PDA

View Full Version : PSAC Championships

ensignada
February 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'm taking my daughter on an outing to the upcoming PSAC Swimming Championships in Mechanicsburg, PA. I know that some of you swim on a college team. If any of you are going to be there, let me know, and the little one and I will be cheering you on by name. :applaud::applaud:

Barb

Peter Cruise
February 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Barb- I hope none of the swimmers go out too fast while you're watching- I've seen first-hand what bald eagles do to exhausted salmon...

SwimStud
February 10th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Barb- I hope none of the swimmers go out too fast while you're watching- I've seen first-hand what bald eagles do to exhausted salmon...

LOL Good one.

ensignada
February 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Hey, nature is nature.

I love this avatar: besides looking like one tough customer, doesn't the eagle have that swim cap/slanted goggles/nose clip look?

Peter Cruise
February 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM
It does have that laugh-a-minute look of a butterflyer...

The Fortress
February 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM
It does have that laugh-a-minute look of a butterflyer...

No way. That avatar looks like a male superhero. ;) Or, a butterfrogger with sore knees who is forced to resort to backstroke.

Have fun at the meet, Barb. How old is your daughter?

ensignada
February 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
No way. That avatar looks like a male superhero. ;) Or, a butterfrogger with sore knees who is forced to resort to backstroke.

Have fun at the meet, Barb. How old is your daughter?

She'll be 7 in May. Leslie is her middle name, btw, after my father. I'm taking her to the meet so (1) she can see how the strokes she's learning look like when someones swims fast (can't help her there on the homefront), and (2) to intrigue her a little, keep her enthusiam up for swimming.

There's a nice story about her experience with swimming that I might post up someday. Basically, swimming was the key to getting by a gross motor skill delay that she's worked on with physical therapists for years. She had a huge breakthrough this summer, working her tail off in the water, that translated onto land, and the delay is noticeable only to those who know about it. It's nice to know that our sport did that for her.