PDA

View Full Version : What kind of athlete are you?

Caped Crusader
December 22nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Here's a new poll. You can only vote once. What kind of athlete are you?

Allen Stark
December 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Not just sprinter but breaststroke sprinter.

Caped Crusader
December 22nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
Not just sprinter but breaststroke sprinter.

I think that permits you to vote as a "sprinter." I'm sure your buddy the Fortress will join you. Wait, I didn't vote myself. I better go do that. I see you did vote. Now, we're 50/50 pending further votes.

SwimStud
December 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
I went for Jedi Knight...albeit a Breaststroking Jedi Knight.

"The Breaststroke is strong in my family..."

"Caped, I AM your breasstroker..."

"Richjb made the 50 breastroke run in under twelve parsecs..."

:rofl:
I could go on...

The Fortress
December 22nd, 2006, 09:49 PM
I think that permits you to vote as a "sprinter." I'm sure your buddy the Fortress will join you.

Ha, ha. Nope! I would have voted in several categories if you had been as polite as Warren was in his poll. But I voted as a "stroker" because I swim fly/back/free and I like IMs. Although it is obvious that I like to sprint all those things. I must say that I was tempted to go with symphony conductor after reading SCY Freestyler's post on the "Biggest Loser" thread ...

The Fortress
December 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Rich says I'm really "fickle." So I want to change my vote to philosopher coach. If I can't change my vote, I hope Terry comes and votes in that category.

Caped Crusader
December 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Ha, ha. Nope! I would have voted in several categories if you had been as polite as Warren was in his poll. But I voted as a "stroker" because I swim fly/back/free and I like IMs. Although it is obvious that I like to sprint all those things. I must say that I was tempted to go with symphony conductor after reading SCY Freestyler's post on the "Biggest Loser" thread ...

I think you are on record, Fortress, as calling yourself a whimpy sprinter. No vote changes allowed to account for fickleness. There was a guy starting this poll.

Donna
December 23rd, 2006, 09:52 AM
As a kid I was a sprinter. For now I would have to say Distance Swimmer but I am a want-a-be sprinter and working hard to try to get there.

swim4me
December 23rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
As a kid I was a sprinter. For now I would have to say Distance Swimmer but I am a want-a-be sprinter and working hard to try to get there.

I have noticed the same thing. I HATED distances as a kid, but now I love them. Still love sprints, but also distance now. It must be a patience thing as one ages (more age, more patience).

islandsox
December 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
I sure did want to vote twice, but you forced me to make a decision. But I do have two categories like swimming: none at all and all the time. I am a couch potato when I am not training, but that is going to change mighty soon and it won't stop for 16 months!!! Scary thought.:help:

islandsox

poolraat
December 23rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
I only voted for 2 but I could have voted for more. Since I started swimming only a few years ago I've tried a little of everything. All strokes at 50, all but breast at 100, free from 50to 5K including ow. Just seeing what I'm best suited for.

MikeGarr
December 23rd, 2006, 08:02 PM
I think it's interesting that the results so far show no triathletes. It seems fairly obvious actually that they have their own forums, anyway. They don't need other strokes to cross-train. Merry xmas and happy Hannukah and all that stuff all you swimmers out there.

The Fortress
December 24th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I think it's interesting that the results so far show no triathletes. It seems fairly obvious actually that they have their own forums, anyway. They don't need other strokes to cross-train. Merry xmas and happy Hannukah and all that stuff all you swimmers out there.

I love tris. They come play on our forum ocassionally. along with dualthletes and aquathloners. Why didn't you vote?!

Happy to see that sprinters are winning.

MikeGarr
December 24th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I voted as an open water swimmer. Can't "tri", bad ankle and knee. Used to run but no more. Now enjoy the swimming... best therapy there is.

Caped Crusader
December 29th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Well, I guess sprinters rule here. I should have voted as a triathlete ... I think there is a tyranny of technique geeks on this forum. Does anyone want to swim distance anymore? Does anyone believe in endurance training? Terry thinks there are a lot of engine builders, but it seems the opposite to me. I like my endurance workouts just fine. Always happy to improve my stroke too, of course, but my primary focus is getting a good workout in and being as fit as I can be. I'm not sure looking pretty helps your overall health nearly as much.