabulous ... you'll be hearing from my attorney ... oh, Fortress .... :rofl:

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 11:21 AM
That was fabulous ... you'll be hearing from my attorney ... oh, Fortress .... :rofl:

I'll get one too...and when I'm done you'll both be pounding out streamline, pull, kick, unitil you develop thigh muscles like Tom Platz... http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/bodybuilder/tomplatz3.jpg :thhbbb:

;) :) :rofl:

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM

I'm not a criminal lawyer; I can't help. Call that ex-cop Cruise if you're worried about PBJ-induced assaults. But maybe Rich is implicitly libeling you? He seems to be saying you don't have strong thigh muscles. Doesn't he know us ex-gymnasts have very strong legs?! I'm not a lawyer today. I'm a forum junkie and wannabe shopper and swimmer.

Seagurl51
December 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM
I'll get one too...and when I'm done you'll both be pounding out streamline, pull, kick, unitil you develop thigh muscles like Tom Platz... http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/bodybuilder/tomplatz3.jpg :thhbbb:

That's hot Rich. I dream of my thighs someday looking like that so that I can overpower the puiny girly water. ;)

As for eating, I'd say look at the new food pyramid. You'll probably have to up the amount of carbs and protein that you eat by maybe a serving or two, but since you'll burn it all off anyway, doesn't matter. Carbs definatley keep you full for a while, and I find that some veggies do to. Veggies and protein can tide me over for hours. If not, enjoy the benefits of a high metoabolism while you're young and eat everything that isnt' nailed down.:groovy:

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 11:28 AM

Those legs are puny ... you should see mine .... :thhbbb:

Larry_55
December 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Check out glycemic index info on the web against the type of carbs you are currently ingesting. Quick release sugars might be to blame for your fatigue. Carbs that release their sugars over a longer time frame may help with your fatigue issues as long as there is no other confounding variable in this equation ie;anemia, overtraining.

FindingMyInnerFish
December 21st, 2006, 01:18 PM

You mean if I praise PB&J, I get FREE breaststroke lessons from an expert??

Gotta love the stuff! :D

Disclaimer: Writer is not really that crazy about PB&J unless VERY, VERY hungry. Peanut butter by itself... jelly (only it must be raspberry) or better still orange marmalde will do fine, thankyouverymuch, on raisin toast. But if a person wants to get her breastsroke technique right, any sacrifice....

FindingMyInnerFish
December 21st, 2006, 01:21 PM
As for food and being hungry... swimming makes me a LOT more hungry than running ever did. I eat after a long run, race, or track workout b/c I've heard one should get something by way of recovery, but after swimming, I feel FAMISHED and HAVE to have something.

And I definitely don't make 3k yards 4-5x/wk. I do run about 4-5 days/wk and swim maybe 3-4 days/wk.

Gotta go now... lunch time!

SwimStud
December 21st, 2006, 01:26 PM
You mean if I praise PB&J, I get FREE breaststroke lessons from an expert??

Gotta love the stuff! :D

Expert at doing it my way..which may not be the best form :D lol

chlorini
December 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM
In addition to thinking about what you are eating, you might also need to look at when you are eating. You mentioned that you ate your half a PowerBar on the train when you were already famished. Would it be possible to eat earlier -- before you reach the point of being so hungry that it's hard to feel satisfied until you're stuffed? I swim in the mornings, and I know that if I eat a banana or something small in the car on my way to work, I will need less food than if I wait until I get to my desk and have already started feeling hunger set in. It might not work for you, but timing your eating so that you eat before your blood sugar drops and you feel desperate might help.

Good luck!

scyfreestyler
December 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
6 times a week at 3,000 yards might very well be too much for your body, regardless of the diet you choose. How intense are those yards? If a big chunk of that is tight intervals with some high intensity sprinting then you might very well be experiencing overtraining.

I don't know how old you are or if this fatigue has come on only recently but I would opine that this is not merely a dietary issue.

