PDA

View Full Version : rash from swimsuit

mkctriguy
January 30th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I got a rash on my skin that seems to be only under my swimsuit. I thought it might be the pool but it went away and I still swam. Two weeks later I wore the same swimsuit and got the rash again. I still wasn't sure but then last Saturday I wore it again and the rash came back. Has anyone experienced this problem.

Sonic Swimmer78
January 30th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I haven't, but now I have to ask, what is your suit made of?? It could be an allergic reaction to the material.

SwimStud
January 30th, 2007, 10:45 PM
and you're not washing it in detergent or anything like that are you?

mkctriguy
January 30th, 2007, 10:45 PM
It's made of polyester.

Sonic Swimmer78
January 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Polyester?? Okay, I see... I'd wash it with Woolite. Woolite's your best friend when washing swimwear, but wash either in the delicates cycle in your washing machine or by hand. Personally, I prefer washing them by hand, they won't get ruined.

Once washing them, hang them to dry, *DON'T* put them in the dryer, you'll screw up the elasticity and the fabric will be ruined.

If the rash continues after wash, you might want to try Lycra suits.

mkctriguy
February 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Just for anyone who has the same problem. I haven't used the polyester suit again and the rash has gone. I guess I'm allerigic to polyester.

ensignada
February 10th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Just for anyone who has the same problem. I haven't used the polyester suit again and the rash has gone. I guess I'm allerigic to polyester.

Well, you'd better hope that leisure suits don't come back in style then. ;)