PDA

View Full Version : Swim camps/weekends

blainesapprentice
February 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Does anyone here know of any swim camps that are offered for individuals older than 18? I aged out of most swim camps/weekend programs I know of, or once participated in, and have been looking to just attend one this summer or spring for a refresher and a new coaching perspective for a few days.

Any information would be SUPERB:wiggle: :wave:

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I think Walnut Creek Masters has some sort of training weekend that is pretty intense. They say not to sign up with the intention of developing a base/endurance...you need to be ready to swim some hard yardage. However, if you are in NY there would be a 5 hour plane ride just to get you nearby.

SwimStud
February 13th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Does anyone here know of any swim camps that are offered for individuals older than 18? I aged out of most swim camps/weekend programs I know of, or once participated in, and have been looking to just attend one this summer or spring for a refresher and a new coaching perspective for a few days.

Check out Warren's profile he has a link to some place in FL there.

scyfreestyler
February 13th, 2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.teamunify.com/wcm/__eventform__/575_WCMCAMP07.doc

chaos
February 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think there will be an OW clinic during the weekend of the Mashpee 5k.
June 23 Cape Cod

Brian Stack
February 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Stanford used to offer a three day and one week camp for adult swimmers.
They have an ad out now for their age group camps, might be worth a call to the info number to ask.
Total Immersion has had week long camps at Coral Springs over the last couple of years, check out their website.
BTW for anyone interested in the Walnut Creek ITC, register soon it's filling up.

m2tall2
February 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Funny, I just emailed Glenn Mills at the GoSwim website about a similar thing yesterday. I was going to post the same question here today. :cool:

Muppet
February 16th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Funny, I just emailed Glenn Mills at the GoSwim website about a similar thing yesterday. I was going to post the same question here today. :cool:

For the clinics at UMD, masters are invited!
http://www.goswim.tv/productreviews_reviews.php?id=3799_0_19_0_C
:dedhorse: