PDA

View Full Version : This is How I Avoid My Work

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I just wanted to make a new thread because, you guessed it, I'm avoiding work. YAY! So I thought it might be kinda fun to share different ways we take little mini-mid-day-vaca's from life. Obviously the forums and FB provide endless amounts of entertainment, but what else?

Any fun websites? Daydreaming (I'm a huge daydreamer....gets me into trouble probably)?

Post then get back to work! :dedhorse:

dorothyrde
April 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I just wanted to make a new thread because, you guessed it, I'm avoiding work. YAY! So I thought it might be kinda fun to share different ways we take little mini-mid-day-vaca's from life. Obviously the forums and FB provide endless amounts of entertainment, but what else?

Any fun websites? Daydreaming (I'm a huge daydreamer....gets me into trouble probably)?

Post then get back to work! :dedhorse:

This is blocked at work:mad:

SwimStud
April 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I can't believe you guys have time for this at work...

*ahem*

dorothyrde
April 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I can't it comes up with a message of chats and sexual content cannot be viewed at work. It makes me guilty for even attempting to see if the block is down(which sometimes it is, hehe).

poolraat
April 24th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I called in sick one afternoon to go fishing. Hey, what can I say. It was a beautiful spring day after a long, cold, dreary winter.

Seagurl51
April 24th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I called in sick one afternoon to go fishing. Hey, what can I say. It was a beautiful spring day after a long, cold, dreary winter.

I called in once to go snowboarding then when I was sore the next day I played it off as body aches from the illness. And I've skipped school to go boarding too....best day ever. Sun, no crowds, 6 inches of fresh powder....it was amazing.

blainesapprentice
April 25th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow, and I can't stop checking away messages, coming on here, checking all my e-mail accounts, facebook and myspace. It's a horrible habit.

Slowswim
April 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I have been going to the doctor for my shoulder so I schedule it at 1 pm so with the hour drive, visit time, I just don't have time to get back to work.

Bad news no real shoulder problem so no more Doctor visits.:frustrated:

No wait that's good news!!!:drink:
</IMG></IMG>

Got Boost
April 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I am avooiding work now doing this. The nice thing about having your own business is you can install all sort of time killing programs on your computer. :applaud: Thank God for computer illiterate mircomanaging uncles
Got Boost

imspoiled
April 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow, and I can't stop checking away messages, coming on here, checking all my e-mail accounts, facebook and myspace. It's a horrible habit.

Morgan--try procrastinating until about 8 PM, then consuming a few Monkey LaLas. That was my recipe for a getting past serious writers block and churning out a killer paper. Seems the Monkey La las help to free the mind so the BS (not-breaststroke) flows freely. Add a few resource cites & you're golden!

Good luck-
Dana

P.S. Work is what I do to pay for swimming (and shoes). If anyone tried to research the amount they pay me vs. the ACTUAL amount of time I spend doing actual work at work (instead of reading the news, my horoscope, forums, etc)... well, let's just hope that idea never occurs to TPTB.:lolup:

SwimStud
April 25th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Morgan--try procrastinating until about 8 PM, then consuming a few Monkey LaLas. That was my recipe for a getting past serious writers block and churning out a killer paper. Seems the Monkey La las help to free the mind so the BS (not-breaststroke) flows freely. Add a few resource cites & you're golden!

Good luck-
Dana

P.S. Work is what I do to pay for swimming (and shoes). If anyone tried to research the amount they pay me vs. the ACTUAL amount of time I spend doing actual work at work (instead of reading the news, my horoscope, forums, etc)... well, let's just hope that idea never occurs to TPTB.:lolup:

I want to be Dana...

3strokes
April 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM
dorothyrde;89112
I can't, it comes up with a message of chats and sexual content cannot be viewed at work.

You mean this happens when you try to access any external site or only USMS.org? (of course, when the word "pole" appears so often, this could cause a filter to block access). :)

Where I work (a Travel Agency) I can't block anybody from surfing (I could; I'm the IT-man but I won't. They have to go out to access Airlines, Hotels, Cars, Vacation Packages, Country Info, etc...