not sure how long it will be up

The Fortress
January 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM
anyone follow postsecret

in this weeks there was a swimming secret

"the one race that meant the most to me
you weren't there to see it
you didn't ask but I came in first"

Oh boo hoo. Really. My husband's usually not there when I'm winning a race; he's with the kids who just aren't that interested in masters swimming. He also missed an important race at Nationals last year because he went running down in Coral Springs and got lost. I didn't really mind. My teammates watched and cheered. He did ask me how I did though. Not asking at all seems a little self-absorbed and indifferent.

I think the attendance issue is much more important for kids. My kids would be pretty bummed if I wasn't at an important race or I didn't have a good reason for not showing (like I was at another kid's important race).

I never realized there was a site like this though. Some pretty funny responses. Even racey ones. :rofl:

poolraat
January 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM
"the one race that meant the most to me
you weren't there to see it.....

My family very seldom gets to see me swim and I don't really mind.
But, I feel bad that I don't get to watch my kids swim as often as I would like. This weekend my 14 yo son is swimming in the Nevada State SC Championship meet. (I no longer can claim to have the fastest times in our family) I really wish I could have seen his 100 fly today. In prelims he went 5 sec faster than ever before and qualified for the B final. I'm still waiting to hear how he did in tonight's final.

geochuck
January 13th, 2007, 10:47 PM
When I swam all over the world Chuckie stayed home to watch the kids.

I wanted her there with me, however when I raced in Canada Chuckie and the kids came with me most of the time, George, Chuckie and the six little Park children.

blainesapprentice
January 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I follow postsecrets every week--they update that site with new secrets every sunday. Frank, the founder of the site and concept receives thousands of postcards every week.

This girls secret, regarding swimming is obviously a big deal to her...to take the time to make the card, send it in, and all.

And I completely understand her point, its one thing if no one comes to watch a big meet, yeah thats a bummer, but if you get home and no one asks how you did...thats really disappointing.