PDA

View Full Version : Strapless Goggle

3degree
February 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Anyone ever use these: http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=19&pf%5Fid=2563

That's gotta leave a mark....

SwimStud
February 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Anyone ever use these: http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=19&pf%5Fid=2563

That's gotta leave a mark....
What happens if one drops off halfway through a race LOL...

3degree
February 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
You'd have a mono"ggle"??

Warren
February 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I heard that they dont work.

SwimStud
February 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I heard that they dont work.

they might be good for rec or no diving but I am relieve to take of my strapped goggles when I race. if I'm not diving I don't have as much suction on them.

scyfreestyler
February 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM
That is truly absurd.

aquaFeisty
February 9th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I think I saw an ad with Brenden Hansen wearing these goggles. He's sponsored by Nike, right? It was either in a SwimmingWorld or the USMS Swimmer magazine. I had no clue it was a real goggle... I thought someone had photo-shopped the strap and nosepiece out...

3degree
February 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I can't imagine that the adhesive would last real long in the water.....

or if it did, that it wouldn't remove skin when trying to take it off..... (and or remove the hair from your eyebrows...

poolraat
February 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM
....and or remove the hair from your eyebrows...

You're going to shave them anyway, aren't you? :joker:

scyfreestyler
February 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think...WHY?

FlyQueen
February 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Fiesty I saw that ad, too. He is sponsored by Nike, but yet I've never actually seen any of the Nike swimmers wearing them ... I don't get why anyone would want to use them ...

SwimStud
February 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, Fiesty I saw that ad, too. He is sponsored by Nike, but yet I've never actually seen any of the Nike swimmers wearing them ... I don't get why anyone would want to use them ...

It's a gimmick to take money off of people...

quicksilver
February 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Each pair comes with a vial of Krazy Glue. Safe for extended wear too.

m2tall2
February 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I think I saw an ad with Brenden Hansen wearing these goggles. He's sponsored by Nike, right? It was either in a SwimmingWorld or the USMS Swimmer magazine. I had no clue it was a real goggle... I thought someone had photo-shopped the strap and nosepiece out...

I saw that too and thought the same thing. I think it was in Swimming world.

I wonder how tight the adhesive is. If they do stick well, I imagine they would hurt to take off.

Ivor
February 10th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Have you seen the other cutting edge design that the website sells? This time it's the other way round with a design that has removed the elements that go over your eyes:

http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=19&pf%5Fid=2272

Revolutionary I'm sure you'll agree.

FindingMyInnerFish
February 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Have you seen the other cutting edge design that the website sells? This time it's the other way round with a design that has removed the elements that go over your eyes:

"A secure goggle fit"... for ... um ... their strapless goggles? ;)

Let's see, they also make barefoot simulating running shoes... Nike Free... but "free" has absolutely nothing to do with the price.

I will say I've had good success with their Air Max Moto, and when they just make a doggone shoe, they can do fine. (Well, then there was someone who reported one of the air sacs in a Nike shoe collapsing during a race and ruining the shoe, but I won't go there....)

But again, if they can just get over themselves and put out a product, not a gimmick, they don't do half bad. OTOH, maybe the "lemons" are the price of trying new innovations... Probably some more product testing would make sense, though.

SwimStud
February 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Ivor you're a funny bastard LOL
I'm coming to train with the beavers next trip home...2 laps and then into the bar for the stand up routine.. :D

FlyQueen
February 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Or Nike could focus on making a decent racing/technical suit that doesn't fall apart on the first wear. Anyone notice Kaitlin Sandeno's Nike suits, the letters are always falling off, I know Peirsol's rip frequently, I'd guess Hansen's do too. The Nike suits always look much more cheaply made then their Speedo counterpart.

And, I guarantee Sandeno, Peirsol, Hansen, Lezak, et al are all wearing brand new suits for their big races ...

I LOVE Nike for appareal, excpet swim suits, and for shoes, but not ones to actually run in ...

knelson
February 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Anyone notice Kaitlin Sandeno's Nike suits

Yes I do.

Oops, forget we weren't supposed to talk like that around here...

:joker:

Allen Stark
February 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I tried them,I thought they might be more secure than regular goggles.I couldn't get a consistent seal and if there is any leakage they just fall off. My wife tried them,she didn't like how they fit,but she had no leakage and they held on well,even with a racing dive.

The Fortress
February 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Or Nike could focus on making a decent racing/technical suit that doesn't fall apart on the first wear. Anyone notice Kaitlin Sandeno's Nike suits, the letters are always falling off, I know Peirsol's rip frequently, I'd guess Hansen's do too. The Nike suits always look much more cheaply made then their Speedo counterpart.

And, I guarantee Sandeno, Peirsol, Hansen, Lezak, et al are all wearing brand new suits for their big races ...

I LOVE Nike for appareal, excpet swim suits, and for shoes, but not ones to actually run in ...

I'm never trying those suckers (the goggles). I had enough goggle trouble before I settled on my speed sockets. Except for Nike apparel, I don't like Nike suits or running shoes. I've had runners tell me they suspect an association with stress fractures.

I got that Brendan Hansen flyer ad. What caught my eye (aside from Hansen ;) ) was all the clinics. Some even nearby. I think I threw it out though, so my day-dreaming about breaststroke camps will have to cease.

Had a funny breaststroke moment in practice today. Coach was giving us part of a set for the fast lane with 2 x (5 x 100s) descending on the 1:20 and 1:30. He said if anyone wanted to do breaststroke, we might want to shift lanes. We just looked at him like he was insane and did freestyle and backstroke.

blainesapprentice
February 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I can recall one year in high school we had Nike suits, and apart from the fact that they came super late...they were SOOOO tight. Like we all bought our regular speedo sizes...and we had to jump, stretch and dance around to get in them. And as a result, they got stretched right from teh get go...and our lettering--the nike swoosh and we had PB on our bums...both came off within the first few meets. Needless to say...we never went back to Nike following that year.