PDA

View Full Version : Type of Pull Bouy?

tjburk
January 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I normally use a regular foam pull bouy.......but recently have gone back to what my HS coach had us use.....an inner tube around the ankles. Keeps your feet higher and creates more drag.......

Anybody else currently using a tube?

And what are your thoughts on using one?

Muppet
January 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
I normally use a regular foam pull bouy.......but recently have gone back to what my HS coach had us use.....an inner tube around the ankles. Keeps your feet higher and creates more drag.......

Anybody else currently using a tube?

And what are your thoughts on using one?

I used one a couple times a few years ago - we had a woman on our team who swore by it. I didn't like the feeling at all. My back was arched all funky; i felt like a dolphin being hung by its tail :(

I use the small one-piece foam thingys from either tyr/kiefer (not sure what we have). Actually I am not a big fan of the pull bouys. Whatever they do to make other people faster, it makes me really slow, even when I kick as I normally would sans-bouy. I think my legs get too high and therefore I get no power from any kick. Has showed me how important it is to have the pull and kick work together. Definetely got that hung-dolphin feeling on Monday with a bouy too.