PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you for prayers

swimr4life
February 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I just wanted to let my Masters cyber buddies know how my daughter is doing and thank-you for all your prayers and well wishes.

She had the surgery to remove her ovarian cyst last Friday. The surgery went very well. The doctor blew our minds when he told us her cyst was the size of a BASKETBALL!! We knew it was large but...wow...we had no idea it was that big. Kristy is not a VERY BIG GIRL! WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE WAS COMPETING MUCH LESS DOING HER BEST TIMES LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE! What a trooper. We wonder where she was hiding it!! No wonder she was having pain and pressure. The surgeon had to drain 300 cc of fluid out of the cyst to be able to remove it through her 7 inch incision! The most important news we received was IT IS
BENIGN!!!:groovy: :applaud: :woot: :agree: :wiggle:
I've never been more relieved in my life! The surgeon was able to save 1/4 of her ovary. She came home Sunday...my best birthday present EVER! She is having a lot of pain - both physically and mentally. Her high school state meet is this weekend and she is upset that she can't compete. She missed it last year by .04 seconds and made it this year by 2 seconds! Her teammates brought her her state team shirt, warm-ups, cap and yard sign. That made her smile. She is going to try to go watch the meet....we'll see how she feels. The fatigue and pain sneaks up on her and she gets frustrated. She is not one to be still for very long and hates being slowed down. Considering the circumstances, she is doing GREAT!!. We've rented a bunch of movies and she is teaching me some new card games. We're making the best of it and I'm enjoying spending time with her. Her nickname is Spunky and I think her personality and her strong will that inspired her nickname will help her bounce back ASAP!

Thank-you for all your love and support! Y'all are the best group of people in the world and I can't wait to meet some of you in person one day soon!

Love,
Beth

SwimStud
February 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Beth I had just PM'd you on that. I'm so happy for you all.

jim thornton
February 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Uttterly fantastic news. Tell your daughter she has a lifetime of masters meets to look forward to, and these are MUCH funner than high school meets!

aquaFeisty
February 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Beth - I have followed your story, but never written in. Just want to say - what wonderful news!! Your daughter is a champ and I will continue to pray for her speedy and complete recovery.

Carrie

poolraat
February 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Beth,
I'm glad all is well. Your daughter is young and strong. She'll bounce back in no time.

jim thornton
February 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Beth, or Scarlet, as the case may be.

I tried to reply to your PM a couple weeks ago, but your mailbox was full and my note was denied. You might want to check this--it seems they only let you save 50 PMs now.

Others may have tried to send you notes, too.

knelson
February 7th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, scary stuff. Glad she's OK!

nancytris
February 7th, 2007, 01:18 PM
What fantastic news!:groovy: :groovy: :groovy: I haven't written before this, but have been up to date on your challenges and wanted to simply say YAYYYYYYYYYAYYYYYY

WPSWIMS
February 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Beth,
I am so happy that the surgery came out for the best. I have been thinking and praying for you and your daughter. I hope to visit sometime this spring or summer. Perhaps I will visit my son the weekend of the UGA meet. I would love to meet your daughter...I will come practice at Swim Atlanta and Dynamo when in town.
Keep swimming hard and best of luck.
Winnie

Peter Cruise
February 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Beth- Great news!!!!

The Fortress
February 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I just wanted to let my Masters cyber buddies know how my daughter is doing and thank-you for all your prayers and well wishes.

She came home Sunday...my best birthday present EVER! Her nickname is Spunky and I think her personality and her strong will that inspired her nickname will help her bounce back ASAP!

Thank-you for all your love and support! Y'all are the best group of people in the world and I can't wait to meet some of you in person one day soon!

Love,
Beth

Yipee!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

I'm so glad. I'm not surprised her nickname is Spunky. She sounds like a fighter! Maybe she's an FAF Sista like her mommy, Miss Scaaaaalet.

And did I see a birthday mention? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Having her home safe is the best present ever. Also, I think that means you will be entering my age group, twin, and leaving behind that oh so competitive 40-44 bunch. (Of course the 45-49 group are no slouches either.) Welcome! Now, we can do that 50 fly holding hands for sure!!!

What a relief. I hope Kristy has the speediest recovery possible!

Love, Twin Sista

chaos
February 7th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Beth,
I'm happy for you and your daughter. Wish her a speedy recovery!

newmastersswimmer
February 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated Beth!! (AKA as Miss Scaaaalet) I am soooo glad to hear she is doing o.k. and that the cyst was benign! Sorry she missed her State Championships though.....but I'm sure that there will be plenty more big swimming championships in her future.

Newmastersswimmer

dorothyrde
February 7th, 2007, 02:37 PM
OK, I am blinking back tears on this one. That is GREAT news!:wiggle:

tjburk
February 7th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Beth.....AMEN says it all!!!!! I am so happy for you and specially for your daughter!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!!:groovy: :banana: :groovy: :banana:

swimshark
February 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Beth, I missed the original post about this. I had to add that I'm so happy for your daughter. I hope she recovers quickly and is back in the pool soon.

Where did she have the surgery? I had a possible tumor removed at Northside (Atl.) abotu 6 years ago. They found it through ultra sound but couldn't rule out cancer with all the additional testing. I'm happy to say I had a benign fibroid the size of a tennis ball removed 3 weeks later. Recovery was about 2 weeks and now I'm fine. My doctor, Dr. Peacock, was awesome!

Alison

scyfreestyler
February 7th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Awesome news!

Donna
February 7th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Great News:applaud:

Allen Stark
February 7th, 2007, 10:04 PM
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Great news!!!!!

ensignada
February 7th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering how she was doing.

What wonderful news! Enjoy the relief. Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery.

swim n again
February 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Praise God from whom all blessings come... Amen!:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :cool:

Thanks for the update, we've all be watching and waiting for this good news.

FlyQueen
February 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Since you are my big sister's twin, you must be must sister. GO FAF sisters!

This is great news! I'm glad my sister's daughter is doing well. She has two more years to swim at state, right? I hope she is able to recover quickly and that both the mental and physical pain subside quickly. She sounds like a fighter, so I'm sure she'll make it through just fine.

On the bright side you get to spend more time with her, which I'm sure you both love.

Happy Birthday, too!

I've been thinking about both of you and sending good vibes your way. Hopefully you will both be back in the pool quickly!

Love,
Baby Sis!

FindingMyInnerFish
February 8th, 2007, 08:37 AM
So glad to hear the good news--what a relief for both of you! Wishing "Spunky" a speedy recovery! While it bites not to be able to swim in the state meet, there will be better things ahead! Blessings to you both!

swimr4life
February 8th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I feel so blessed to have such good cyber buddies! Thank-you all! Your posts have brought joyful tears to my eyes and made me realize even more what great people Masters swimmers are!
Lots of love,
Beth :smooch: