PDA

View Full Version : 1500m=33, 40k=56, 10k=37 Which of these does not belong?

yzfrr11
February 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I started swimming 3 years ago, having never swam as a child. I have made slow progress, but I am afraid that I will never be competitive. I have gone from a 42 min 1500 to a sub 33 over the last 3 years, but I am afraid that I never be competitive. Any suggestions? Thanks

funkyfish
February 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
First off, as a big 'ol neub (probably not spelled correctly due to my "neubness") myself, I'd like to say welcome from another neub. I'm new to master's swimming and the forum, but not swimming (well, that's probably relative). I'm not good judge on distance times, but like with any competition I sincerely believe the main thing is competing with your own personal best. Almost everyone out there has someone (probably many) who are faster than they are. I'd spend time chasing my own times, doing the best to have fun with swimming, etc. Even the hardcore racers experience the side effect of better health. Now that the Leonard Smalley stuff is written, I'll let the distance experts tell you what you can do to improve your times. Good luck. :banana: