PDA

View Full Version : What Time Do You Go To Bed?

Seagurl51
April 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
We've talked about sleep before, but I was curious what time people went to sleep to get all those hours.

I get made endless fun of for going to bed "early" at 10:30 because I get up at 5 to swim. So I was curious for those who swim early (and also others) what time everybody starts the REM?

aquageek
April 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I get made endless fun of for going to bed "early" at 10:30 because I get up at 5 to swim. So I was curious for those who swim early (and also others) what time everybody starts the REM?

You and me both, it's a big running joke of my whole family and all our friends. It borders on annoying, to be honest.

I go to bed as early as I can get away with, usually 9-9:30.

gull
April 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, usually not before 11. I blame this on EST, since many of my favorite shows (which I tend to sleep through) begin at 10. I'm looking forward to living in the cental time zone again, since I get up before 5 to swim.

SwimStud
April 10th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I don't do mornings...I would have a hard time being into swimming if I swam in the am. Even when I used to get up at 5 to go into NYC I stayed up until 11 or so because I'm a night owl...weekends were spent banking sleep.

knelson
April 10th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Usually 11:00-11:30 for me. I don't swim in the morning, but get up for work at 5:40, so that gives me at least six hours of sleep.

aquageek
April 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately, usually not before 11. I blame this on EST, since many of my favorite shows (which I tend to sleep through) begin at 10. I'm looking forward to living in the cental time zone again, since I get up before 5 to swim.

Cmon, man, get the TiVO or the cable company equivalent. 60 minutes in 42, no commercials.

blainesapprentice
April 10th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I am horrible. I try so hard to go to bed by 1130, but rarely does that happen. Normally I look up from my work or procrastination and its after 12 already. During college season I got up every day at 5 19am. Now I need to be at the pool on mon and wed by 530, so i have to get up at 450am...those days I tend to skip, since I am getting so little sleep. I really need something disciplined to get me to bed on time.

SwimStud
April 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cmon, man, get the TiVO or the cable company equivalent. 60 minutes in 42, no commercials.
That's a good idea anyhow...even if it means more TV time and same amount of sleep :D

gull
April 10th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Good point, but I would still miss the crop report on the local news at 11.

poolraat
April 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
You and me both, it's a big running joke of my whole family and all our friends. It borders on annoying, to be honest.

I go to bed as early as I can get away with, usually 9-9:30.

Sounds familiar. I very seldom stay up past 10:00 even on weekends.

I live on the eastern edge of the Pacific zone, and our TV programing is from Salt Lake which carries the same schedule as Central so prime time is over at 9:00. I usually watch the news and Leno's monologue and am asleep by 10:30.

SwimStud
April 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Sounds familiar. I very seldom stay up past 10:00 even on weekends.

Shouldn't this be on the Attaboy thread? Floyd you ol' hound you...

aquaFeisty
April 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
9-9:30 is ideal for me... I'm rarely not in bed by 10. On a weekend, I might stay up till (GASP) 11!

FlyQueen
April 10th, 2007, 02:03 PM
When I was in college my bestfriend and I would stay up and watch the 3am Family Ties then go to bed ... so it was around 4am back then ... I would sleep until 9 roll to class, then go back to bed for a nap or ideally sleep until 11 ... I am a total night owl.

Even now I would like to be in bed by 10:30/11 but on a good night it's 11 ... frequently after 12 ... :shakeshead: I'm thinking of swimming at 5:45 am this summer so we'll see what that does ... (I get up by 6 now)

chickadee
April 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
With our family schedule morning swims work best, but that means packing everything, lunches, clothes swim bag etc the night before and then I am up at 4:30am to get out of the house and over to the pool which opens at 5am. Thankfully, I am a morning person and a few friends swim at that time so it isnt so bad. Then it is right to work from the pool with a quick before school cell phone call to my daughter. So I try to get into bed by 9:30, asleep by 10 which my 9 yr old loves as her bedtime is 9. Now the bigger question is will my husband keep me up with his snoring after all this preparation. :frustrated:

The Fortress
April 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Well, I guess I'm staying up late with the college kids. I never go to bed before 12:00 pm, usually later. Yeah, lately it's been 12:30 or later. Total night owl. I try not to get up before 7:00 am. I would not even consider joining a masters group with early morning practices. But props to those who do! Besides, I have hoardes of children to get off to school in the am. And my kids don't go to sleep early. I have to have some non-kid time in the evening.

If I had my druthers, I'd be asleep at 11:30 and get 7 hours sleep every night. But that is purely wishful thinking.

Have fun getting up at the crack of dawn this summer FlyQueen. :thhbbb: Wait, I shouldn't make fun of you, I think one of my kids is going to have some 4:40 am practices this summer. I'm going to make her quit swimming. Ugh.

Slowswim
April 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm in bed around 1030pm and up by 4:30am. Been doing it for years. When I try to sleep in, I still wake up at 4:30am, lay there a while then will fall asleep round 5:30, and up finally by 7:00am no matter what. I will nap on weekends for 30-45 minutes.

swimr4life
April 10th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I am by nature a night owl! I usually stay up past 12 if I'm not going to morning practice. If I'm going to 5:45 practice I have to get up at 5:15am! I'll try to go to bed between 10 and 11 on those nights. I'm with Fort...I have to have my quiet time!

swimr4life
April 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I'm in bed around 1030pm and up by 4:30am. Been doing it for years. When I try to sleep in, I still wake up at 4:30am, lay there a while then will fall asleep round 5:30, and up finally by 7:00am no matter what. I will nap on weekends for 30-45 minutes.

UGGGHHH......you morning people make me sick! I'm so jealous! :bow:

Slowswim
April 10th, 2007, 04:09 PM

I use to be a night Owl (still am a closet NO), but age has taught me I can stay up past mid-night and be up again by 5am without adjusting somewhere.

When it taper time I'll easily stay up until 1am. :drink:

I still wake up at 4:30am and struggle to get back to sleep.:frustrated:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Karen Duggan
April 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE I really need something disciplined to get me to bed on time.[/QUOTE]

Or someone?! :woot:

I used to get up at 4:20am to be on the deck ready to swim at 4:45. YUCK!!! Since I started Masters in 1993, I have been to maybe ten 5:30am workouts. I just hate it.

My sleeping, or lack thereof, has been responsible for a lot of bad in my life these past few years: meningitis, lots of pneumonia, weight gain, and worst of all, depression... anyway, dealt with it all. I don't have a problem going to sleep, it's just that either the kids, or the dogs, or the cat wake me up 2-3 times/night. So I rarely have a good night's sleep.

I have always required at least eight, preferably nine, hours sleep. How does the song go, "It's over, oh yes, it's over."

Sleep while the sleepin's good!

CreamPuff
April 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Gotta get to bed by 10 PM (at least 5 nights a week) for the 5:45 AM practices. Otherwise, it's an ugly looking, painful practice for me :dedhorse: :dedhorse: ! What's that saying - Early to bed, early to rise, makes one healthy, wealthy, and . . . nerdy, boring, and dead. . . :joker:

globuggie
April 10th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I'm a morning person but a college student, so I have evening meetings or activities at least a few nights a week that keep me from going to bed really early. I swim in the mornings at 7, so I try to go to bed by 11 (usually ends up being between 10:45 and 11:30). That gives me 7-8 hours of sleep on average.

poolraat
April 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Early mornings are wonderful! I'm usually awake before dawn and if I'm not swimming or going to work early I take my coffee on the patio and listen to the morning sounds. I'll usually hear several different kinds of birds including owls, robins, and mourning doves, and sometimes coyotes.
Lately I've been going to work early just so I can get something done before the #*@#!! phones start ringing. And then I swim through my lunch. Mid-day swims are so much better than the early ones.

blainesapprentice
April 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM
if I could find someone to positvely influence me to go to bed on time, I would haha. As it would be, I have yet to find someone like that, rather I have people encouraging me NOT to go to bed, when I try to make wise decisions and head to bed early.

Seagurl51
April 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
if I could find someone to positvely influence me to go to bed on time, I would haha. As it would be, I have yet to find someone like that, rather I have people encouraging me NOT to go to bed, when I try to make wise decisions and head to bed early.

SAME!! My roommates all stay up til at least midnight...and their friggin' loud!!! (but getting better...we've had some..."discussions"...about it;)) My friends all think I'm crazy for going bed early, but really what are you missing. Yet MORE hours of gossip about who's sleeping with who......:rolleyes:

I volunteer to be your cross-country positive influence (and as I sit here skipping class) I encourage to do the right thing and go to bed! hahaha

Donna
April 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I usually get to bed by 9:30 pm and am up and out the door by 4:30 am to make a 5:30 practice.

blainesapprentice
April 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
SAME!! My roommates all stay up til at least midnight...and their friggin' loud!!! (but getting better...we've had some..."discussions"...about it;)) My friends all think I'm crazy for going bed early, but really what are you missing. Yet MORE hours of gossip about who's sleeping with who......:rolleyes:

I volunteer to be your cross-country positive influence (and as I sit here skipping class) I encourage to do the right thing and go to bed! hahaha

Haha well atleast I went to all my classes today:applaud: :agree:

The Fortress
April 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Not me!:rofl: I'm a bad influence. Stay up late. Have fun. Engage in many vices. Rely on caffeine. Catch up on the weekend. Sorry. :D Couldn't resist.

