PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

blainesapprentice
February 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Tomorrow morning we leave for our championship meet--it's METROS at Rutgers University in NJ....

During my warm-up/practice this afternoon I felt pretty darn good...so I'm kinda optimistic about this weekend. The meet doesn't actually start until Friday...tomorrow we just get in...do our personal warm-ups and test out the pools and such.

But lets see my schedule looks something like this:

Friday: Prelims in the morning
200 free relay::(anchor) (9th)
50freestyle (34th)

Evening: Finals
relays get swam again regardless of what place we get because we're the A relay.
Hopefully I will be in the top 24 (top 16 would be nicer) in the 50 free so that I can come back in that...but....I'm going in seated 34th--(but...if I was doing the time I did last year at this meet...I would be seated 6th...so...lets hope and pray!!)

Saturday: Prelims in the morning
200medly relay (anchor-freestyle) (we're seated 11th)

100fly (19th)

--I was originally going to swim the 200free (22nd) but, it is back to back with the 100fly...and prelims the boys and girls swim in seperate pools, so...it was literally back to back, and I don't feel like that would be a great decison despite the fact that those were my two highest seeded events...because my 200free definatly would not have been as strong as it could have been, and there was always the chance that I may not go as strong in the fly...knowing I would be up for the 200free in less than 10minutes....so scratched the 200free.

Evening: Finals
again we have the relay again
(100fly)
and then the last event of the night is the 800freestyle relay (which is only swam once as a final thank goodness)...I'm anchoring that as well at the moment-but since I scratched the 200fr...I hope my coach will let me lead off so I can have a chance at breaking the school record in it, and get a flat start time. (we're seated 9th)

Sunday :Prelims in the morning
100freestyle (30th--but again if I was doing the times I was consitently doing last year I would be 14th or so)
400freestyle relay (anchor) (9th)
Sunday Evening: Finals
(100freestyle)
and the relay again

So thats my weekend.

If you are really bored and want to follow the meet...the link is: http://www.besmarttinc.com/ you just click on meet information on the left side of the homepage and then you can view results from each session or the psych sheets.

Happy swimming All!:groovy: :applaud:

Allen Stark
February 14th, 2007, 08:51 PM
With all the hard work you have done,if you had a good taper(and you said you feel good:banana: ) you should be REALLY FAST. NO LIMITS just go fast and have fun. We'll be rooting for you.:woot:

Warren
February 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM
good luck. why are you :( about being anchor. Thats not the right attitude. Do some viualization, it really works.

blainesapprentice
February 14th, 2007, 09:49 PM
oo i didnt mean to make that face...that was : and then the ( next too each other I guess.. I love anchoring

SwimStud
February 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Go get 'em!!

poolraat
February 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I wish you the best. Good Luck.

The Fortress
February 14th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Morgan:

Good luck. I'm rooting for you. Get your sprinter genes reved up! Back to back events are no good. You made the right decision. I hope you swim great and exceed your expectations. I hope there's some fun thrown in. I will peek at how you do this weekend. Remember to stay off the legs and taper, taper. You know we are all rooting for you! Nothing to do but do it! :groovy: :banana:

newmastersswimmer
February 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Go kick some butt Morgan! Wish you the best of luck! :groovy:

Newmastersswimmer

blainesapprentice
February 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
oh by the way my last name is Schutz and I swim for Saint Rose...if your looking for me on that site.

Muppet
February 15th, 2007, 12:08 AM
GIT 'R DUN
:dedhorse:

waves101
February 15th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Good Luck! I love swimming shaved and tapered. Swim fast and get those records.

FindingMyInnerFish
February 15th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Good luck and have fun! May The Force be with you! :)

nancytris
February 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
With all the hard work you do --- yu won't need luck! But just for the books --- I wish you the best of all luck has to offer. Go get 'em Morgan.:banana: :banana: :banana: (your cheerleading squad)

swimr4life
February 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Repeat after me..."It feels great to swim FAST!" Keep repeating this to yourself over and over. Visualize doing everything right....good start, streamline, no breathing off the start, long strong fast strokes, no breathing into the turn, fast turn with a powerful push off, exploding off the turn, don't breathe until you take at least 4 strokes off the wall, power kick, stay strong, attack, don't breathe into the finish, reach and extend your hand for the wall with your head down, look up at the board and see your BEST TIME!!!.... :applaud: :woot:

Dang....makes me want to race!

Good Luck Morgan! Do it to it!

Muppet
February 17th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Morgan,
I was following your swims at work today... Glad to see your relay did well; and that you had some good splits.
Make sure you kick some butt for the rest of your swims! Go Golden Knights!
:dedhorse:

Allen Stark
February 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
So Morgan,how was it? Looks to me like your relays did better than expected. It also looked like you might be happy with your 100 Free and the 200 on the relay.Did you get the school record in the 200? Let us know.Good Job:banana:

m2tall2
February 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I can't recall what your goal times were. Looks like you did great in the 100 Free. And everything else for that matter.

Good job!

blainesapprentice
February 19th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Hey everyone...I'm back from the wars. Overall I guess the meet was okay, but I still ended the season feeling like this season was somewhat of a wash...seeing as how I ended the season atleast a second slower in every event, if not more, than even just last year. I did improve all my season times though. The relays did pretty good...they kinda make me miss the good ol' days... because I come from a high school 200free relay that went all american and we went a 1:39.20 both our jr and sr years, and so...we just don't have the depth as a team to really put together a stellar relay.

Ironically, the 100free was my most "okay" event, it sat okay with me, and I was fine with the time even though it was 2 seconds off of my time last year....and I went to my coach afterwards and he told me I didn't give heart basically. So the one race that I was happy with...he :blah: and basically biatches me out about. So...as a result...I figured if I wanted to go any faster that evening and finish the season on a good note, I would just not talk to him...and sure enough...dropped a .40ish in finals.

But now I'm just excited to get into shape and swim fast at my upcoming meet. I was talking to my teammates inbetween sessions and we all agreed that this season was too easy and that we never really got into shape....and I totally agree and have been saying that all season, I just never felt as strong as I should have and my stroke fell apart. Definatly the only thing going for me in the sprints is my kick...because I take around 19 strokes per 25 (which is absurd) and it does absolutely nothing...and all I've been told all season by both of the coaches is that my arm speed is too slow. Which is obviously not the case...because 19 strokes per 25 is about 5 strokes too many to begin with...its just that their useless strokes that I'm taking. So I think I'm gonna focus more on long sets and really work on stroke count....(and then theres always the fact that I don't really think i'm a 50 sprinter...I feel much stronger in the 500, 200 and 100).

Oh..and a quote of the meet to leave you on: after watching the prelims of the 50 free and the three heats after me all going faster...someone says..."Wow, they all got so fast this year"... I just looked at this said person whom you might know who it was...and thought what the heck would be the point of working your bum off for 6months...if you never were gonna get faster?

And no...I didn't even come close to the 200free record. The records a 2:00.10 last year leading off the 800free relay I did a 2:00.8... so this year I knew it would have taken a real ball buster miracle race to have gone even close to that time...but I seriously had nothing left.

Thanks for everyones support!:smooch:

Cya at the Pool:cool: