PDA

View Full Version : MLB Party at Nationals!!

Seagurl51
April 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone! In case you haven't been reading the Nationals party thread, we're gonna have a little get together Friday, May 18, at the Mariners game in Seattle after the meet that day. The game starts at 7:05 at SafeCo field in the SoDo part of Seattle. Lots of signs, easy to find if you dont' know where it is.

If you're interested in going either post it here with how many people from your team you think will want to go or send me a PM. If you could let me know for sure by the end of the week it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna call the Mariners office and see if we can get some kind of group rate on tickets. So the sooner I know the sooner I can get a block of tickets. I'm hoping that they'll let us block out a section (like hotel rooms for a wedding) that way you have a certain day to buy tickets by and one person doesn't have to pay for them all up front and have the possibility of getting stuck with unused tickets and a huge bill.

There's more info on the other thread, or post here and I'll try to answer questions. I guess I'm the unofficial organizers so just let me know and I'll help ya out as much as I can!!!

Hope to see everybody there! :drink:

Karen Duggan
April 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
WCM has about 10 going at this point :)

imspoiled
April 23rd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Kyra-

Please count me (and my hubby) in!

As for organizing...First, THANKS! Secondly, do you have a PayPal account? If so, you could get everyone who's coming to send you money for their tickets via PayPal. You'll get an exact headcount & not get stuck having to pay out-of-pocket. Just a thought.

Dana

Seagurl51
April 23rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
Hi Kyra-

Please count me (and my hubby) in!

As for organizing...First, THANKS! Secondly, do you have a PayPal account? If so, you could get everyone who's coming to send you money for their tickets via PayPal. You'll get an exact headcount & not get stuck having to pay out-of-pocket. Just a thought.

Dana

PayPal is a great idea! I e-mailed the Mariners office last night so I'll wait to see what they say, but that's definately a good option. If I haven't heard from them by early next week, I'll set up an account.

Seagurl51
April 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
So this totally rocks my world!!! Mariners have a Group Management function that will allow us to block a section then buy individual tickets for it! So all I need is a the best estimate of a head count I can get and I'll set it up. Then I'll post the link, you can buy the tickets online, print 'em out and kick it at the game!!!!!!

geochuck
April 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I am not going to compete but maybe I can go to this party. I am very involved in business and am having trouble getting into the pool. A mariners game sounds good have you reserved a section yet.

Seagurl51
April 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
That'd be great if you can make it George!!!

I haven't reserved a section yet, but I'm going to really soon. I want to give people til the end of the week to talk to their teammates and get in a head count so I know how many seats to reserve.

poolraat
April 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
So this totally rocks my world!!! Mariners have a Group Management function that will allow us to block a section then buy individual tickets for it! So all I need is a the best estimate of a head count I can get and I'll set it up. Then I'll post the link, you can buy the tickets online, print 'em out and kick it at the game!!!!!!

This sounds great, Kyra. We're looking forward to it.

Seagurl51
April 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I was planning on calling the Mariners office Friday, so if you haven't talked to me and still want me to include your group let me know. As of now, Karen's bringing 10, ImSpoiled and Poolratt have 4, my team has about 10 so I'm going to reserve probably 30 seats. Let me know if I need to get more!!!

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM
OK, so I called the Mariners office and blocked out the tickets. Their in the nose bleeds :( but right behind homeplate, so they still be ok. SafeCo really doesn't have bad seats either.

So what they're going to do is e-mail me an address that if you want to purchase tickets you send that address a blank e-mail and they'll send you the link to buy tickets online.

According to people I've talked too, we have 30 going for sure, so I blocked 40 seats. The extra seats are limited, so if you want to go then let me know quick. We have to return all unused tickets 48 hours before the game.

So basically if you want to go, then send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the link as soon as I get it. It might make it easier too, if you give me the e-mail address of all your teammates that want tickets too, so that way we don't have to worry about forwarding or anything.

Yay!! Hope to see everyone there!!!!

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Forgot to add, that now we (United States Masters Swimmers) have a group account with the Mariners office so if anyone else wanted to do this later with a large group it should be really easy to set up again.

Peter Cruise
April 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Kyra- even though I'm not going to the meet, or sadly, the game, let me say I've been impressed by your efforts and I'm sure everyone is very grateful and will treat you to libations at the game. (Broad hint to those attending)

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Aw...thanks Peter. :)

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Many libations for you Grasshopper Kyra. You're not swimming right?!?

Seagurl51
April 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Many libations for you Grasshopper Kyra. You're not swimming right?!?

