PDA

View Full Version : So

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
This is where the cool kids can hang out?
;)

Karen Duggan
April 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yea, it's kinda like detention! :groovy:

Muppet
April 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
:dedhorse: :banana:

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
there's going to be a lotta cut n paste going on haha

swimmieAvsFan
April 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
this is good!
i had meant to suggest something like this to jim m. at the zone dinner, but never did have a chance. only cause i saw that collegeswimming.com has a miscellaneous category, and thought it was a good idea.
:)

The Fortress
April 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
So I wonder if SR posts will decline?

What about the "Women Are Trouble" thread? Shouldn't that be here too? Or the "Meaning of Swimming?" Or what about Kyra's thread "Not related to swimming by any stretch of the imagination and open to hijacking." Get right on that Jim. LOL.

No swearing?

islandsox
April 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
So I wonder if SR posts will decline?

And they haven't yet? :joker: Sitting over here kinda reminds me of flying first class; not many folks yet.

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 06:37 PM
And they haven't yet? :joker: Sitting over here kinda reminds me of flying first class; not many folks yet.

Mile high club Donna? :hug:

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! !! This Is Soo Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Roddin
April 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
This is where the cool kids can hang out?
;)

Must be. Just wanted to check in :banana:

I guess this is the wrong place to talk about my mile swim in 54 degree water last weekend, huh?
Jules

Karen Duggan
April 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
You can absolutely talk about swimming here! WE ARE NOT SNOBS.
Hmm, well maybe we are. This could be the Penthouse of the Forum. :groovy:

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 07:27 PM
This could be the Penthouse of the Forum. :groovy:

With a special private elevator and everything.......and a hot door man........

Karen Duggan
April 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Aaron Peirsol is our door man?!? :woot:

quicksilver
April 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I heard that Britney's hair is starting to grow out very nicely.

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Oh I could really tee-off now!!

I'll leave it for KD...

FlyQueen
April 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Aaron Peirsol is our door man?!? :woot:

Sounds fab! I suggested this eons ago and was told no ... hmph!

quicksilver
April 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Oh I could really tee-off now!!

Golf is bad for your back.

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Golf is bad for your back.

....and temper and self-esteem.....

Swimmy
April 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Great a new playground! We asked for this a long time ago.
Only fun people allowed!
Swimmy :)

blainesapprentice
April 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM
....and temper and self-esteem.....

my parents made me take golf lessons for several years. That did absolutly nothing for my temper or self-esteem. :rofl:

dorothyrde
April 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Speaking of Britt
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267485,00.html

quicksilver
April 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
She has hair envy at the moment.

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 10:33 PM
my parents made me take golf lessons for several years. That did absolutly nothing for my temper or self-esteem. :rofl:

YEARS?!?! UGH!! I took it for a semester so I could impress a guy....(my ex-bf who is actually a prfoessoinal and shoots a 73 on 18 holes...I shoot that on 9 :(). I only do it now cuz my brothers and dad do...and any competition with my brothers I can't pass up.

poolraat
April 24th, 2007, 11:10 PM

I bet it taught you how to swear like a longshoreman. :rofl:

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I bet it taught you how to swear like a longshoreman. :rofl:
Went golfing with my cousin.. I hacked one into the rough. I go over to play it but I swin and the grass moves allowing the ball to drop so I miss it. This happened 4 or 5 times and my cousing is laughing...so I pick the ball up and throw it up the fairway towards the green...at his point my cousin just about pissed his pants...
:joker:

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 11:15 PM
There are times when I've thrown the ball farther than I can hit it...and I'm not a good throw. Try to avoid kicking though...those little balls hurt!

aquaFeisty
April 25th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I played golf when I worked at the refinery... even did the league because it provided an acceptable reason to leave work at 4:00 on Tuesdays. I suck at golf.

This is a cool forum. :)

blainesapprentice
April 25th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah I never was much good at golf...I don't have the right hand eye coordination, I miss the ball more times than I don't. My mom took me and my brother out on the course a few times...and damn was that a mistake...we slowed EVERYONE down..had to let pretty much the whole world pass us....and it was miserable--I actually was enjoying it until my mom yelled at us to knock it off and get serious.

quicksilver
April 25th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I once took all the clubs out of the bag...except for the driver and the putter. The void was filled with a case a of beer.

To my surprise and to the hard core preppies who played that day...I scored as well as they did. And they played all the time!

Hey Rich....

Britney in a bindi seeks Hindu blessings for her baby. (from todays Hindustan Times)

swimmieAvsFan
April 25th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah I never was much good at golf...I don't have the right hand eye coordination, I miss the ball more times than I don't...

i bet you never managed to trip yourself (with a club) while at the driving range... :rofl:

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 09:23 AM
i bet you never managed to trip yourself (with a club) while at the driving range... :rofl:

I finished a hole once with a 1ft putt and then reached down to retrieve the ball and somehow managed to twirl my putter up and then have the head come down and whack me on my head...I swear I looked at it in the mirror and it said "WILSON"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ensignada
April 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM
One of the things I love about swimming is that there is no ball.

