PDA

View Full Version : Vanquisher Plus

SwimStud
February 12th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have a size "large" nose piece they would trade with me for a size "medium" or "small," It seems such a waste to toss out old goggles for new ones.

Warren
February 12th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I wear a small nose peice. Id give you my large but I dont have it anymore.

USMSarah
February 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
i wear nike remoras, but they are the same thing as vanquishers... i can mail it to ya if you want to try it out.

scyfreestyler
February 12th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Those are the only goggles I buy and I have a few of those pieces. Mail it to you?

dorianblade
February 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Those are the only goggles I buy and I have a few of those pieces. Mail it to you?

freestyler, do you use the gold, maroon or blue shades?

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
All three actually (not sure about the maroon color though)! I am currently using the non-mirrored blue but I have a spare of the mirrored gold in my bag. Prior to this I was wearing the mirrored blue but I gave those up to my daughter one day when she lost her mirrored Sengar's that I gave her months before. I am still wearing the same Speedo Endurance suit I got over 8 months ago but goggles tend to fail on me within about 3 months.

Slowswim
February 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM

Why? What is so good about them?

Bill

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Bill

They are the second type that I ever tried and they fit me quite well. They never leak when fitted correctly and they are relatively inexpensive. They come in at least three different colors/shades so I can get some variety with the same type of goggle.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I love Vanqs and I had the othe XD ones too for racing. I love mirrored lenses too...it feels like CHiPs but wearing speedos...

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
:cool: Mirrors hide wandering eyes.:cool:

Warren
February 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I prefer clear goggles when racing inside and mirrored outside

Slowswim
February 13th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Thanx, I have a prominent proboscis so goggles bother the bridge of my nose. The best I found is TYR TechnoFlex, but after 30-60 minutes I start to get a head ache.

I will get some ASAP.

knelson
February 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM

I like them, too. They fit me well and last a long time. By the way, Vanquishers are the "normal" goggles. The Vanquisher Plus are just the mirrored lens version.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I like them, too. They fit me well and last a long time. By the way, Vanquishers are the "normal" goggles. The Vanquisher Plus are just the mirrored lens version.

As in Vanquisher plus "Cool Factor" sort or thing?

dorianblade
February 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I'm glad there are a lot of Vanquisher fans here. Does anyone use the speed socket? it seems like the "competition" version of the Vanquisher. A bit tighter, low profile etc. I love it a lot but it does leave a deep "goggle" mark around my eyes after a workout. Does it happen to you too?

The Vanquisher has a higher profile but it is EXTREMLY comfortable and friendly to use. By the way, what's Vanquisher Jr? I was looking for the Vanq plus on SwimOutlet.com but they seem to only have the Jr. version, whatever that means.

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I had some speed sockets but they were not nearly as comfortable as the Vanquisher/Vanquisher Plus. I wound up letting the kids use them at the pool/tennis club this past summer and I think they are now part of the community swim toys basket.

dorianblade
February 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I had some speed sockets but they were not nearly as comfortable as the Vanquisher/Vanquisher Plus. I wound up letting the kids use them at the pool/tennis club this past summer and I think they are now part of the community swim toys basket.

Ha! And to think they cost more then twice the price.

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I am pretty sure that these are the goggles worn by the Speedo sponsored swimmers at Athens 2004 so they are going to be priced accordingly. Just imagine what they could have accomplished wearing something a bit more comfy.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
These are good because you really know if you slip them on upside down...

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Are those the GCG goggles? I was tempted to buy those a few weeks ago but figured I should just stick with what I know.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Are those the GCG goggles? I was tempted to buy those a few weeks ago but figured I should just stick with what I know.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/5722.htm Speedos. Very low pofile no seams. You don't have to over tighten them, but make sure you burp them in otherwise they fill with water and you can't see where you going.

knelson
February 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM
The GCG are like the Vanquishers except they have a slim layer of foam on top of the silicone gasket. I actually like the Vanquishers better. I don't think the foam is any more comfortable than the silicone and the foam packs out after a couple months, thus the Vanquishers are much more durable.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 03:04 PM
The GCG are like the Vanquishers except they have a slim layer of foam on top of the silicone gasket. I actually like the Vanquishers better. I don't think the foam is any more comfortable than the silicone and the foam packs out after a couple months, thus the Vanquishers are much more durable.