My husband tries to tell me to go to bed earlier, but I ignore him. And I just can't seem to fall asleep early. The sleep programming is too deeply imbedded. Fortunately, he's a night owl too and seems to subsist on 6 hours of sleep fairly easily. (He gets up way, way before me to run and I completely ignore him.)

I agree with Karen. Kids are hell on sleep. The 40s are hell on sleep too as far as I'm concerned.

Twin:

I am not jealous of those morning people! Ugh. Poolraat can keep all his coyotes. I'd rather be a NO and never, ever have to get up early. Since this is not possible, I'm just usually a bit or a lot sleep deprived. But there's always :coffee: .

islandsox
April 10th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I can't help it; I am in bed watching TV by 7:30 pm and asleep between 8 and 8:30. I think it is the heat and humidity here, and lots of swim mileage, so I am just trashed by 6pm. Plus, I get up at 4:00am to do chores because the sun is already up and I am starting to feel the heat by 5 am. But I don't swim until 12 noon each day and swim between 12 and 2, the hottest part of the day because the house is so hot and it is better to be in the cool ocean.

swim4me
April 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I am naturally a morning person. Love my 5:30 am practices!!!!!! Try to be in bed at 8:30 - does not happen often - and do a puzzle until ready to sleep - around 9:00 or 9:30 (I am very high-strung and like the quiet time (no husband or kid, only dog if she stays quiet) to wind down). I go to the evenig practice when I have to catch an early plane and miss morning practice....the whole time I am in the water - 8:15 - 9:00 pm - all I can think about is that I should be in bed, not swimming!!!! I married a night owl - I used to yawn on our dates and he would ask 'Am I boring you?' - still can't believe he married me!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kari
April 10th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Kyra!!! Long time, no talk! How are you? How's swimming?

I usually hit the hay between 10-11, up at 6 AM to swim at 7 AM. I'm like a horse that has to be knocked out though; I take cold medicine and a sleeping pill to knock me out and them I'm not stuck watching too much dumb TV!

Seagurl51
April 10th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Haha well atleast I went to all my classes today:applaud: :agree:

Yea I never go to class...or at least my Developmental Psych class, others depend. That's my biggest struggle with myself. So you got me there.

Les...good advice. I'll keep that in mind. :laugh2: Though, I"m a rarity among college students, I'm not that big into drinking.

I'm kind of a sleep snob too...gotta have my 8 hours!

waves101
April 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
In bed by 10 - 10:30 and up at 5:15 for 6:00am workouts. Even when I try to sleep in (on some wintery weekends) I still wake up at 7:00.

swimshark
April 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm with Donna, somewhat.

On the night before a practice with the kids team, I put my son to bed at 7:30 and walk straight into my bedroom where I'm in bed by 7:50 and the tv is off by 8. I get up just before 4am for a 4:30 practice. The other nights of the week I'm usually asleep on the couch around 9 as a result of getting up at 4am that morning. If I stay up "late" it's 10pm. I'm a morning person, though. I DO mornings (no caffeine, too) :D

Alison

Treebox
April 11th, 2007, 09:16 AM
You can't soar with the eagles if you are out hooting with the owls! An old coach of mine used to claim that the best sleep you get is in the hours before midnight. Not much scientific proof behind it, but it sounded good at the time.

I'm a life long morning person, which paid dividends when I was in the USMC. I can't even sleep in on weekends; just wake up and get moving. Night time is a different story. I can doze off during the best episode of 24!

The Fortress
April 11th, 2007, 10:33 AM
You can't soar with the eagles if you are out hooting with the owls! An old coach of mine used to claim that the best sleep you get is in the hours before midnight. Not much scientific proof behind it, but it sounded good at the time.

I think this is a swim myth. I've swum in plenty of meets on 4-5 hours sleep for various reasons and not done that poorly. :coffee:

Alison: What on earth are you going to do when your kid gets older and don't go to bed at 7:30? :rofl: Teenagers are biologically programmed to stay up later. I have to yank my kids' cell phones away and kick them off the computer and nag for them to turn their lights off every night. Every year it gets later and later. That's why I go to bed late. I have to recover and relax from all that nagging.

Seagurl51
April 11th, 2007, 10:40 AM
We have a pretty good normal distribution of bed times going on (who passed Stats :woot:). I'm a little surprised.

Just as a side, how many people nap? I'm a napaholic.

SwimStud
April 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM
...not early enough apparently...

kristilynn
April 11th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I'm a very unhappy person if I'm not in bed by 9:00. I need 8-9 hours of sleep to act human. I'm up at 4:45 for a 5:15 workout. On the weekends I can usually push my to-bed time until 10, but I just can't stay awake much later than that. Naps for me are extremely rare, but sometimes if I have plans where I know that I'll be out 'til the bars close, I have to sneak one in.

Ivor
April 11th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I train from 9.00pm - 10.30pm for half my sessions during the week so if I can get to sleep before midnight after that I count myself lucky.

Fortunately no weekday mornings to have to deal with though!

knelson
April 11th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Me too. If I have time on the weekend days I'll usually take about a two hour nap in the afternoon. On the weekday nights I don't go to practice I'll usually nap when I get home from work.

Ivor
April 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM

And me. I sleep for the 30 mins on the train home every single day.

swimshark
April 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Alison: What on earth are you going to do when your kid gets older and don't go to bed at 7:30? :rofl: Teenagers are biologically programmed to stay up later. I have to yank my kids' cell phones away and kick them off the computer and nag for them to turn their lights off every night. Every year it gets later and later. That's why I go to bed late. I have to recover and relax from all that nagging.

Good question. I'm hoping by the time we are dealing with a kid who stays up later either my husband will take over all bed time stuff or I'll be able to swim with a different team (with my husband's job we could move at any time). I hope....

Alison

SwimStud
April 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
And me. I sleep for the 30 mins on the train home every single day....have you ever been to Southend at 1am??

3strokes
April 11th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I used to go to bed between 9 and 10pm (2100-2200) and wake up without an alarm at around 0500.

For the last few years however, due to High Blood Pressure and being on Diuretics, I also take an anti-anxiety pill to help me sleep through the night. My body and my eyes tell me to go to bed at around that same time 2100-2200) but, usually, I don't fall asleep before 0100 or 0200. Some nights I won't sleep at all (once every ten days or so). And then no matter at what time I've -finally, if at all- fallen asleep, I'll wake up between 0530 and 0600 but without the energy to rise before 0700 and will occasionally skip the morning swim (for which I would have to leave the apartment by 0730 to make the 0800-0900 session and into work around 0920.)

:shakeshead:

3strokes
April 11th, 2007, 02:40 PM
........ and speaking of naps. Not anymore, but:

Back in Egypt, until 1976, the normal business workday was 0830 to 1300 (1pm) then an afternoon break and work from 5pm to 8pm.

During that 1pm to 5pm lunch-cum-siesta break, I used to go to the club for a swim then home for a good Mediterranean (i.e., heavy) lunch then a two-hour nap before heading back to work (which wasn't too far away). Dinner was usually around 10pm.

Ever since my workday has become 9-to-5, weekend naps are out (as are heavy workday lunches. I actually don't lunch at all; even a light lunch will make my body want to nap.)

:snore: (Closest smiley I found to denote "Sleep-deprived")

Seagurl51
April 11th, 2007, 03:03 PM
........ and speaking of naps. Not anymore, but:

Back in Egypt, until 1976, the normal business workday was 0830 to 1300 (1pm) then an afternoon break and work from 5pm to 8pm.

During that 1pm to 5pm lunch-cum-siesta break, I used to go to the club for a swim then home for a good Mediterranean (i.e., heavy) lunch then a two-hour nap before heading back to work (which wasn't too far away). Dinner was usually around 10pm.

Ever since my workday has become 9-to-5, weekend naps are out (as are heavy workday lunches. I actually don't lunch at all; even a light lunch will make my body want to nap.)

:snore: (Closest smiley I found to denote "Sleep-deprived")

I'm a huge supporter of "America for the Instatement of the Siesta". (made up group, though I'm willin to make it real.) LOVE 'EM!! Just woke up from one......

aquageek
April 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
What's a nap? The last time I napped was when I had my wisdom teeth removed and that wasn't what I'd call enjoyable.

The Fortress
April 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
What's a nap? The last time I napped was when I had my wisdom teeth removed and that wasn't what I'd call enjoyable.