I tried tennis when I lived in Germany (it was all the rage). I took lessons and played with my boss, who had the patience of a saint, but I was so bad. I tried golf when working for a company where you got to leave early to play in the gold league (reason enough for me). I sucked at it. I can't even hit a ball when it's not moving. I put so many in the water, I started buying used range balls. The upside was that my teammates loved me because of my handicap. :dunno:

tjburk
April 25th, 2007, 09:44 AM
What disease did Cured Ham actually have? Inquiring minds want to know!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joker:

Ivor
April 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM
This could be the Penthouse of the Forum.

I completely misinterpreted the above comment.

That is all.

swimr4life
April 25th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Went golfing with my cousin.. I hacked one into the rough. I go over to play it but I swin and the grass moves allowing the ball to drop so I miss it. This happened 4 or 5 times and my cousing is laughing...so I pick the ball up and throw it up the fairway towards the green...at his point my cousin just about pissed his pants...
:joker:

Rich, I bet there is never a dull moment at your house. Your wife must laugh constantly. I love a good sense of humor. I think that is one of the reasons I fell in love with my husband! He can just look at me sometimes in a funny way and make me laugh. I know I've told you this before but...your sense of humor is a lot like his! Very quick and sometimes in the gutter!:thhbbb:

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM

That is all.

naughty naughty Ivor!!

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Rich, Your wife must laugh constantly.

Beth please stop publicly remarking on my sex life. I told you those things in confidence....

LOL ;)

Karen Duggan
April 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I actually like to play golf, but I suck. I can hit my 8 iron farther than my driver! My husband has never and will never play golf with me.

I took a semester with my dad at the JC near by. Cute guys, who knew? One of 'em actually helped me a lot.

Golf is a sport of hilarity in my family. My dad often hits it off the tee straight up in the air. It goes farther up than out. I call him "sky king". I am notorious for "worm burning"- that's when you hit the snot out of it, but alas, it goes right along the top of the grass. I laugh every time I do that!

My most impressive moment, and there aren't many, was thus. I was in the middle of the fairway. I hit the ball, it hit a tree about 40 yards to the right (not in the direction of the hole!) bounced off the tree, and, I kid you not, landed in my hand. I fell down on the fairway, howling. My brother, who's a really good golfer, just shook his head.

Luckily, for golfer safety everywhere, I haven't played in about 7 years!

blainesapprentice
April 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM

true. but....I did hit myself in the back of the head w/ one at the indoor range:dedhorse:

Ivor
April 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
naughty naughty Ivor!!

Just to confirm, that means you don't now want to see the topless pictures of me, right?

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Just to confirm, that means you don't now want to see the topless pictures of me, right?

hahah I can come to the pool and see all that manflesh live!

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM

That is all.

Don't sweat it Ivor. I came to the same conclusion too. I'll bet most guys did.:banana:
</IMG>

Leonard Jansen
April 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Don't sweat it Ivor. I came to the same conclusion too. I'll bet most guys did.:banana:

Actually, I read the messages for their content; not the pictures.

-LBJ

knelson
April 25th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I miss the ball more times than I don't.

And you took golf lessons for several years? Yes, I think we conclude golf might not be your forte! :D

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Actually, I read the messages for their content; not the pictures.

-LBJ

I liked the jokes! There are pictures!?!

Seagurl51
April 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I liked the jokes! There are pictures!?!

hahahaha...I still think Playboy has the funniest jokes of any magazine.

3strokes
April 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Seagurl51;89321
hahahaha...I still think Playboy has the funniest jokes of any magazine.

Playboy has jokes?

blainesapprentice
April 25th, 2007, 03:10 PM
And you took golf lessons for several years? Yes, I think we conclude golf might not be your forte! :D

certainly it is not.

Seagurl51
April 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
It does indeed! Playboy party jokes. Usually a few pages after the centerfold, toward the back of the magazine. They're hilarious!!:rofl:

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I remember years ago that Playboy would hide the Trademark bunny on the cover like a "where's Waldo".

Don't know if they still do it.

Kyra: Whats a Center Fold??

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I remember years ago that Playboy would hide the Trademark bunny on the cover like a "where's Waldo".

Don't know if they still do it.

Kyra: Whats a Center Fold??

Do you think the bunny's ears are fake?

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Do you think the bunny's ears are fake?

They're probably air-brushed like the swim suit models in the Kast-a-way catalog.:joker:
</IMG>

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 03:52 PM
They're probably air-brushed like the swim suit models in the Kast-a-way catalog.:joker:
</IMG>

OMG the two people in the picture near the front pretending to do butterfly is so funny...

Karen Duggan
April 25th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Aaaaa (crunch, crunch, crunch) what's up doc?

Bugs has REAL ears.

Perhaps we should start a mag for both sexes of USMS. We can call it....

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Bugs has REAL ears.

...Mammas 'n' Jammers

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Bugs has REAL ears.

Swim at own risk - No Life Guard

3strokes
April 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Seagurl51;89345
It does indeed! Playboy party jokes. Usually a few pages after the centerfold, toward the back of the magazine. They're hilarious!!:rofl:

My question "Playboy has jokes?" was really tongue in cheek.
Back, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaack
when I used to sneak a look at my Dad's Playboys, the jokes
-if memory serves- where usually on the back of the middle
page of the Centerfold. The Cartoons (equally good) were all over.

Now, with the Internet being (practically) free, that's where
I get my..........................
................................jokes.