PDA

View Full Version : What events do you do? **updated options**

Warren
December 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
**the moderator changed the number of options, so now I can include IM**

Ok there has been alot of talk about alot of people doing this stroke, no body doing that stroke. Here is a poll that will show the true facts. In this poll you can select multiply options becasue most people have more than one stroke that they focus on.

What are your events? I put the option of a little bit for all of the strokes because sometimes people have a third or second stroke that they are good at or an event that might not be there best but they just like doing it. If this is the case put "a little bit". Personally I do sprint free, breast, and a little fly.

Caped Crusader
December 23rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Still no OW. IMers think they rule.

thewookiee
December 23rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
I will take a bit of middle distance freestyle and backstroke. Now, for the real presents, I will take a Lionel train set(ok, a lot of these will be great)
An endless pool would be nice as well..lol

FindingMyInnerFish
December 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Open water mile
In my few meets, I've done the following:
50 free (short and long course, the latter feeling like forever; short course in senior games, long course in an open meet)
100 free (senior games)
100 IM (also senior games... the time could be measured on a calendar... thought I'd try something different in a very low-key meet... would I do it again? under duress and if onlookers promised to look the other direction.... )

I actually enjoyed all of these events, even the crazy IM I sort of struggled through.

But I seem to like the open water better than any of the pool events--like the natural setting and the rocking of the waves, the feeling of freedom....

I learned to swim mostly in a bay as a kid, and I came to enjoy swimming even when others thought the water was too cold. Once, on a summer hike in NH, when the group came upon a very cold pond (fed from a mountain stream), I was the only adult female to swim in it--and LOVED it. (Of course, I can't even IMAGINE swimming in the temps Lynne Cox has been exposed to--she's totally one of my swimming heroes!)