PDA

View Full Version : Pick a "Nick" for Dick!

SwimStud
January 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
OK at the risk of appearing egotistical. I shall look for a more snazzy nickname. I've put up a poll and if you think of a better nicknameyou can post it.

Rich

FlyQueen
January 15th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I like the anti fly ... it suits you and plays off of my superior name ;) :smooch:

poolraat
January 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Maybe because of your new "hawtnessity", you should call yourself the
"Swim Stud":rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Fortress
January 15th, 2007, 12:14 PM

I voted for Frog Legs.

Anti-Fly seems appropriate, especially since the fly vs. breast wars with Heather are back on. But what if you decide to become a more well-rounded short axis swimmer? You might decide you like fly .... or you might take up butterfrog.

But I think Poolraat has a good suggestion here. :rofl:

Or you could go with Wayne's suggestion of "Diamond Calves."

aquageek
January 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Fortress
January 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I knew we were boring him.

geochuck
January 15th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I did not see Tricky Dick - you seem to be a politician.

okoban
January 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
FROG (You buy the option to turn into a prince):thhbbb:

FlyQueen
January 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
How about BreastKing, it really does seem to be perfect for you ... ;) :hug:

SwimStud
January 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
How about BreastKing, it really does seem to be perfect for you ... ;) :hug:

Aw that's too much of a steal from you. That's why I put up BreastBuoy.

Remember we pronounce buoy virtually as "boy" in the UK not boo-ay...

Allen Stark
January 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
If I am going to be your guru(see "Threadies" thread it needs to be something like"Grasshopper" but more aquatic. Something that captures your humor."Poisondart Frog"?

Peter Cruise
January 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM
How about 'Vessel-Who-Laughs'?

swim4me
January 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
If I am going to be your guru(see "Threadies" thread it needs to be something like"Grasshopper" but more aquatic. Something that captures your humor."Poisondart Frog"?

How about Tadpole to be more aquatic!!!!

I voted for Anti Fly (it describes me too), however......

This is my new vote!!!!!:groovy: Go SwimStud :rofl:

SwimStud
January 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
How about Tadpole to be more aquatic!!!!

I voted for Anti Fly (it describes me too), however......

This is my new vote!!!!!:groovy: Go SwimStud :rofl:

SwimStud..very catchy but Mrsrichjb might worry even more about where my swimming motivation comes from. :rofl:

I guess we'll just have to settle for it being my secret nickname!

swim4me
January 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM
SwimStud..very catchy but Mrsrichjb might worry even more about where my swimming motivation comes from. :rofl:

I guess we'll just have to settle for it being my secret nickname!

I bet that is what Mrs. Richjb calls you;)

SwimStud
January 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I bet that is what Mrs. Richjb calls you;)

HAHAHA! Amongst other names!

ensignada
January 15th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I voted for 'Breast Buoy', but I like SwimStud much better. I have no idea what you look like, but it seems to suit your personality much better.

(Mrs. Richjb would probably understand. I could call myself SexyThang, but my husband knows exactly how I look in the cap, googles and nose clip. I don't think he has any worries...)

Caped Crusader
January 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not the best nickname for you, Rich. I don't think you're a "geek" either. I kinda liked Cruise's suggestion. Laughing vessel. Not bad. Lots of double meaning. What about Brit Buoy? I'm hoping that Swim Stud might apply to lots of us here, although you definitely have a way with the ladies on the forum.

ensignada
January 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I'm hoping that Swim Stud might apply to lots of us here, although you definitely have a way with the ladies on the forum.

Alas, I forgot about the male ego. :frustrated:

I'm sure all the men on the forum could be SwimStud.

Forget I even posted....:shakeshead:

Caped Crusader
January 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM

I was just joking with Rich, Barb. Honest. I really don't consider myself one. I'm just a beginner swimmer. But it sounds like we have quite a few genuine studs here. I liked you're SexyThang comment, I'm not opposed to nose clips and I'm sure Rich will break down and wear a cap someday. I also voted for Breast Buoy.

swim4me
January 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM

It may apply to many of the men on this forum, but since no one has officially claimed it as of yet, richjb may as well be the one:agree:

Caped Crusader
January 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
It may apply to many of the men on this forum, but since no one has officially claimed it as of yet, richjb may as well be the one:agree:

As Rich explained I should say, "right-on-man!" Agreed! Absolutely.

