PDA

View Full Version : Am I being lazy...

SwimStud
December 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM
I last swam on Thursday. I had a mild food poisoning case Friday. It has left me with an embarrasing rash, and the beginings of a cold/cough (I got sniffles).
I am thinking of not training today..tomorrow maybe tough (hangover/halfday) and I would like to ideally get on the Mon, Wed, Fri routine again. So I'd blow off until Wed.

Or should I go today before I get really ill with the cough/cold and am forced to take off.
If I swim today the exercise might get my system going a bit and help me recover, or could drain me and make me feel cruddy.

Should I go do a half load workout?

swim4me
December 31st, 2006, 12:47 PM
If I felt like you do today and my pool was open, I would go in and do an easy 1 hr workout. Just to get the blood flowing. Then you can start out hard again on Wednesday. :coffee:

chaos
December 31st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Swimming always makes me feel better. (my lane mates sometimes object to my swimming when my health is compromised)
but...misery loves company!

SwimStud
December 31st, 2006, 12:57 PM
OK you two have persuaded me. I'm a little embarassed by the rash but it won't notice once I am in the water--it's not contagious.
I'll chug 1/2 a power drink 40 min prior. Then have other half afterwards.
That should leave me ok.

swim4me
December 31st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Have fun, I am jeleous as my pool IS closed today and tomorrow:(

SwimStud
December 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Have fun, I am jeleous as my pool IS closed today and tomorrow:(

Bah I just called. they're shut already. I asked them Thursday they said normal hours for today. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

OK well maybe I can go "easy" tonight and get a little swim in tomorrow before noon.

swim4me
December 31st, 2006, 02:04 PM
You may want to call tomorrow also. My pool is closed today and tomorrow. You can always run outside:shakeshead:

SwimStud
December 31st, 2006, 03:07 PM
You may want to call tomorrow also. My pool is closed today and tomorrow. You can always run outside:shakeshead:

I know tomrrow is half day...but they didn't mention today. If I can get in by 10 I'll have plenty of time...running is out. I could use my multi gym though...we'll see.

Donna
December 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Since my pool is closed I road my bike 5 miles today and plan the same for tomorrow. Yesterday I swam an easier workout since Friday was the annual 100x50 meters on :55 swim and my shoulders are really feeling it. I did ride my bike both Friday and Saturday but had to cut both rides short due to rain.

For me consistancy in the water is important no matter how the rest of me is feeling. My back only seems to loosen up when I swim in the mornings and Sundays I really hate not being able to swim, it leaves my back tight all day long.