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 03:09 PM
In addition to thinking about what you are eating, you might also need to look at when you are eating. You mentioned that you ate your half a PowerBar on the train when you were already famished. Would it be possible to eat earlier -- before you reach the point of being so hungry that it's hard to feel satisfied until you're stuffed? I swim in the mornings, and I know that if I eat a banana or something small in the car on my way to work, I will need less food than if I wait until I get to my desk and have already started feeling hunger set in. It might not work for you, but timing your eating so that you eat before your blood sugar drops and you feel desperate might help.

Good luck!

It's first thing in the morning ... I wake-up and leave for the train in about 20 minutes, maybe 30 ... I cannot get out of bed any earlier ... I'm wondering about the timing, too ...

As for scyfreestyler, I'm 26. I really don't think it's the training. Just a hunch. I've trained much harder for other things. It might be getting used to different workouts, we are increasing intensity a lot and doing less yards some weeks and others doing a lot of yards with out the intensity ...

THANKS EVERYONE for the advice and thoughts!

okoban
December 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Fly Queen, I am amazed with the answers to my question 'drinking during a workout'. I just drink water, but I think I should reconsider that. Some hardworkers drink powerade, perpetuem, accelerade, propel, endurox, etc. It might help your problem.

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Fly Queen, I am amazed with the answers to my question 'drinking during a workout'. I just drink water, but I think I should reconsider that. Some hardworkers drink powerade, perpetuem, accelerade, propel, endurox, etc. It might help your problem.

I drink either Gatorade or watered down Enurance Gatorade ... it's not a huge problem, but I want to nip it in the bud before it becomes a huge problem, there are so many factors right now - lack of sleep, perhaps diet, training, etc. That who really knows which one it is, if it's not all of them ...

The Fortress
December 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM
As for food and being hungry... swimming makes me a LOT more hungry than running ever did. I eat after a long run, race, or track workout b/c I've heard one should get something by way of recovery, but after swimming, I feel FAMISHED and HAVE to have something.

You are another runner/swimmer after my own heart. Both sports make me really hungry. But I am usually hungry immediately after swimming and there is a delay before hunger sets in after running. But I'm always hungry too. There is also a lot of endurox and accelerade at my house.

Chlorini's point about timing is very good. Maybe Heather just has a high metabolism and can eat a lot?

Who's that flyer now, Heather? That doesn't look like the Jenny from before.

FlyQueen
December 21st, 2006, 04:28 PM
Who's that flyer now, Heather? That doesn't look like the Jenny from before.

Kaitlin Sandeno, can't discriminate, ya' know ... one day it will be that i post though ...

ensignada
December 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM
I have to get in on the PB&J discussion. Instead of peanut butter, try soynut butter. For my daughter, anyway, SB&J has more staying power than PB&J. Me? I can't stand either one....

scyfreestyler
December 21st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Kaitlin Sandeno, can't discriminate, ya' know ... one day it will be that i post though ...

Love Kaitlin...part of the dream team up at Club Wolverine. I can't wait until worlds next year to see how that team performs. I am gunning for Vendt to make an Olympians journey to Beijing in 2008.

islandsox
December 21st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Question: How much do you eat?
Answer: Too much.

Donna

CreamPuff
December 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Heather,

I had to respond to your post as I too noticed that I was eating a bit TOO MUCH when I started back masters swimming a few years ago. Why was I hungry ALL THE TIME?!

Now, I don't have any scientific answers, but I can tell you what's been working for me this year - and I eat less and have been losing a few pounds.

I had to shake the mentality that I had as a kid that "you can eat anything."
I did that as an adult masters and noticed that my size S tops were getting a bit tight in the arms (I am muscular but I need to say light and lean to race fast.)

All I did was make sure I ate 3 meals a day and that snacks are only healthy things like fruit and salads and occasional power bars. Sounds like you are right on track with the protein.

My big thing that I feel makes the difference for me is that I really cut down my sugar intake. I stay far away now from the sports drinks (except on meet day or practices over 2 hours) as many of them have LOTS of sugar. I really noticed that sugar REALLY increases my appetite. Also, I cut out about 80% of the desserts that I would eat (I would eat one big dessert a day at dinner). Now, I shoot for one or two less fatty, less sugary desserts a week - like sherbert or frozen yogurt. Also, I cut down on fast food to about 1x per two weeks. Once I got into a new habit of less sugar (and I cut way down on white bread - only eat mostly whole wheat), it's really easy to follow and I don't feel like I'm giving anything up. (And I was the queen of the sweet tooth) - just ask my husband! And, I'm much more full all the time. Truly. Note that I train about 6x a week at 5 to 6K and do weights 2 to 3 times a week.

