PDA

View Full Version : "Pride" advance screening tickets

knelson
February 10th, 2007, 02:17 PM
There will be advance screenings of the movie "Pride" in a many major markets around the end of February. Here's the link with info on requesting tix from USA Swimming: http://tinyurl.com/yv67wr

I don't think it's mentioned on the site, but you can request up to 50 tickets, so perfect as a team social event.

I hope some of you will be able to attend!

Seagurl51
February 10th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Their having a screening in Bellevue (at Lincoln Square) on the 27th and I am cursing school for not allowing me to go!! Stupid studies......:frustrated:

knelson
February 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty excited to see it. I think Bernie Mac and Terrence Howard are both good actors. I requested tickets for the Bellevue screening even though it interferes with my normal practice time :)

Of course here's the big question: are the actors in the film going to be able to swim with good enough technique to not make us cringe?

FindingMyInnerFish
February 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds like something to see. Anyone from the Philly area planning on going to the preview? I thought I'd go. The movie is based on a Philly team. Have heard good things about that program too!

ensignada
February 10th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds like something to see. Anyone from the Philly area planning on going to the preview? I thought I'd go. The movie is based on a Philly team. Have heard good things about that program too!

I'd like to go, but it (like much of my social life) depends on being able to line up a sitter as my husband teaches that night. If I can do it, I'll let you know.

FindingMyInnerFish
February 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I'd like to go, but it (like much of my social life) depends on being able to line up a sitter as my husband teaches that night. If I can do it, I'll let you know.

Fortunately, baby sitters are probably not an issue for me, but it's quite a trek and I have to get home/go to work earlyish next day. But I sent for tix anyway, since the trailer right off made me want to see the film.

btw, nice avatar you have!

Peter Cruise
February 13th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I just heard that there is a new movie coming out to glorify the elite olympic-level noodlers, tentatively titled 'Ker-splash!' Here is a photo snapped on set of the lead actress for the movie...

newmastersswimmer
February 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I just heard that there is a new movie coming out to glorify the elite olympic-level noodlers, tentatively titled 'Ker-splash!' Here is a photo snapped on set of the lead actress for the movie...

posted by The Ranger from The North

That movie sounds like it could be a real Oscar contender Peter. The only problem is that the movie is clearly exploiting the female body with that shameless pic....Flesh peddlers!!

Newmastersswimmer