PDA

View Full Version : First Masters Meet questions

blainesapprentice
February 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM
So I have to mail in my meet paperwork for a meet the first weekend in march...

I am registered with the adirondack masters club...but listed as independent...so...on my meet form...do I put adirondack on the form where it says club or what?

And do I need to contact that club...or anything? I know with like USS meets, you coach has to go check the swimmers in...but I don't have a coach...will I need to check myself in at the meet?

---any info would be appreciated. I'm clueless apparently.---

SwimStud
February 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
So I have to mail in my meet paperwork for a meet the first weekend in march...

I am registered with the adirondack masters club...but listed as independent...so...on my meet form...do I put adirondack on the form where it says club or what?

And do I need to contact that club...or anything? I know with like USS meets, you coach has to go check the swimmers in...but I don't have a coach...will I need to check myself in at the meet?

---any info would be appreciated. I'm clueless apparently.---

Morgan I went unattached to my first last week. Just had to check in withthe event coordinators. If you're sswimming under that "Team" name then maybe talk with the coach out of courtesy I guess, otherwise you should be fine.

MichiganHusker
February 6th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I think your "Masters" club is your local Masters because you join USMS through the local programs. Some states have more than one (Michigan for example has only one, but Ohio has two).

Then you have the option of joining a swim team w/ a coach or swimming unattached. If unattached, you can't swim on a relay and I think you must be a member of a team for worlds, but don't quote me on that one.

I also have been told that when I swim out of state, like in Ohio, the Michigan Masters members are all "one team" swimming under Michigan Masters, but this does not apply when swimming in-state.

Hope that helps.

Rob Copeland
February 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Within the Adirondack LMSC there appear to be 2 registration options; 1) join the Adirondack District Masters Swimming club, or 2) register as Unattached. I assume you checked the ADMS box on the membership application form.

When you enter a meet you can either enter ADMS as your club or enter as unattached (even if you are a member of a club). If you enter the meet under ADMS, then you are eligible to swim on relays, as an unattached you can not swim relays.

ADMS is a “super-team” and as such does not have a single coach. You do not need to contact a ADMS coach, but it wouldn’t hurt to do so and introduce yourself. It may get you on relays and help you to get to know more Masters Swimmers.

And yes, you will need to check yourself in for the meet. The coach doesn’t do this, like they do at USA Swimming meets.

GOOD LUCK!!!

chaos
February 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Within the Adirondack LMSC there appear to be 2 registration options; 1) join the Adirondack District Masters Swimming club, or 2) register as Unattached. I assume you checked the ADMS box on the membership application form.

When you enter a meet you can either enter ADMS as your club or enter as unattached (even if you are a member of a club). If you enter the meet under ADMS, then you are eligible to swim on relays, as an unattached you can not swim relays.

ADMS is a “super-team” and as such does not have a single coach. You do not need to contact a ADMS coach, but it wouldn’t hurt to do so and introduce yourself. It may get you on relays and help you to get to know more Masters Swimmers.

And yes, you will need to check yourself in for the meet. The coach doesn’t do this, like they do at USA Swimming meets.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks Rob,
I would go one step further and say ADMS is a Super Duper Team, but then again I suppose I am biased.

Morgan, I hope you will join us for Zones. If you PM me with an email address, I will make sure you are included in the ADMS and Shawangunk Masters newsgroups.

David Barra
ADMS Chair