So - I'm not saying to cut out sugar and white bread completely! Not at all. I just learned that I was ingesting tons of both substances and that made me RAVENOUS on a continual basis.

Hope this helps!

Caped Crusader
December 21st, 2006, 10:37 PM
I'll get one too...

I'll take you on, Rich. Although it appears that Fanstone may be a lawyer too. Or is he a doctor? Couldn't tell from his last post ... Isn't there some other damn lawyer too? Is it BillS? I don't want to take every pro bono case.

Oh, I don't eat PB or PBJ though. That's kid stuff.

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Love Kaitlin...part of the dream team up at Club Wolverine. I can't wait until worlds next year to see how that team performs. I am gunning for Vendt to make an Olympians journey to Beijing in 2008.

Erik Vendt might be my favorite swimmer. What a stud. I am amazed by what I read about his workouts and work ethic. There are going to be some amazing battles in 08 for that team on both sides (men and women). I get all excited just thinking about it ... I definitely want to see Kaitlin on the team, too.

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Hi Heather,

I had to respond to your post as I too noticed that I was eating a bit TOO MUCH when I started back masters swimming a few years ago. Why was I hungry ALL THE TIME?!

Now, I don't have any scientific answers, but I can tell you what's been working for me this year - and I eat less and have been losing a few pounds.

I had to shake the mentality that I had as a kid that "you can eat anything."
I did that as an adult masters and noticed that my size S tops were getting a bit tight in the arms (I am muscular but I need to say light and lean to race fast.)

All I did was make sure I ate 3 meals a day and that snacks are only healthy things like fruit and salads and occasional power bars. Sounds like you are right on track with the protein.

My big thing that I feel makes the difference for me is that I really cut down my sugar intake. I stay far away now from the sports drinks (except on meet day or practices over 2 hours) as many of them have LOTS of sugar. I really noticed that sugar REALLY increases my appetite. Also, I cut out about 80% of the desserts that I would eat (I would eat one big dessert a day at dinner). Now, I shoot for one or two less fatty, less sugary desserts a week - like sherbert or frozen yogurt. Also, I cut down on fast food to about 1x per two weeks. Once I got into a new habit of less sugar (and I cut way down on white bread - only eat mostly whole wheat), it's really easy to follow and I don't feel like I'm giving anything up. (And I was the queen of the sweet tooth) - just ask my husband! And, I'm much more full all the time. Truly. Note that I train about 6x a week at 5 to 6K and do weights 2 to 3 times a week.

So - I'm not saying to cut out sugar and white bread completely! Not at all. I just learned that I was ingesting tons of both substances and that made me RAVENOUS on a continual basis.

Hope this helps!

Okay, don't hate me but ... I'm actually losing weight. I'm not trying to but I've dropped a good size, maybe a size and a half. My family is joking that I'm going to waste away ... I don't think that'll happen ...

Basically, I'm looking for what I'm missing in my diet. THANKS for the idea about sugar. I'll definitely have to watch that ... I do have a few snickerdoodles sitting on my desk right now though ... hmmm ...

Big Sister/Fortress ... I do have a really high metabolism ...

The Fortress
December 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM
Okay, don't hate me but ... I'm actually losing weight. Big Sister/Fortress ... I do have a really high metabolism ...

Me too. Or so I've been told. I noticed a tiny slow down at 41 or so. Might have been having my last kid at 39 that gummed up the works. But right now I'm holding ... at a size 4. What are you, a size 2 with that 5'2" stature thing going on? I don't think Kristina will hate you. She looked fabulous in that prom dress.

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Me too. Or so I've been told. I noticed a tiny slow down at 41 or so. Might have been having my last kid at 39 that gummed up the works. But right now I'm holding ... at a size 4. What are you, a size 2 with that 5'2" stature thing going on? I don't think Kristina will hate you. She looked fabulous in that prom dress.