Kathy and Barb: You ladies prove my point that Rich has a way with the ladies on this forum!

SwimStud
January 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
As Rich explained I should say, "right-on-man!" Agreed! Absolutely.

Kathy and Barb: You ladies prove my point that Rich has a way with the ladies on this forum!

LOL You guys! I am not PM'ing the moderators and asking to be called SwimStud. How big of an ego will they think I have...unless I get it printed across my Jammers...hmmm

ensignada
January 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I am not PM'ing the moderators and asking to be called SwimStud.

No PM-ing necessary, Rich. It's all quite public now. :)

SwimStud
January 16th, 2007, 07:40 PM
No PM-ing necessary, Rich. It's all quite public now. :)

So I 'll sit back and wait for a new name to be bestwed then? I guess when I can't log in as Richjb it's been changed :D

That's some beautiful Collie you got there.

Kathy's too although I'm not sure if Kathy has a different Collie breed. Can't tell from the angle.

ensignada
January 16th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Mine's a Sheltie. She's 11 and as neurotic as the day she was born. I'm guessing that Kathy's is a Sheltie as well, only a tri-color.

Caped Crusader
January 16th, 2007, 11:07 PM
That's some beautiful Collie you got there.

I had a border collie. Great dogs. Love the dog avatars all.

Rich: When do you pick your name? What does you wife suggest? After all, my wife provided the inspiration for mine.

Gotta love that SwimStud, stuff. Enjoy, Dude. Will the wife be joining you at the meet or going solo? Could be risky if solo. Look what happened to Muppet.

SwimStud
January 16th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I had a border collie. Great dogs. Love the dog avatars all.

Rich: When do you pick your name? What does you wife suggest? After all, my wife provided the inspiration for mine.

Gotta love that SwimStud, stuff. Enjoy, Dude. Will the wife be joining you at the meet or going solo? Could be risky if solo. Look what happened to Muppet.

The poll closes in a day or two I think. It seems though that swimstud has become the people's choice...

swim4me
January 17th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Mine's a Sheltie. She's 11 and as neurotic as the day she was born. I'm guessing that Kathy's is a Sheltie as well, only a tri-color.

Yes, mine's a Sheltie too. I think neurotic is a personality trait for Shelties, but I love her to death. She will be 7 in April, and she is a tri. She hates the pool !!!!!

Julie Roddin
January 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Yes, mine's a Sheltie too.

So that's what your dog is, a sheltie! I couldn't tell her size from the picture. I just adopted a collie who was in a shelter. He think's he's a sheltie, but he's a collie...all 80 lbs of him. And he's only a year and a half. Hopefully he's done growing! We'll have to wait until spring to see if he likes the water.

Julie

newmastersswimmer
January 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
As I stated in several other postings, I am going with the British Blowfish (which can also by slightly mutated into other similar sounding nicknames when the situation arises.....such as the British Blowhard for example....LOL!!....just j/k now rich!)

Newmastersswimmer

SwimStud
January 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM
As I stated in several other postings, I am going with the British Blowfish (which can also by slightly mutated into other similar sounding nicknames when the situation arises.....such as the British Blowhard for example....LOL!!....just j/k now rich!)

Newmastersswimmer

You're going the right way for a good limerick :laugh2:

newmastersswimmer
January 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM
You're going the right way for a good limerick posted by the British Blowfish

Oh now I see how it is....making limerick threats now are we?! Well remember that there are also retaliatory limericks as well ala the fort...LOL!

Newmastersswimmer

swim4me
January 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
So that's what your dog is, a sheltie! I couldn't tell her size from the picture. I just adopted a collie who was in a shelter. He think's he's a sheltie, but he's a collie...all 80 lbs of him. And he's only a year and a half. Hopefully he's done growing! We'll have to wait until spring to see if he likes the water.

