PDA

View Full Version : Great movie quotes...

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
"The world must be peopled!" Kenneth Brannagh in some Shakespeare movie!

"I feel the need for speed." Tom (Scientology) Cruise 'Top Gun'

"Ka-chow!" Lightning McQueen 'Cars'

"Amok, amok, amok, amok!" Sarah Jessica Parker 'Hocus Pocus'

"Who's the commander of the U-boat?" some guy in 'Risky Business'

I'll be back. Gotta get the chillins' to bed :)

"Sir, they've jammed the radar!" Michael Winslow 'Spaceballs'
"You idiots! You captured their stunt doubles." 'Spaceballs'

"Asps, very dangerous. You go first." John Rhys-Davies 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

Seagurl51
April 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM
OMG!! You had to bring up movies..........oh man....where to start........

"Know and respect your enemy." ~XXXX in Layer Cake
anything Van Wilder says
"I'll kill you with my teacup."~Riddick
"You're killin' me Smalls!" ~Sandlot
"I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany." ~Ron Burgendy
"Rule number 76 make no excuses play like a champion." ~Wedding Crashers
"Nothing's impossible Charlie."~Grandma Georgina
anything from The Godfather movies, or any Scorsese movie, or Scarface

Oh man............there's so many I don't know if I can think of any more.......

swimr4life
April 26th, 2007, 11:47 PM
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care!" Office Space

"It's just a flesh wound!"
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

"Fire away and fall back." (The Long Riders)

"It's a bit nipply...I mean nippy in here!"
"It couldn't be much hooter...I mean hotter in here!"
Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation

"That there Clark's an RV."
"Save the leg for me Clark!'
"Sh*!!er's full. I'm just pumpin' the sh*!!er."
"That's the gift that keeps on givin'."
Cousin Eddy in Christmas Vacation

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" Talladega Nights

"You complete me."
"You had me at hello"
(Jerry MacGuire)

swimr4life
April 27th, 2007, 12:03 AM
"You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair." (Anchorman)

"Lighten up Francis" (Stripes)

"Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth." (Talladega Nights)

"See if you can guess what I am now."
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
"FOOD FIGHT!"
"Thank-you Sir! May I have another!"
" Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
(Animal House)

I love silly, funny movies with no deep social meaning. I just like to laugh! Can you tell? :thhbbb:

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 12:03 AM
"Who slept? Are you crazy?" 6 Days 7 Nights
"What we have here is failure to communicate." Cool hand Luke
"I'm havin' more fun than a tornado in a trailer park!" Mater (Cars)

swimr4life
April 27th, 2007, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=poolraat;89784
"What we have here is failure to communicate." Cool hand Luke
[/QUOTE]

OOOOOH! Good one! We say that at my house all the time! That is a very good movie!

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Talladega Nights was sheer comedy! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. His whole spcheel about the Baby Jesus had me rolling.

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 12:21 AM
"As you wish"
and
"Hello. My Name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die."

swimr4life
April 27th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Talladega Nights was sheer comedy! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. His whole spcheel about the Baby Jesus had me rolling.

I LOVE THAT MOVIE TOO!!! The "little 9lb baby Jesus" speech he gave was sooo funny. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe! :rofl:

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I LOVE THAT MOVIE TOO!!! The "little 9lb baby Jesus" speech he gave was sooo funny. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe! :rofl:

ME TOO! I was leaning back in my desk chair and almost fell out.

I actually did fall out of my seat, several times, during the second Jackass movie, but that's not really quotable.

The Fortress
April 27th, 2007, 12:37 AM
OOOOOH! Good one! We say that at my house all the time! That is a very good movie!

We use the "What we have here is a failure to communicate" line all the time in my house!!!

I must also confess that Lil lil Fort had to go to Talladega Nights because everyone in the family (and some kids' friends) had to go see it. Mommy guilt. LOL.

Ivor
April 27th, 2007, 04:39 AM
"As you wish"
and
"Hello. My Name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die."

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...!"

Can't we just start a thread of favourite Princess Bride quotes?

/Inconceivable

Leonard Jansen
April 27th, 2007, 06:42 AM
"For a man who has lived but one lifetime, you are very wise, Dr. Van Helsing" - Bela Lugosi, Dracula (1931)

"Oh, your mother's pretty nice about some things. (under breath: ) Other things she's not so nice about at all." - W.C. Fields in The Man on the Flying Trapeeze.