I wasn't referring to Kristina in that one, she does look fantastic in her prom dress ...

I definitely have a swimmer build, big shoulders/back and small waist. Fours fit, I haven't tried a 2, I cannot wrap my mind around that yet. When ordering the 8000 bridesmaid dresses I have, they always have to go off of your biggest measurement and mine is inevitable my bust, and it doesn't have much to do with chest. I end up getting like a 12 ... I always have the biggest bust measurement and the smallest hip ...

SwimStud
December 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
I wasn't referring to Kristina in that one, she does look fantastic in her prom dress ...

I definitely have a swimmer build, big shoulders/back and small waist. Fours fit, I haven't tried a 2, I cannot wrap my mind around that yet. When ordering the 8000 bridesmaid dresses I have, they always have to go off of your biggest measurement and mine is inevitable my bust, and it doesn't have much to do with chest. I end up getting like a 12 ... I always have the biggest bust measurement and the smallest hip ...

Umm hey y'know I'm trying to focus on work here...will ya stop with your personal ads H2....

:rofl:

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Umm hey y'know I'm trying to focus on work here...will ya stop with your personal ads H2....

It's all in the back ... not in the front.

SwimStud
December 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
It's all in the back ... not in the front.

I know what you mean.I'm just being my playful self-any opportunity for a witty comment and i am there.

My Mum was good swimmer in her youth, but she quit serious swimming as a teen when she over heard the coaches talking about her:

"Look at her shoulders and back...just like a man's!" It was a comment made between them in admiration of her muscularity and width. It had the wrong effect on a teenager in 1960's Britain who'd struggled with weight and being teased. Girls had to be girls back then. In today's world it would be a lot easier for her to have a powerful body. Shame really, who knows where she could have ended up.

geochuck
December 22nd, 2006, 12:27 PM
I drink either Gatorade or watered down Enurance Gatorade ... it's not a huge problem, but I want to nip it in the bud before it becomes a huge problem, there are so many factors right now - lack of sleep, perhaps diet, training, etc. That who really knows which one it is, if it's not all of them ...A friend of mine has a bottle of rum that he sips while swimming I don't know if he gets hydrated or not but he slurrs his words after he swims.

SwimStud
December 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
A friend of mine has a bottle of rum that he sips while swimming I don't know if he gets hydrated or not but he slurrs his words after he swims.

hehe a BYOSB?

"Bring Your Own Swim-up Bar?"
:groovy: :applaud:

FlyQueen
December 22nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
I know what you mean.I'm just being my playful self-any opportunity for a witty comment and i am there.

My Mum was good swimmer in her youth, but she quit serious swimming as a teen when she over heard the coaches talking about her:

"Look at her shoulders and back...just like a man's!" It was a comment made between them in admiration of her muscularity and width. It had the wrong effect on a teenager in 1960's Britain who'd struggled with weight and being teased. Girls had to be girls back then. In today's world it would be a lot easier for her to have a powerful body. Shame really, who knows where she could have ended up.

I put on muscle very easily and I've had a few experiences similiar to your mom's. In gymnastics my coach used to call me pipes ... and there was a time I totally stopped lifting because my legs were getting a little out of controll ... now I could care less ...

m2tall2
December 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
I think seagurl mentioned this, but I would take a look at the food pyramid. I was quite impressed going to something like myfoodpyramid.gov and the "new" food pyramid gives calorie guidelines for different ages and work levels, etc.

This past year I've made a concentrated effort to eat healthier. This summer I thought I was doing well at this but found myself famished with the swimming. Upon reviewing my diet I realized several things were missing.

I should have been eating at least 2 pieces of fruit every day and about 2-3 cups of varied vegetables. While I was getting enough protein, whole grains, and sugar I was not nearly meeting the expectations in the fruit and veggies department.

Since changing my diet to encorporate 2 pieces of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables I can't remember the last time I said I was famished when prior to this it was on a regular basis. I think all the fiber fills you up.

Another thing I've done is added nuts. Just about 5 days a week I'll eat about 1/4 cup of unsalted nuts like walnuts or almonds. Lots of good for you fats and protein in there. That fills me up pretty fast, too.

Caped Crusader
December 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
I think seagurl mentioned this, but I would take a look at the food pyramid. I was quite impressed going to something like myfoodpyramid.gov and the "new" food pyramid gives calorie guidelines for different ages and work levels, etc.

This past year I've made a concentrated effort to eat healthier. This summer I thought I was doing well at this but found myself famished with the swimming. Upon reviewing my diet I realized several things were missing.

I should have been eating at least 2 pieces of fruit every day and about 2-3 cups of varied vegetables. While I was getting enough protein, whole grains, and sugar I was not nearly meeting the expectations in the fruit and veggies department.

Since changing my diet to encorporate 2 pieces of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables I can't remember the last time I said I was famished when prior to this it was on a regular basis. I think all the fiber fills you up.

Another thing I've done is added nuts. Just about 5 days a week I'll eat about 1/4 cup of unsalted nuts like walnuts or almonds. Lots of good for you fats and protein in there. That fills me up pretty fast, too.

I'm not sure about the government food pyramid. Last time I checked I thought it was flawed. I'll look at the new one. Yes, you gotta eat your fruits and veggies. Nuts are great too. I am a periodic desert eater however.

The Fortress
January 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I put on muscle very easily and I've had a few experiences similiar to your mom's. In gymnastics my coach used to call me pipes ... and there was a time I totally stopped lifting because my legs were getting a little out of controll ... now I could care less ...

How is that eating thing going?

I haven't done jack for a good month besides the short 3-4 mile run or short technique workout. I'm too busy being sick and whiney and gasping for air and visiting the in-laws. I think I have still been eating my normal portions or more out of boredom, but I seem to have actually lost a couple pounds. What gives with that? Is my muscle ebbing away from not hitting the gym and doing 4000 yard workouts more regularly?

FlyQueen
January 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
It seems to have calmed down actually. I'm trying to eat more in the am and eating a PB&J about two or two and a half hours before workout and that is helping, I'm not starving afterwards either. I miss running ...

FlyQueen
January 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Though yesterday I had two packets of oatmeal for breakfast (reduced sugar) and I was still starving after ... hmmm ... maybe it's just that I've stocked my desk at work and don't really stop eating ...

SwimStud
January 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM
It seems to have calmed down actually. I'm trying to eat more in the am and eating a PB&J about two or two and a half hours before workout and that is helping, I'm not starving afterwards either. I miss running ...

Heathen!

FlyQueen
January 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Heathen!

I load on the grape jelly too so that it oozes out ... yum!!

SwimStud
January 5th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I load on the grape jelly too so that it oozes out ... yum!!

Peanut butter or Jam alone...fine. Together...you need a :dedhorse:

Caped Crusader
January 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Peanut butter or Jam alone...fine. Together...you need a :dedhorse:

Peanut butter and jelly is for kids. Haven't I said this before? You guys are just young kids. Not due any respect whatsoever.:dedhorse:

blainesapprentice
January 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I am borderline diabetic, and tend to be a compulsive eater, and so such...so I have found that www.sparkpeople.com which is a free weightloss website, is great! It allows you to track your fitness (what activity-how much time) and it computes the amount of calories you approx. burned. It also allows you to track your nutrition, you can put in what you ate over the course of the day, and then it tells u how much calories, carbs, protein and fat you ate. It's really helped me look at what I eat, and put things into perspective as to what I eat too much of and too little of.

Furthermore, if you are hoping to lose some weight, or gain some, or I imagine stay the same even, they help you determine how many calories you should eat, how much protein, fat, and carbs your allowed as well daily. They also tell you how many calories you should burn daily.

And my last little plug on the site, is that it also has a strength training section, which they just actually updated so you can put in your own activities, but they have really good demo pages, and little videos showing you how to, do these different strength exercises that they reccomend.

So yeah, thats fun, I use it, it works for what I need to get from it, maybe some of you will enjoy its set-up as well:-D
Morgan

Slimy
January 8th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'm with Donna... I eat too much.