PDA

View Full Version : Open water update

grumpytuna
January 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Happy new year everyone.
We are currently seeking a USMS sanction for the pennock challenge and hope to have a sanction number some time in the future. The rules and regs are posted on the website along with the entry we will be using.
In addition we will be seeking a sanction for the 1k swim on August 11, so that swim will be sanctioned through USA swimming and USMS.
I hope to have a the date for the settlers cove splash and dash aquathon set for mid July. The splash and dash is a 1k swim follow by a 5k run out at settlers cove here in Ketchikan. The race is open to solos and teams of 2, people wishing to do a swim only can also enter. I will post additional information as I get it confirmed.
I have had some local requests to setup a sprint triathalon something on the order of 1K swim, 35k bike and 10k run. I'm wondering if there is any interest from other tri-atheletes or would-be triatheletes in the state. I know that travel is expensive so I'm looking for are suggestions on how to make it something people would like to do.
Please visit the Pennock website at www.alaskateamada.com for updates on pennock. If you have any comments or suggestions please reply to the thread or email me at grumpytuna@yahoo.com

Cheers
William Schulz