I like my vanq and want to use tem in practice. The nose piece I have is too small and digging in to my beautiful nose. It's spoiling my looks. LOL
:drink:

dorianblade
February 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Is it ok to wear Vanquisher upside down? I'm a little OCD so i always make sure i have them correctly but now that i think about it they look pretty symmetrical.

By the way freestyler, i am just about to pull the trigger on all 3 Vanq Plus models from amazon (only $38 shipped). Just to make sure, are there any differences between the blue and gold sight wise? Which do you prefer?

knelson
February 13th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Is it ok to wear Vanquisher upside down? I'm a little OCD so i always make sure i have them correctly but now that i think about it they look pretty symmetrical.

Yes, they're symmetrical. There's no upside down unless you're obsessive that the word "Speedo" is always right side up :)

poolraat
February 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Yes, they're symmetrical. There's no upside down unless you're obsessive that the word "Speedo" is always right side up :)

I'm one of those obsessive ones. I always make sure the word is right side up when I put my goggles on. :dunno: :help:

dorianblade
February 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm one of those obsessive ones. I always make sure the word is right side up when I put my goggles on. :dunno: :help:

Speedo logo is right side up, adjustment strap must be the bottom one.

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 04:02 PM

By the way freestyler, i am just about to pull the trigger on all 3 Vanq Plus models from amazon (only $38 shipped). Just to make sure, are there any differences between the blue and gold sight wise? Which do you prefer?

I don't recall noting any difference when wearing them. That is a good price for 3 pair shipped.

poolraat
February 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Speedo logo is right side up, adjustment strap must be the bottom one.

Of course.

FlyQueen
February 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I'm glad there are a lot of Vanquisher fans here. Does anyone use the speed socket? it seems like the "competition" version of the Vanquisher. A bit tighter, low profile etc. I love it a lot but it does leave a deep "goggle" mark around my eyes after a workout. Does it happen to you too?

The Vanquisher has a higher profile but it is EXTREMLY comfortable and friendly to use. By the way, what's Vanquisher Jr? I was looking for the Vanq plus on SwimOutlet.com but they seem to only have the Jr. version, whatever that means.

I wear the Women's Vanquishers for practice and the speed sockets with a bungee cord for meets/racing ... they are not the most comfortable google but I don't race more than 100 at a time so they work for me ...

I am also OCD with the Speedo being right side up ...

some_girl
February 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
All of you are nuts. The speed sockets are so much more comfortable and never leak. I pay through the nose for them, but they are the only possible option for me.

The Fortress
February 14th, 2007, 11:08 PM
All of you are nuts. The speed sockets are so much more comfortable and never leak. I pay through the nose for them, but they are the only possible option for me.

I couldn't agree mare. ;)

I need to prevent all possible leakage to prevent corneal disintegration.

FlyQueen:

What's with the bungee cord? I don't think you are trying to be Kate Zeigler. But she's the only one I see wearing that thing ... Well, and the age groupers. But, I guess, as my baby sister, you are practically an age grouper.

FlyQueen
February 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I tried it and fell in love with it. If it's good enough for Kate it's good enough for me. I think another masters swimmer had one and I thought I'd give it a go. It's the only way I like my speed sockets and I just prefer it now. I hate the cheap plastic straps ...

The best part of bungee cords is the little antena like things you get. It's a good look!

dorianblade
February 15th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Maybe you should teach me how to put them on cause it ain't working for me. It's extremely tight and leaves "rings" after a short workout. I wish it were comfortable cause its slick and low, but Vanq seems to have everything (aside from the symmetrical thing that messes me up now.)

some_girl
February 15th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Maybe you should teach me how to put them on cause it ain't working for me. It's extremely tight and leaves "rings" after a short workout. I wish it were comfortable cause its slick and low, but Vanq seems to have everything (aside from the symmetrical thing that messes me up now.)

Hm. Maybe you have them too tight? I definitely don't need them to be as tight as other goggles, though I do push them into my eye at the beginning to make a good seal. With vanqs and other goggles, I had to have them tight and re-seal them more often. Or we may just have different faces: I rarely get raccoon eyes, even when my goggles are tight.