Kathleen Howard: "Ambrose! Wake up! There are burglars singing in the cellar!"
W.C.Fields: "Really?! What are they singing?"
-The Man on the Flying Trapeeze

"I like to watch." - Peter Sellers in Being There

"You can't fight in here - this is the war room!" - George C. Scott, Dr. Stranglelove

"That's our Hitler!!!" - Zero Mostel, The Producers

-LBJ

blainesapprentice
April 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
"Nobody put Baby in the corner" Dirty Dancing

Jesus: "I saw you looking at me from across the room"
Nina: "I'm blind"
Jesus: "Oh, I knew there was a reason"
--Music from Another Room (1998)---p.s. if you guys haven't seen this movie---do yourself a favor and rent it this weekend, such a good movie, this quote really does no justice for the movie-it's such an endearing movie.

Viola De Lesseps (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000569/): You have never spoken so well of him before
William Shakespeare (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001212/): He was not dead before
--Shakespeare in love

Mr. Darcy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532193/): So this is your opinion of me. Thank you for explaining so fully. Perhaps these offences might have be overlooked had not your pride been hurt by my honesty...
Elizabeth Bennet (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461136/): My pride?
Mr. Darcy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532193/): ...in admitting scruples about our relationship. Could you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
Elizabeth Bennet (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461136/): And those are the words of a gentleman. From the first moment I met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others made me realize that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.
[they look at each other for a long time as though about to kiss]
Mr. Darcy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532193/): Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

and

Mr. Darcy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532193/): You have bewitched me.
--Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version...gosh Mr. Darcy--he bewitches me:-/:-))

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 08:01 AM
"Oh, Eddie, I couldn't be any more surprised if I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet."
Clark Griswold Christmas Vacation

the best in this movie for me though is (yeah I cheated and cut n pasted to save time):

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny FLIPPING Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a$$ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse."
-Clark Griswold

and

"...where's the Tylenol?"

chaos
April 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
i'm the dude. from the big lebowski

for those of you who haven't seen it, here is the condensed (2 minute) version.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gU2ZgaQ_H-Y

thewookiee
April 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee"- Leia

"I can arrange that..."-Solo

Yes, there is a bit of bias here.

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 08:31 AM
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee"- Leia

"I can arrange that..."-Solo

Yes, there is a bit of bias here.

"Laugh it up fuzzball!" - Han

"Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side kid!" -Han, again.

Bias here too... ;)

aquaFeisty
April 27th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Christmas Vacation (I love that movie):
"Look kids, a deer!" ... as Chevy Chase flips off the guy that just cut them off. My parents used to use that for my sisters and me all the time.

Best in Show:
"We were both sooo fortunate to have been raised on mail order catalogs."
"We like to talk... or not talk. We can talk or not talk forever and still finds things to not talk about!"
"We both like soup."
"Then I started naming nuts. You got your peanuts, your walnuts, your pine nuts, your macadamia nuts, boy that one'd drive Mama crazy, the macadamia nuts."

Spaceballs (perhaps these are a bit risque... don't read on if you're going to be offended - my little sister and I used to run around the house and quote lines from this movie to each other. She was only 7... ah, those were the days!)
"I'm surrounded by a$$holes! Keep firing, a$$holes!"
"It's Mega-Maid sir! She's gone from suck to blow!"
"Yogurt! I hate yogurt! Even with strawberries"
"oooh, your helmet is sooo big!"
"That's my virgin alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do!"
"Only one man would dare give me the raspberry... LONESTAR!"
"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate." "So what does that make us?" "Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become!"
"Snotty beamed me up last night. It was wonderful!"

"It's Spaceballs 1. They've gone to plaid!!" ... this is what happens when Spaceballs goes to Ludicrous Speed. I posted a monster sign over my desk at the refinery that said "They've gone to plaid" and would just roll my eyes and look at it when the latest proclamation came down from management.

ensignada
April 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM
This is Spinal Tap
Ian:The Boston gig has been cancelled...
St. Hubbins: What?
Ian: Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.

Overboard
Annie: I don't belong here, I feel it, don't you think I feel it. I can't do any of these vile things and I wouldn't WANT to. Oh, my life is like death. My children are the spawn of hell, and you're the devil. Oh God.
Dean: But baby, we LIKE you.

Young Frankenstein
Dr. Frankenstein: Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?
Igor:[doing a Groucho Marx] Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban.

Dr. Frankenstein: Put... the candle... back!

