PDA

View Full Version : Scam in a Private Message

3strokes
April 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I have just received a variation of the Nigerian
Bank scam in my private messages. How do I report it
(If there is a venue other than this posting)?

matysekj
April 15th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I saw two bounced email notifications for this PM scam and took care of that account. That's a new one here. If it happens again from anyone else, please forward the PM to me.

3strokes
April 15th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I saw two bounced email notifications for this PM scam and took care of that account. That's a new one here. If it happens again from anyone else, please forward the PM to me.

Will do. Thanks

Peter Cruise
April 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
You mean I don't really have an opportunity to get rich, if I just do a small service?

FindingMyInnerFish
April 16th, 2007, 01:35 AM
You mean I don't really have an opportunity to get rich, if I just do a small service?

Not to worry--just post your e-mail addy and they'll get right in touch with you! ;)

3strokes
April 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Peter Cruise;87777

On a (very rare) slow day at work, I'll reply to them, thanking God for the opportunity he has sent my way but telling them that I have just emigrated to this country and that the $100,000 I managed to smuggle in past Currency Control were not declared and that I could, therefore, not open a bank account. Then I ask them, to send me a money order in my name for the minimum amount needed to open an account in Canada with a letter saying that it's an inheritance and that as soon as I opened the account with their deposit, I would be able to put in my own illegal $100,000

On several occasions they could not read the sarcasm between the lines and thought they had "caught one". They would reply to me, with tricks and suggestions on how I could open an account where I could deposit my $100,000 (and then give them access to it in order to receive the $17,000,000 to 35,000,000 they promised).

I would usually just stop responding, but it was always good for a few laughs.

Peter Cruise
April 16th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ahmed- you're awfully comfortable quoting large sums of money in a frivolous manner. Perhaps you work for the Federal gov't?

3strokes
April 16th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Peter Cruise;87924
Ahmed- you're awfully comfortable quoting large sums of money in a frivolous manner. Perhaps you work for the Federal gov't?

I wish !!!!!

Actually this reminds me of one such Nigeria scam email where they were offering to share some 15 million (more or less). In my reply, I told them to smarten up, that I wasn't fooled by their scam. I also told them that other scammers were offering more than double that and that if they wanted to make a coup they should up the ante.

Would you believe that about a week later I received the same email from them (same details, same names) except that they had indeed followed my advice and doubled the amount.......?

FindingMyInnerFish
April 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I wish !!!!!

Actually this reminds me of one such Nigeria scam email where they were offering to share some 15 million (more or less). In my reply, I told them to smarten up, that I wasn't fooled by their scam. I also told them that other scammers were offering more than double that and that if they wanted to make a coup they should up the ante.

Would you believe that about a week later I received the same email from them (same details, same names) except that they had indeed followed my advice and doubled the amount.......?

Well, hey, you can't say you haven't influenced the course of events in high financial circles. ;)

SwimStud
April 18th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Nice Try Jim...we all know you gotta pay for that Fastskin somehow!

:rofl: ;)