Is "nap" a real word? This is the most profound thing written all day. No dictionary needed.

poolraat
April 11th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm a huge supporter of "America for the Instatement of the Siesta". (made up group, though I'm willin to make it real.) LOVE 'EM!! Just woke up from one......

I think the siesta is the greatest thing ever.
Kyra, we should start a FB group.

aquageek
April 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Do you people work?

The Fortress
April 11th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Do you people work?

I just take massive drugs, stay up all day and night, and feed hungry kids. You?

scyfreestyler
April 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Me? About 10:30 to 11:30 is typical. Fortunately, I don't wake up until 6:30 or 7:00.

The Fortress
April 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Me? About 10:30 to 11:30 is typical. Fortunately, I don't wake up until 6:30 or 7:00.

I went to bed at 11:30 last night too. Very atypical, but rather refreshing. It helped me get a bit of work done in my drug induced state.

Got Boost
April 11th, 2007, 09:32 PM
It is not unusual for me to stay up past midnight during the week. I HATE mornings. My wife's joke is that I am the only person in the world who could go to bed at 9pm or 1am and wake the next morning with the same dispostion. Rotten. I honestly do not know how I was a swimmer for so long. When I was in college it was normal for me to go to sleep after 2am. To this day if I go to bed early I feel I have missed out on something. Unfortunalely I am up and grudgingly moving at 6:45:mad: for work and taking my boy to school.
Got Boost

Caped Crusader
April 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
To this day if I go to bed early I feel I have missed out on something.

Life and nookie.

Caped Crusader
April 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Do you people work?

Such a short reprieve. I guess we will have to go back to revisiting past bad behavior.

islandsox
April 11th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Do you people work?

Nope, already did all that and retired at 54 due to great planning, so now I swim, swim, and swim some more and bother all of yall here with my presence and antics, and I don't nap, rather catnap, because I am light sensitive. And tonight I am up LATE; it's 8:30 PM, so nighty night.

Got Boost
April 12th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Yes I do work, own my own business.
Got Boost

Karen Duggan
April 12th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I'd like to work on taking naps!

The Fortress
April 12th, 2007, 09:13 AM

I'd like to work on taking naps too. But I did sufficient legal work this year, that I paid for a new roof. Now, the roofers are banging away all day long and interrupting my attempt to nap and recover from this dread disease in time for my grudge race.

I went to bed at 12:15 last night. Kid woke me up early before my alarm. Kids are hell on sleep.

newmastersswimmer
April 12th, 2007, 09:56 AM
We have a pretty good normal distribution of bed times going on (who passed Stats :woot:). I'm a little surprised.

Hi...My name is Kyra and I'm a napaholic. LOL!

I have to say that I am impressed with your Stats Knowledge Kyra! As far as naps go....I'm sort of half napping half awake most of the time anyway! I do love naps though. I use to have a couch in my office so that I could nap between classes....Now I just nap while I'm teaching them LOL! (just j/k of course....or am I?)

Newmastersswimmer

Got Boost
April 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I love naps, they allow me to stay up even later.

newmastersswimmer
April 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Great post Karen LOL! Its the best kind of work a person can do right? :rofl:

Newmastersswimmer :groovy: :banana:

aquageek
April 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Life and nookie.

Is this supposed to be funny or relevant or even moderately acceptable?

knelson
April 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Lighten up, Francis. I thought it was both moderately funny and relevant...and probably true.

SwimStud
April 12th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Lighten up, Francis. I thought it was both moderately funny and relevant...and probably true.
...you just made the list buddy..

swimr4life
April 12th, 2007, 12:36 PM

"Lighten up Francis.".....one of the best movie quotes in the world! We say that a lot at my house when someone is being too serious!

swimr4life
April 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
UGGGHH! I tried to go to bed earlier than usual last night. I actually got in bed around 10:30 and read til I got sleepy...around 11:00. It took me about 45 minutes to go to sleep. I woke up around 2:30 WIDE AWAKE! I think I am a vampire!

SweetGirl
April 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM

I thought it was funnier and more relevant than questioning whether someone was working.

Lighten up Francis! That was hysterical, KNelson. :applaud:

aquageek
April 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I thought it was funnier and more relevant than questioning whether someone was working.

My point was that between two working adults and young kids we haven't seen a nap here in years. Maybe you should lighten up, or get a job, either is fine.

I hold steady that references to genitalia aren't needed on this forum. Then again, I'm easily offended.

SwimStud
April 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
My point was that between two working adults and young kids we haven't seen a nap here in years. Maybe you should lighten up, or get a job, either is fine.