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
OH the quotes the Big Lebowski offers.....such a lovely movie!!

"Well, I figured since you're here, and I'm here isn't it more like our time. And what's wrong with a little grub on our time?" ~Spicoli

swimr4life
April 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM
"Oh, Eddie, I couldn't be any more surprised if I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet."
Clark Griswold Christmas Vacation

the best in this movie for me though is (yeah I cheated and cut n pasted to save time):

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny FLIPPING Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a$$ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse."
-Clark Griswold

and

"...where's the Tylenol?"

YES!!! I LOVE THAT QUOTE TOO but I couldn't remember it!

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM
YES!!! I LOVE THAT QUOTE TOO but I couldn't remember it!

ready the spare room Beth, we'll all be arriving on the evening of the 23rd of December...

:rofl:

swimr4life
April 27th, 2007, 10:11 AM
OH the quotes the Big Lebowski offers.....such a lovely movie!!

"Well, I figured since you're here, and I'm here isn't it more like our time. And what's wrong with a little grub on our time?" ~Spicoli

"Eating some pizza, learning about Cuba!" - Spicoli in Fat Times at Ridgemont High".... one of the funniest movies of all time! I think I've watched it 30 or more times!

shark
April 27th, 2007, 10:20 AM
i'm the dude. from the big lebowski

David,

"one of these days you are going to have to accept the fact that, yes, you are a Moron"

"I am the gatekeeper of my own destiny and I will have my day in the sun."
Nacho Liebre

Treebox
April 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
"You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails in Caddyshack

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." same

"I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while." Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) Caddyshack

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. (Carl again.)

And the best swimmer related Caddy shack quote:
Carl: "Do you have a pool?"
Ty: "A pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you. Natural spring water."
Carl: "Anything would be good."

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
"You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails in Caddyshack

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." same

"I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while." Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) Caddyshack

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. (Carl again.)

And the best swimmer related Caddy shack quote:
Carl: "Do you have a pool?"
Ty: "A pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you. Natural spring water."
Carl: "Anything would be good."

It's a cinderella story here at Augusta. The crowds on it's feet.....and I don't remember the rest, but it's hilarious!

thewookiee
April 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
For future meets, if I get the pleasure of swimming against any or all of you...remember this quote...

"No one worries about upsetting a droid"- C-3PO

"That's because droids don't pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees do" -Solo

"Let me suggest a new stratergy R2, let the Wookiee win"-C-3PO

So just remember that as we step up on the blocks....lol

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
more from C3P0:

"...The possibility of succesfully navigating an asteroid field is 3720 to 1!"

or to relate to swimming...

"...The possibility of SwimStud successfully navigating a perfect bacstroke turn is 3720 to 1..."

:banana:

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
"Nice beaver." Leslie Nielsen 'Airplane'

"You crackin' wise, SnackShack," Mickey Rooney 'Night at the Museum'

Most things in Bull Durham (I love that movie):
"Anything that flies that far oughtta have a stewardess on it!" Crash Davis (Kevin Costner)
"It' like he knew I was going to throw heat." Nuke LaLouche
"He did."
"Huh?"
"I told him."

And when he floods the field to get a rain out: "OMG, we got ourselves a natural disaster" and they proceed to run and play around the bases in the water- soooo much fun :)

MegSmath
April 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
The Court Jester: "The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

The Inlaws: "Serpentine, Shel, serpentine!"

Moonstruck: "Snap out of it!"

When Harry Met Sally ...: "I'll have what she's having."

The Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Blazing Saddles: "Excuse me while I whip this out."

Body Heat: "You aren't too bright. I like that in a man."

Casablanca: "We'll always have Paris." "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." "Here's looking at you, kid." "Round up the usual suspects." "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

A Christmas Story: "You'll shoot your eye out."

A League of Their Own: "There's no crying in baseball!"

To Have and Have Not: "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."

shark
April 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
"It's good to be the king!" History Of The World Part I

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM

"Thank you. I just had it stuffed" :rofl:

Ivor
April 27th, 2007, 12:19 PM

I hate to be a pedant, but that was in Naked Gun, not Airplane. Trust me - I have a great interest in beavers.

'I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.' That's Leslie Nielsen from Airplane.

As you were.