Nope. I'm just gonna hang out on deck and yell real loud.

I don't know if I'll go everyday, but hopefully. I'm leaving about a week after Nationals end for the whole summer and I want to hang out with my dog for bit.

Seagurl51
April 30th, 2007, 01:45 PM
The Tickets are ready for order!! We have 10 extra, so if you still want to come let me know. It also shouldn't be a big deal to block more seats if we have more than 10 who want to come. Just let me know and I'll tell you how to order them!!

I e-mailed everyone with instructions how to order if you already gave me your e-mail so if you get a message from someone @vandals.uidaho.edu, it's me and not spam so don't delete it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

mermaid333
April 30th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Hi to all you regular forum posters...

I have been more of a lurker (only 2 posts to my credit) but this side-trip sounds too fun to miss. And since some of you are from the Colonies Zone I want to make sure I get to meet you...

Kyra - will you PM me the link so I can order two tickets? I'll be with my husband and NO KIDS!

(Hey Imspoiled - my coach changed our dinner plans to Thursday so now I'm hopefully coming to the game!)

Thanks!

- Alexis aka mermaid333

Seagurl51
April 30th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Yay more people!!! Yea this is pretty much gonna be the best party ever. I wouldn't miss it either. :laugh2:

I sent it to you Alex!

Seagurl51
May 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
*bump*

Has everybody gotten their tickets?!?! It's only a week away!

I need to know if you told me you were going and aren't now, so I know how many tickets to return.

We have 9 extra so if you didn't talk to me originally, but still want to come then you can and totally should!!!

imspoiled
May 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I got mine!!! :party2: :party2: :party2:

Karen Duggan
May 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Kyra,
I've got to do some finalizing.
We lost a few (some not going to the meet at all, injuries and stuff). Kerry O'Brien's wife does not want to go to the game, so they're out.
I think we have:
Me, Patty, Deb, Roque and Debbie, Gene Hart, and that's all. I have to call Roque and Debbie today to check.
Thanks for the reminder :)

Seagurl51
May 11th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Kyra,
I've got to do some finalizing.
We lost a few (some not going to the meet at all, injuries and stuff). Kerry O'Brien's wife does not want to go to the game, so they're out.
I think we have:
Me, Patty, Deb, Roque and Debbie, Gene Hart, and that's all. I have to call Roque and Debbie today to check.
Thanks for the reminder :)

Ok! Just let me know for sure how many you have going by Tuesday. I have to cancel the tickets by Wed. and I need to know how many to return so I don't give up someone's seat!

poolraat
May 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Ok! Just let me know for sure how many you have going by Tuesday. I have to cancel the tickets by Wed. and I need to know how many to return so I don't give up someone's seat!

I got mine and am still planning on being there.

Karen Duggan
May 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yea, Poolraat. :cheerleader:

See you there!

knelson
May 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I hope you guys have fun! Friday night is Felix Hernandez bobblehead night, by the way. I'm going to the Saturday night game, so I'll miss all of you, but hopefully I'll meet some of you at the pool. I'll have to highlight the heat sheet for forum members so I catch some of your swims.

SwimStud
May 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Don't forget your cameras gang... ;)

Seagurl51
May 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I hope you guys have fun! Friday night is Felix Hernandez bobblehead night, by the way.

My brother told me this last night and was very upset when I said I wasn't sure we'd be going early enough to get some. Apparently I just don't understand....:dunno:

Seagurl51
May 14th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Don't forget your cameras gang... ;)

We'll take racy pictures just for you...:hug: :mooning:

talne621
May 14th, 2007, 03:06 PM
if you still have tickets i would like to go. my email is talne621@eden.rutgers.edu . also, would someone be able to drive me to the game.

Karen Duggan
May 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM
WCM is either leaving from the pool or the Marriott. We may be able to give you a ride.

SwimStud
May 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM
WCM is either leaving from the pool or the Marriott. We may be able to give you a ride.

Do you think you can manage to swing through CT on the way and pick me up too? :bouncing:

Karen Duggan
May 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I will be there for two weeks in August, is that too late? :thhbbb:

SwimStud
May 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I will be there for two weeks in August, is that too late? :thhbbb:

For what? ;) It's never to late for me...

OK you asked for that one lol

Karen Duggan
May 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
How does one spell incorridgable? S-W-I-M-S-T-U-D. :lmao:

(I really don't know how to spell it, anybody know?)

