PDA

View Full Version : When is the Madison Open water Swim?

Killer
April 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
I heard there was a race on the lake near Madison this summer. Does anyone know when it is?

dpflyer
April 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Killer ~ There is indeed an open water swim this summer in Madison. The date is Saturday, Aug 18. It will take place in Lake Monona beside the famous Monona Terrace Convention Center in downtown Madison. It will be on the Ironman Wisconsin course featuring a 1.2-mile and 2.4-mile race. This year we will be using timing chips.

Unfortunately we don't have materials ready for posting or e-mailing. When we do we will post a message on the Discussion Forum and at our Wisconsin Masters website: www.swim-wimasters.org

Thanks for asking!

Dick Pitman, Chair, WI Masters
and Meet Director for the 2007 MOWS

Killer
April 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Thank you! I love Madison. I hope to be at that race. I will be looking for it.

davesebastian
August 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Any suggestions for a restaurant with a varied menu? There's a bunch of Chicago Smelts going to hit this race and we need to know where to eat on Friday night before the race. We've got carnivores, vegetarians and lactose intolerants in the group.

We'd rather something other than a chain.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

freestyle94
June 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Any suggestions for a restaurant with a varied menu? There's a bunch of Chicago Smelts going to hit this race and we need to know where to eat on Friday night before the race. We've got carnivores, vegetarians and lactose intolerants in the group.

We'd rather something other than a chain.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi Dave,

We Wisconsin-ites welcome you. There are tons of great places to eat in Madison. One of my personal favorites that could be a hit for all of your menu needs is called The Brass Ring. It is very near to the Capitol and the race venue, has great eats and a super fun pool hall and darts area. There is lots to do for fun and yet the place is casually classy!

Here's a link to the website. It has a link to the menu too. Hope to see you at the MOWS

http://www.thebrassringmadison.com/

ViveBene
July 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
The date for 2008 is Saturday, August 23 (so that no one is confused by the revival of an old thread).

VB

dpflyer
July 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Madison, WIsconsin is proud to host the 2008 >1<3-mile swim in the beautiful Lake Monona, just off the Capitol square, with the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Monona Terrace Convention Center on your right as you approach the first buoy. Beyond the Monona Terrace is the Capitol of Wisconsin which you will see on your way to the finish line.

This year after some complaining :drown: (rightly so) we ordered four (4)
large 60" buoys for the corners, and 16 smaller 24" buoys for the straight-aways:groovy:. We're really looking forward to this event and hope you can put it in your plans! Here's a link to the info/entry form:
http://www.usms.org/longdist/ldnats08/2.4mientry.pdf or you can go to
Active.com -
http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1491243&assetId=5f18e7bc-8be8-4089-91e8-6299f3c09484

Feel free to contact me if you have other questions.

Dick Pitman dpswimmer@gmail.com