Slowswim
April 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
"Are you gonna skin that smoke wagon or just stand there bleeding?" Wyatt Earp

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM
"Are you going to draw them pistols or whistle Dixie?" The Outlaw Josie Wales

knelson
April 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Slap Shot has been woefully omitted from this thread so far. Here are a couple:

"You can only drink so much, and screw so much." Swoosie Kurtz (she plays one of the players' wives)

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him..." said by Jim Carr, the radio announcer

If you haven't seen it, one of the absolute great sports movies of all time. Not exactly suitable for children, though!

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
"Sergeant, you get that contraband stogie out of my face before I shove it so far up your a$$, you'll have to set fire to your nose to light it." -'Gunny' Highway (Clint Eastwood) Heartbreak Ridge

Kari
April 27th, 2007, 01:21 PM
"Do you promise NOT to marry me; and do you think that's something you can do for the rest of your life?" -Four Weddings and a Funeral

Kari
April 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM
"I can 'derelick' my own balls...." Zoolander

"....uh...Derek, what people?"
"I don't KNOW! People who need help....." Zoolander

"WHAT IS THIS???? A SCHOOL FOR ANTS????" Zoolander

shark
April 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
"Are you going to draw them pistols or whistle Dixie?" The Outlaw Josie Wales

"Buzzards got to eat same as worms."

Slowswim
April 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
"What Knockers!" "Why, thank you." Young Frankenstein

tjburk
April 27th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Anything from Full Metal Jacket.....most have too many expletives though!!

aquaFeisty
April 27th, 2007, 02:06 PM
"I can 'derelick' my own balls...." Zoolander

"....uh...Derek, what people?"
"I don't KNOW! People who need help....." Zoolander

"WHAT IS THIS???? A SCHOOL FOR ANTS????" Zoolander

Oh GREAT MOVIE, Kari!!

"I bet you didn't even think I knew what a eu-google-ley was!"

newmastersswimmer
April 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Since Meg Smath mentioned Blazzing Saddles.....Remember this one from Blazzing Saddles: "We're going to need a sh#t load of dimes!" quoted by Slim Pickens.

Bork

tjburk
April 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Kong:

Survival Kit contents check. In them you will find: one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings -- shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.... :rofl: :rofl:

Leonard Jansen
April 27th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Night at the Opera:
Margaret Dumont: "You just love me for my money. Would you love me if I was poor?"
Groucho Marx: "I might, but I wouldn't say anything."

Monty Pyhton and the Holy Grail (Michael Palin):
"Listen, strange women lying in ponds, distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government.
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from
the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.
If I went round saying I was an emperor because some
aquatic bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me
away."

-LBJ

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
"Who are those guys?" Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

aquaFeisty
April 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great! If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate!" - Monty Python's Meaning of Life

tjburk
April 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Bring out your dead.......Monty Python

SwimStud
April 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Bring out your dead.......Monty Python

I'm Not Dead!....Monty Python

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
How could we not mention:

"Bond, James Bond."

"Do you like my little octopussy?"

Or how about Austin Powers:

"It's not mine. I don't need that." referring to penis enlarger!

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 02:49 PM
"Yea, baby!"

"I thought I smelled cabbage."

"It's not the size mate, it's how you use it."

~Austin Powers

tjburk
All I asked for was sharks with freakin lazer beams attached to their heads.....tell me.....what do we have......

Sea bass....

Evil Sea Bass?

SwimStud
"I'm dead sexy, me!"

knelson
April 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Monty Pyhton and the Holy Grail (Michael Palin):
"Listen, strange women lying in ponds, distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government.
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from
the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.
If I went round saying I was an emperor because some
aquatic bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me
away."

"I'm your king"
"Well I didn't vote for you."

imspoiled
April 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Kari, thanks for getting the Soolander in there....

Dodgeball: "No one makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!"

Old School: "Ear-muffs."
Frank (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071/): I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.
College Student: A big day? Doing what?
Frank (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071/): Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

"You're my boy, Blue!"

Office Space:
Michael Bolton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0379114/): Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619651/): You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0379114/): There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent a*s clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619651/): Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0379114/): No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Peter Gibbons (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515296/): Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
Bob Porter (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932750/): Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515296/): Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

***This last one seems to resemble my day since joining the forum...a-hem, cough...

Quotes culled from IMDB.com

newmastersswimmer
April 27th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School: "Vonnegut Your Fired!"

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I love Back to School. He has a classic line when, at the beginning, he finds his wife "cheating" in the closet, but I can't remember it! There's also, "How come I got an F?"
"This person knows absolutely nothing about Kurt Vonnegut!" :rofl:

I cheated. I've been on moviequotes.com. I found some goodies:

Ace Ventura
"You really love animals don't you?"
"If it gets cold enough."

Air Force One
As Harrison Ford tosses the evil sprinter, uh, I mean terrorist from the plane he yells, "Get off my plane!"

Arthur (Dudley Moore)
"Usually, one must go to the bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature."

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
"We named the dog Indiana."
"The dog? The dog? You are named after the dog?!"

In and Out (one of my favorite all time movies with Tom Selleck and Kevin Kline) This scene happened right after Tom kissed him in the intersection and Kevin starts to believe he is gay after all.
"This is my Peter, my friend Peter! We just now ran into each other, here at the intersexual... homosection... intersection!" :rofl: :rofl:

In and Out (Matt Dillon to anorexic, model girlfriend)
"There's a diner down the road. Eat something. I'm begging you. You look like a swizzel stick!"

Stripes
"Am I to believe that you men completed your training on your own?"
"That's the fact Jack!"

Turner and Hooch
"Don't eat the car! Not the car!"

What a fun site..... funny funny lines

imspoiled
April 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ooohhh, Karen, I forgot about "In and Out".

My favorite is the kids in the locker room after the "outing"....
Mike: It's the human body. It's divided up into in-holes and out-holes. Stuff is supposed to go in the in-holes and out the out-holes....."

Boy: Wait. So is your mouth an in-hole?

Mike: Right 'Cause you put burgers in it and brew....Unless you're sick, and puke. Then, it's an out-hole, so it's wrong.

Seagurl51
April 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Ok...this is actually from a psychological study about swimmers and social loafing, but I think its hilarious.........

"After everyone had finished swimming their last laps, the team members were gathered together for the purpose of distributing questionnaires. However, due to an unforseen incident (2), the experimenters forgot to administer the questionnaires.

(2) All three experimenters were thrown into the pool fully clothed by the tired but still enthusiastic swimmers."

MegSmath
April 27th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I cheated. I've been on moviequotes.com.

I cheated too, Karen! I went to AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Movie Quotes. According to them, the #1 movie quote is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 04:27 PM
A classic to be sure :)
Good one!

Slowswim
April 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
"I just don't think is sound Navy policy to turn a billion dollar piece of equipment over to a man with "Welcome Aboard" tattooed on his P...." ADM Grahman

"May be we should pull in so you can put out!?" CDR Dodge

"You ever bet on a sure thing and the horse gets a cramp?" Spots

All from: Down Periscope

Kari
April 27th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Oh GREAT MOVIE, Kari!!

"I bet you didn't even think I knew what a eu-google-ley was!"

LOL! I LOVE that movie!!!!! "Earth to Brint....." "Earth to Meekus.....I knew it was a joke I just didn't get it yet!"

"Oh I'm sorry; did my pin come on contact with your ass???? Lose five pounds immediately or leave my building!!"

3strokes
April 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM
According to them, the #1 movie quote is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

I liked the old Mad Magazine's take on this one.
They comment, "We thought her name was Scarlett, not Frankly."

poolraat
April 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Okay all you Californians...I'm surprised you didn't post this one....

"I'll be back."

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM
We just don't want to think about it!

gull
April 28th, 2007, 09:47 AM
From Things to do in Denver When You're Dead:

"Life goes by faster than any summer vacation."

and

"Boat drinks!"

From Field of Dreams:

"Is this heaven?"

"No, it's Iowa."

From Braveheart:

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives."

And of course, from A Cry in the Dark:

"The dingo stole my baby!"

swim4me
April 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
"Frankly my My Dear, I don't give a damn!" - Rhett Butler

"I'll think about this tomorrow, afterall, tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett O'Hara

3strokes
April 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Here's looking at you, kid.

3strokes
April 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
..........that were attributed to a movie but were not really said in the movie:

"Play it again, Sam."

From Wikipedia:

Allen was fully aware that Bogart never actually said "Play It Again, Sam" in Casablanca. The title was chosen due to its clichéd familiarity.

3strokes
April 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I can't remember the name of the movie but I seem to recall Groucho Marx saying,

"It was a photo-finish but by the time my horse arrived,
it was too dark to take photos."

swimr4life
April 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM
"Frankly my My Dear, I don't give a damn!" - Rhett Butler

"I'll think about this tomorrow, afterall, tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett O'Hara

One of the best movies EVER made! :bow:

newmastersswimmer
April 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM
"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!" --Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke), Gattaca, 1997

Karen Duggan
April 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I am not a Bruce Willis fan and only saw this one line passing through the living room:

"Yippee kay a, @sshO!#" (how do spell kay a, anyway?)

