PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

geochuck
April 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Here comes another one.

My wife and I have always been lucky on Friday the 13th.

To us only good things happen.

How about you???

The Fortress
April 13th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I am REALLY lucky today. I am not swimming the 1000 or 1650 freestyle tonight. I found a pair of diamond earrings this morning that I thought I had lost forever. I can even breathe a wee bit. And I have a nap planned despite being Draculina. :woot:

3strokes
April 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I never really believed that Friday the 13th could be a "bad" day; moreover I like the number 13, but ..............

Last year I took my car for its Oil change and Winterization. It was October, Friday the 13th. The stub of my claim ticket was number 1310.
The attendant asked me if I wanted a different number. I told him I was not superstitious.

Twenty minutes later the job that should have cost me some $40, ended up costing me some $400. They had found something wrong with the brakes.

So, was Friday the 13th good for me (in that they found something that, if unrepaired, could have caused a tragedy?
Or bad (in that I had to -unexpectedly- fork out a large-ish sum)?

Karen Duggan
April 13th, 2007, 05:11 PM
It has always been lucky for me too.

newmastersswimmer
April 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Here comes another one.

My wife and I have always been lucky on Friday the 13th.

To us only good things happen.

How about you???

I've been having a pretty good one so far (knock on wood!) Of course most Fridays are good for me since it means the beggining of a 2 day vacation!

Glad to hear you and your wife have been lucky on these days Goerge! of course how can things go bad when you're constantly traversing the globe and what not.

Newmastersswimmer

Newmastersswimmer

strong440
April 14th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Never had a problem with Friday the 13th's. Until yesterday, that is, now that you mention it. Can you believe that I got a DQ in both the 400 IM and the 200 Butterfly on and got 2nd in the 200 Freestyle at the YMCA Masters Nationals in Indianapolis? Oh, yeah, there were two of us in the 200 Free. Today was better, with a negative split in the 100 Free, and a 2nd out of three!

tjburk
April 14th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Never had a problem with Fri the 13th.....In fact after having been divorced, met my current wife and we both agreed to get married on Fri the 13th 2001 out at the beach - Tybee Island, GA - We had both been married before and followed all the rules......din't work.....so we said to heck with the rules and did everything wrong together!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

islandsox
April 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Friday the 13th is a wonderful day; I was born on a Friday the 13th and have had accidents galore ever since. And my first marriage was on a Friday the 13th and happily it went away 5 years later.:drink: