PDA

View Full Version : What swim stuff did Santa leave you?

SwimStud
December 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM
What swim gear did you get? Share your joy with us.
Heck if you got anything good, tell us...it doesn't have to be about swimming all the time eh?

Santa left me :
A pair of plain black Speedo Endurance Jammers!
A royal blue Speedo bag!
A waterproof stop watch!
Ultra-Swim shampoo, conditioner and body wash--now I won't smell like the pool so much!!

Wohoo!! Now to Carb up for tomorrow's workout!

Hope you're having a great day

Rich

Donna
December 25th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Santa left me a Fusion 2 swim suit, waterproof stopwatch, and tempo trainer.
:joker:
Donna

USMSarah
December 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Merry Christmas, Rich!

Santa left me a silver swimmer car magnet and a "Life Is Good" Jake swimming T-shirt! The non-swimming related stuff: a nice pepper grinder, a big cookbook, gorgeous bath towels, Victoria's Secret flannel pj's and matching slippers, a small glass ornament thing from a local museum and a very cute Christmas tree quilt.

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas! Can't wait to get back in the pool tomorrow... we've eaten so much this weekend.

poolraat
December 25th, 2006, 03:09 PM
My son & I got FS sleeveless bodysuits! Too bad I won't get to wear it 'til April. He'll get to wear his in a few weeks at the State SC Champ's.

Redbird Alum
December 25th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Santa brought my college senior daughter home from her winter training trip in Sarasota, along with some of her coach's holiday workouts.

Thank goodness my daughter doesn't expect me to keep up, but it'll be cool to swim alongside her for the next week!

Caped Crusader
December 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
What swim gear did you get? Share your joy with us.
Heck if you got anything good, tell us...it doesn't have to be about swimming all the time eh?

Santa left me :
A pair of plain black Speedo Endurance Jammers!
A royal blue Speedo bag!
A waterproof stop watch!
Ultra-Swim shampoo, conditioner and body wash--now I won't smell like the pool so much!!

Wohoo!! Now to Carb up for tomorrow's workout!

Hope you're having a great day

Rich

Having a great day, thanks. I guess Mrs. Rich knows you like to swim now! Wow. Did you get anything non-swimming related?

SwimStud
December 25th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Having a great day, thanks. I guess Mrs. Rich knows you like to swim now! Wow. Did you get anything non-swimming related?

Yes a new set of drum heads, some CD's and clothes. Oh and a Chewbacca pen LOL

Warren
December 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
2 videos

Eddie Resse on Butterfly and Swimming Faster Freestyle with David Marsh.

Allen Stark
December 25th, 2006, 11:15 PM
A new wetsuit. Not for triathelons(I'm a breaststroke sprinter remember) but for bodysurfing on the Oregon coast.

lapswimmr
December 25th, 2006, 11:15 PM
New Blue Zoomers ! Been needing a new pair for some time mine were about 10 years old and getting small craks in them. They do last almost forever. Use them on and off they take some getting used to at first or if you have not used them in a while.

m2tall2
December 27th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I wish I could put this next to what I had written in the post about what's on your wishlist.

Things I asked for that Santa delivered
- a USMS hooded sweatshirt
- The speedo fighting fish swimsuit (yay!)
- A bathing cap
- Satin Victoria's secret pajamas (to go with the new improved me from swimming).

What I didn't ask for that I am grateful for
- Tivo with a long subscription so I can watch shows that I like which regularly interfere with my swimming schedule. This was a very generous shock and suprise.
- A Life is Good long sleeve swimming t-shirt. I didn't ask for it but I had been longing for it. Never thought to ask for one though.

What I will have to decide between to buy myself after the holidays...
- TYR swim bag
- New fins to replace very old cracked ones

sanwin
December 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Santa left me a SwiMP3 player,and TYR goggles. I hope I can work the player. Happy Holiday!! and Lots of swimming in 2007. Sandy

aztimm
December 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Got a new Nike bag to replace a very old Arena bag that I use to haul my gear...it isn't necessarily a swimming bag but will work.

I usually get a suit or 2, but didn't this year. In the past, I've gotten suits, zoomers, goggles, mesh bag, goggle case (nice for traveling), and swim gloves (which I still have but don't use).

Warren
December 28th, 2006, 09:12 PM
My son & I got FS sleeveless bodysuits! Too bad I won't get to wear it 'til April. He'll get to wear his in a few weeks at the State SC Champ's.

santa was good to you, he had to drop 500 for that. I can think of alot better stuff to get for $500.

SwimStud
December 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
santa was good to you, he had to drop 500 for that. I can think of alot better stuff to get for $500.

does that mean my Jammers were not made by elves and sprinkled with magic flying dust? :eek:

Warren
December 28th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I mean a $250 high neck suit is kind of unesasary.

Just look at the swimmers with wr's and what they wore.
50- old school sut
100- legs i think
200- fully body
400 and up... Iv been told if you do long distance and wear a body suit, i starts to get hot after a while.
flys- legs
breasts- jammers
IM's- jammers

If you got 2 pairs of legs each $160, you would save $180. Thats enough to each get new goggles, caps, swim bags, new practice suits. Or you could have gotten the FS1 high neck slevless on speedousa.com for $75.

poolraat
December 29th, 2006, 11:17 AM

They were on sale for $74 each. Who can pass up a bargain like that?

poolraat
December 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
does that mean my Jammers were not made by elves and sprinkled with magic flying dust? :eek:

They were Rich. Ya gotta believe.

Warren
December 29th, 2006, 12:21 PM
They were on sale for $74 each. Who can pass up a bargain like that?

That is a good deal. Where did you get it.

poolraat
December 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
That is a good deal. Where did you get it.

The answer is in your earlier post.

Warren
December 29th, 2006, 01:52 PM
o, I was thinking fs2. sorry. yeah that is a good deal, I might get one too, cant pass that up.

blainesapprentice
December 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
the only swimming related items I got were a wicking towel and an ornament. My parents know me good enough to know that when it comes to holidays I need gifts that are not swimming related, as I spend nearly 6hours a day in the pool 6 days a week..so getting only swimming related things would be overkill for me:-). But for my birthday I did ask for a swimp3 player.

nancytris
December 31st, 2006, 06:22 PM
Santa was very good to me with lots of good stuff, and for swimming, I did get a SwiMP3. I have not yet had the opportunity to use it, but did get some tunes downloaded onto it. It seems easy enough to use and I am anxious to do so!!

globuggie
January 3rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Santa left me some "energy food"... aka "candy."

geochuck
January 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Santa dropped my wife and I off in Mexico where I can go swimming all day in the Ocean or the Pool or just lay around in the sun. While in Mexico I noticed this viscious attack on a crocodile.

okoban
January 6th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Literally 'the same' swimming cap I bought for myself 1 week ago. Considering I use one cap nearly for a year, I will use the same blue and yellow cap till 2009.:woot: