PDA

View Full Version : Jonty Skinner's Transformed Stroke, Transformed Swimmer

tomtopo
January 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM
What a great article! At first when I heard about straight arm swimming, I really thought -- What the heck is he talking about but when you read this article it becomes clear as glass. The Early Vertical Forearm position is not only shown very well, Coach Skinner also shows the shift from a dropped-elbow to a noticeably improved straight/vertical forearm. I thought we were on different pages but this article shows that were reading the same thing word-for-word. His article energizes my passion to help all swimmers at every level from beginner to elite improve their EVF. Thanks Coach Skinner

On another note I've been practicing what I preach in an effort to participate in a Master's competition in mid-February. Improving my EVF is very difficult and I resort to bad habits but I'm concentrating hard so like I told Zing ( a swimming friend) I better darn well see some great drops. I started after New Year's with a push-off 1:30 100 yard Breaststroke and have been focusing on improving my 50. My push-off 50 has gone down from a 42 to about a 38. Now, I'm only putting in an average of a few hundred quality yards, down from the abitious 1500 I started with but Coach Dean Hawks told me that training smarter is the key. I don't know how smart I have to train to get down to a 1:17 but that's my goal for the first meet. Our state meet is in March. I haven't been posting much because I've been coaching after school. Please keep in touch, :wave: Coach T.

KaizenSwimmer
January 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Find the article at http://www.totalimmersion.net/2007articles/january/jonty.html