Seagurl51
May 14th, 2007, 07:05 PM
We can totally work out rides. Parking is crazy expensive on game day (figure $20 or higher) so the more people in a car the cheaper it becomes. I know my team will probably car pool, but we can definately accomodate those who need it. There is a bunch of people going so I'm sure we can work something out.

On to Nationals biz.....since I'm not swimming I expect everyone to come and visit me. I'll be with the Moscow Chinooks (maroon and baby blue shirts).

talne621 is sent you a PM with instructions how to buy tickets.

See everybody in a few days!!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

poolraat
May 14th, 2007, 07:46 PM
YOU ARE AMAZING!

See ya there.

knelson
May 15th, 2007, 12:14 AM
We can totally work out rides. Parking is crazy expensive on game day (figure $20 or higher)

It all depends on how far you're willing to walk!

If you're really cheap--like me--you can park in the International District or south of the stadium along Alaskan Way/E Marginal Way for free. The trick in the ID is to get there right when the parking meters become free at 6 p.m.

Seagurl51
May 15th, 2007, 02:17 AM
It all depends on how far you're willing to walk!

If you're really cheap--like me--you can park in the International District or south of the stadium along Alaskan Way/E Marginal Way for free. The trick in the ID is to get there right when the parking meters become free at 6 p.m.

Oh that's good to know! I know that the farther from the stadium you are the cheaper it is, but I dind' tknow about the free meters. Isn't that kind of a long way though? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place....Is that down by the dock?

talne621
May 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
i got a ticket. cya there.

knelson
May 15th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Oh that's good to know! I know that the farther from the stadium you are the cheaper it is, but I dind' tknow about the free meters. Isn't that kind of a long way though? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place....Is that down by the dock?

The International District is east of the stadium. The other place I mentioned is west--just on the other side of the Alaska Way Viaduct.

Anyway, it's probably not the best choice for this particular outing with lots of people who probably aren't all that familiar with the area. However, if you walks just a few blocks I think you'll be able to park for quite a bit less than $20 per car.

Seagurl51
May 15th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The International District is east of the stadium. The other place I mentioned is west--just on the other side of the Alaska Way Viaduct.

Anyway, it's probably not the best choice for this particular outing with lots of people who probably aren't all that familiar with the area. However, if you walks just a few blocks I think you'll be able to park for quite a bit less than $20 per car.

Oh ok, but good to know for future reference. :)

Karen, did you get your tickets? Would you let me know how many you end up buying for sure. I have to return the extras tomorrow around like 11. (PST)

Seagurl51
May 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Turns out I don't have to return the extra tickets, they automatically go back into their inventory about 24 hours or so before the game. So there's all day today and probably a bit tomorrow to still order them.

We have 5 extra tickets so there's room for more!!!!

jim clemmons
May 17th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Do you have 3 tix available still? What would be the easiest method of picking them up?

Seagurl51
May 17th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Do you have 3 tix available still? What would be the easiest method of picking them up?

There might still be tickets available, I'm not entirely sure when they recycle back into the inventory. I PMed you the instructions of how to get to them.

Seagurl51
May 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Well, yesterday was the game and it turned out great! (at least I hope everyone thought it turned out great). Would have been better if the M's won, but I still had fun so hopefully y'all did too. I have no idea how many people we had there but it seemed like a lot. It's so hard to pick out swimmers in real clothes. ;)

We didn't make it on the jumbotron, but we did get recognized on the scoreboard!!!

newmastersswimmer
May 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well I'm glad you guys had a good time! Sounds like a lot of fun and I wish I could have been there.

Well, yesterday was the game and it turned out great! (at least I hope everyone thought it turned out great). Would have been better if the M's won, but I still had fun so hopefully y'all did too. I have no idea how many people we had there but it seemed like a lot. It's so hard to pick out swimmers in real clothes. ;)

We didn't make it on the jumbotron, but we did get recognized on the scoreboard!!!

Seagurl51
June 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Thomas got an awesome pic of what y'all missed at the baseball game!!!

SwimStud
June 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Thomas got an awesome pic of what y'all missed at the baseball game!!!

Well when you see

"SwimStud is in the House" on the ticker at times square we'll call it one up!

Heheh seriously I hope you all cheered like good drunk and rowdy swimmers when that came up.

Seagurl51
June 6th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Well when you see

"SwimStud is in the House" on the ticker at times square we'll call it one up!

Heheh seriously I hope you all cheered like good drunk and rowdy swimmers when that came up.

When that happens I'll give you props, but til then I got the hook-ups and rule this war!

I yelled nice and loud. :)