I hold steady that references to genitalia aren't needed on this forum. Then again, I'm easily offended.

Isn't it past your bedtime?
:banana: :rofl: :banana:

Treebox
April 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like Sgt Hulka (another Stripes reference that Geek probably doesn't understand) ought to put his 'big toe' (and another) up someones arse. Or is that too close to genitalia.

"Shut up and swim" is often heard coming out of my mouth at masters workouts.

Tree

:drink:

aquageek
April 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds like Sgt Hulka (another Stripes reference that Geek probably doesn't understand)

Really - is that a fact, Jack?

SwimStud
April 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Really - is that a fact, Jack?

"Oh, I wish I was a loofah..." best line in movie!

The Fortress
April 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Not that again. :dedhorse:

You gotta break down and buy a dictionary. There are more words in it than appropriate and inappropriate.

I guess the 10,000 posters that mentioned naked relays on the swimming festival thread finally got to you. Or else your dog bit you. Or something. :dunno: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

scyfreestyler
April 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Not that again. :dedhorse:

You gotta break down and buy a dictionary. There are more words in it than appropriate and inappropriate.

I guess the 10,000 posters that mentioned naked relays on the swimming festival thread finally got to you. Or else your dog bit you. Or something. :dunno: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

A friggin men Fort! I myself am getting tired of toeing this line of right and wrong, appropo and inappropo. It's just not fun anymore. How about we take up a collection to buy geek a dictionary? I'll give my paypal info if anybody is interested!

SwimStud
April 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
A friggin men...
Please refrain from discussing religion on the forum...
;)

swimr4life
April 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Oh lighten up Francis!:rofl:

The Fortress
April 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Please refrain from discussing religion on the forum...
;)

He's obviously not discussing religion. He's discussing "men."

My experience with men is that they generally go to bed later than their wives and complain about how early their wives go to bed. My twin vampire and I do not fit this stereotype. What about a vampire avatar, Beth?

jim clemmons
April 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Naps, I love naps. :snore: Most weekends I get one or two :snore:; sometimes I have to leave work to get one :snore: if I've been training heavily.

Before more important meets, I'll schedule timeoff work in the afternoon a couple of days in advance of the meet, to catch up on sleep via naps. :snore:

Seagurl51
April 12th, 2007, 03:23 PM
sometimes I have to leave work to get one :snore:

You're my hero.

Slowswim
April 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Naps, I love naps. :snore: Most weekends I get one or two :snore:; sometimes I have to leave work to get one :snore: if I've been training heavily.

Before more important meets, I'll schedule timeoff work in the afternoon a couple of days in advance of the meet, to catch up on sleep via naps. :snore:

I'm not worthy....:bow:

swimr4life
April 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
He's obviously not discussing religion. He's discussing "men."

My experience with men is that they generally go to bed later than their wives and complain about how early their wives go to bed. My twin vampire and I do not fit this stereotype. What about a vampire avatar, Beth?

My husband defintely goes to bed before me!

Fort...I think the vampire avatar is a great idea but, I dont know if I can give up my UGA!

The Fortress
April 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
My husband defintely goes to bed before me!

Fort...I think the vampire avatar is a great idea but, I dont know if I can give up my UGA!

OK, OK, I know you're just afraid of the wrath of HWMNBN if you take down that DAWG. But if I take down my roadrunner, it might sadden Peter. He might get insomnia or turn to pinot grigio. Oh, he's not even on line. He's probably napping. I'll put one up. The things one must do for a sister ...

aquageek
April 12th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I myself am getting tired of toeing this line of right and wrong, appropo and inappropo. It's just not fun anymore. How about we take up a collection to buy geek a dictionary? I'll give my paypal info if anybody is interested!

Out of curiosity, knowing you live close to the ocean, when you go fishing, do you normally catch scrods so easily with your bait? With all your new pals, I bet you got a poem up your sleeve.

The Fortress
April 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Out of curiosity, knowing you live close to the ocean, when you go fishing, do you normally catch scrods so easily with your bait? With all your new pals, I bet you got a poem up your sleeve.

Not again. :dedhorse:

So many insults in just two sentences. When I checked the dictionary, posters were not "scrods." Nor were poets. And do not be insulting my twin.

Go take a nap, please. :frustrated: And maybe some good drugs for whatever is ailing you.

Rob Copeland
April 12th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Kyra,
Thanks for bringing up this interesting thread. Unfortunately it has collapsed into thinly veiled personal attacks.