MichiganHusker
April 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Old School
"Once it hits your lips, its aaaaaah so good." Spoken by "Frank the Tank" after a beer bong.

Swingers
"You are so money."

Napoleon Dynamte
"Come here Tina, you fat lard."
"I caught you a delicious bass."
"Idiots!"
"Do you ever take it on some sweet jumps?"

The Big Lebowski
"Shut up Donny!"
"This is what happens when you f*** with a stranger."
"We are nyalists, we believe in nothing!"
"The rug really tied the room together."
"This is a private residence, man"
"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes....well....you know."

Seagurl51
April 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
"Well, right in the middle of her 700th lap an embalism burst in her brain and she dropped dead. Right in mid-backstroke!"

"There is something out there can help us ease our simultaneous loss."
"What ritual suicide?"
"No you idiot, the f**king mall!"

~MallRats

Seagurl51
April 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
"They call me Mr. Tibbs!"
great movie...."In the Heat of the Night"

"Well, nobody's perfect." ~last line of "Some Like it Hot"...which is hilarious

Got Boost
April 29th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Borat "That's very nice!"

Darth Vadar as he is choking some poor sap " I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Not in a movie that I have seen but it is Shakespeare Julius Caesar " Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war."

I will date myself a little with this one "It's not your planet monkey boy" Buckaroo Banzi.

George Patton "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his county. You win it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. The Don

Drunk Fat and Stupid is no way to go through life. Dean Wermer
My advice to you is drink heavily. Bluto
Was it over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! and it ain't over now. Bluto

Did you ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Johnny Rotten The Great Rock & Roll Swindle.

The first rule is, there are no rules. Smith The Gumball Rally
one of my favorites is my sig.

The name is Bond, James Bond.

Got Boost

newmastersswimmer
April 29th, 2007, 02:07 AM
"Soylent Green is People!" Charlton Heston from the movie Soylent Green

3strokes
April 29th, 2007, 05:24 PM
"Me, Tarzan! You, Jane!"

Seagurl51
April 30th, 2007, 01:57 AM
"Oh, dude we're late!"
"For what?"
"School, dude."
"Oh yea."

"So essentially what you're telling me is that Napolean.......is a short, dead dude."

"Who is Joan of Arc?"
"Uh, Noah's wife."

"Welcome to the Hall of Presidents."

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."

"Be excellent to each other."
"Party on dudes."

~Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.......possibly one of the best movies ever made!!!

Seagurl51
April 30th, 2007, 02:02 AM
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it."

"I did have a test today that wasn't bullsh**. It's on European socialism. I mean really who gives a crap. I"m not European, I don't plan on being European, so who cares if they're socialists. They could be facisit anarchists and it wouldn't change the fact that I'd have to bum rides off people."

~Ferris Bueller

swimr4life
April 30th, 2007, 10:44 AM
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it."

"I did have a test today that wasn't bullsh**. It's on European socialism. I mean really who gives a crap. I"m not European, I don't plan on being European, so who cares if they're socialists. They could be facisit anarchists and it wouldn't change the fact that I'd have to bum rides off people."

~Ferris Bueller

I LOVE Ferris Bueller!!!! One of the funniest movies ever made!

3strokes
May 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
In Arabic
"El Gawaza deeh mish Hat't'tem"

Meaning
"This marriage will NOT take place".

Up until I left Egypt in 1989, this quote was in three out of every four Egyptian movies (distributed widely to the whole arabic-speaking World).
Those movies always had to do with a love affair between a rich boy/poor girl or rich girl/poor boy and the quote was always said -menacinlgy- by the father of the .................... you guessed it.
But, of course, in 98% of those movies the marriage DID take place (unless one of the lovers died. They sometimes killed the father who had said it, or one of the mothers [rarely both] who -silently- hoped for her [their] progeniture's happiness.)

MichiganHusker
May 7th, 2007, 01:15 PM
"I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish." The Incredible Mr. Limpet

SwimStud
May 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
"I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish." The Incredible Mr. Limpet

Reminds me of:

"I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do, I do,I do believe in spooks!"

Wizard of Oz