Julie

Uh oh, Shelties only weigh 20 - 25. 80 would be a lot of Sheltie!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SwimStud
January 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well

Poll or not it seems poolraat's suggestion of SwimStud took off...I will try to live up to the handle for you all ;)

ensignada
January 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Well

Poll or not it seems poolraat's suggestion of SwimStud took off...I will try to live up to the handle for you all ;)

If you keep that avatar, it won't be a difficult decision.

SwimStud
January 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
If you keep that avatar, it won't be a difficult decision.

That pic Better Barb?? Hahah I took that about 3 months ago when I'd only been swimming a few weeks...it was a joke. I figure it goes with the nickname LOL

geochuck
January 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I passed over my computer with my Stud Finder and my Stud Finder shut my computer down and a message came up no Swim Stud located here...

SwimStud
January 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I passed over my computer with my Stud Finder and my Stud Finder shut my computer down and a message came up no Swim Stud located here...

I always have the opposite problem when I am trying to put shelves up at home: I get out the stud finder but it just keeps beeping until I put it down...

/shrug
:D :D :D

swim4me
January 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
SwimStud congratulations on taking the moniker!!!! I like your new avatar as well. It fits your new Nick.;)

ensignada
January 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM
That pic Better Barb?? Hahah I took that about 3 months ago when I'd only been swimming a few weeks...it was a joke. I figure it goes with the nickname LOL

Yes, Your Studliness. Thanks for changing that avatar. It was creeping me out.

newmastersswimmer
January 20th, 2007, 06:27 PM
That pic Better Barb?? Hahah I took that about 3 months ago when I'd only been swimming a few weeks...it was a joke. I figure it goes with the nickname LOL posted by the British Blowfish

Nice Avatar B.B. It gave me the idea of also posting a little pic of one of my guns too....Only I hadn't swam in months at the time I took it and so I was a little smaller in that pic than I am now...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

nancytris
February 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Hey Rich -- How did you change your name -- what are the mechanics here for doing so?
thanks

SwimStud
February 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Hey Rich -- How did you change your name -- what are the mechanics here for doing so?
thanks

Nancy
I PM'd one of the moderators.

Rich

nancytris
February 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks Rich. It seemed that it should be easy but I couldn't figure it out!

ande
February 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
nicknames are rarely self given
they are given by people who like you and spent a lot of time around you

one swimmer on the UT team was nicknamed

Smutly
cause he used to draw detailed erotic images of women on the teams locker room chalk board

another was named

fetus
cause he slept all balled up

nick names evolve

another's nick name was

Bee Wee
can't remember why on that one

a friend of mine was a pentathlete, he was on an international trip, his room mate was a the youngest of the bunch. My friend woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the youngster was playing with ...
any way from that point on his nick name was
pull boy

so your "friends" have to give you your nick name then it needs to stick

remember the scene in Animal house from this time on you'll be known as
Flounder

Rich right now, for you I'm leaning towards

Dick Nick

which you may or may not want
time will tell if Dick Nick sticks

Ande

SwimStud
February 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Rich right now, for you I'm leaning towards

Dick Nick

which you may or may not want

Ande

:joker: Are you trying to motivate me to shatter some of your PB's? ;)

:rofl:

poolraat
February 5th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Hey Rich....this is better than.....never mind.:rofl: :rofl:

Peter Cruise
February 5th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I am inclined to be kinder than Ande and his teamates so, after mature and lengthy reconsideration....'BritWit' !!!

newmastersswimmer
February 5th, 2007, 08:16 PM
As much as it pains me to have to agree with That Northern Dude, I do think that BritWit is rather catchy....I still also like The British Blowfish (or simply Blowfish for short) and all of its obvious variations (such as British Blowchunks and British Blowhard for example)....(Just j/k around now Richie Rich...LOL!!):thhbbb: :thhbbb: :lolup: :lolup: :rofl: :rofl:

Newmastersswimmer :groovy: :groovy:

SwimStud
February 5th, 2007, 10:07 PM
All good ones...hehe I love the banter and provided it's not malicious it's all good.
Hmm OK I'll be taking names ond will be checking times gents....just remember I've not yet begun to swim...

*Rich speaks as if just by saying the words it will make him a faster swimmer*

LOL