PDA

View Full Version : Race Club virtual race

swimfree
April 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Here is a link to a Race Club virtual race chalenge. Maybe some of you kickers may be interested. (also the one-who-should-not-be-named has some input there);) http://www.theraceclub.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1082

knelson
April 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I admit that's a pretty cool idea. Maybe we should have a USMS forums version. 50 meter fin kick for time, your choice of fins. Fortress can even use her monofin :)

aquageek
April 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I have been lurking on TRC's forums lately. First, that place has an impressive number of accomplished swimmers who post. Their comments and insight are very interesting and motivating. Second, it brings back memories of the demise of this forum a year or so ago. I understand the USASwimming forums have recently suffered a similar fate due to ole what's his name.

The Fortress
April 27th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks swimfree! I hadn't popped over to the Race Club site for awhile. It appears to have a little more activity than usual. Maybe due to the new "guest?" Anyway, I had a good laugh! :rofl: Plus, I was really happy to see that Gary Hall Jr. is spinning and running and not just swimming all the time. So I will carry on with those activities guilt free from now on! I also saw that Paul Smith feels compelled to call himself "old" on that site.

Virtual races sound cool. Sort of like our own grudge races. I'm always up for a monofin race, Kirk. But I do not use kickboards!

tjburk
April 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I see the unnamed one backs off of his boasts just as much over there as he did when he was here!!!!!:dedhorse: :rofl: :rofl:

aztimm
April 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM
The EVENT: 50 LCM kick with any size fins (no monofins) from a push, with a board with no lane line pull

Guess the monofin idea is out, at least for the raceclub version. Wow, I had almost forgotten about some posters. Guess they just go from one forum to another, pissing off others along the way.

knelson
April 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I would propose any fins including monofins, with or without a kickboard. Basically anything goes as long as you don't use your arms.

I would get smoked in this, by the way. I bet Ande could do it in the 23 second range, maybe faster.

On the other hand, maybe we should just enter the Race Club's version if we want to do it. Gary is hoping for a big turnout.

geochuck
April 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
The name from the past.

Frank Thompson
April 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I have been lurking on TRC's forums lately. First, that place has an impressive number of accomplished swimmers who post. Their comments and insight are very interesting and motivating. Second, it brings back memories of the demise of this forum a year or so ago. I understand the USASwimming forums have recently suffered a similar fate due to ole what's his name.

Aquageek:

I agree with you. I just read "How many years can one train and not get a PR? ". It brought back memories.

swimmieAvsFan
April 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Aquageek:

I agree with you. I just read "How many years can one train and not get a PR? ". It brought back memories.

oy vey. i just finished reading all 12 pages of it. yikes.
and he really doesn't seem to think much of us masters swimmers, does he?

but i am glad to see that GHjr kicked him off. that's impressive- banned from here, shut down the USA-A forums (well, most of them), and kicked off the race club forums...
:shakeshead:

knelson
April 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
You know, if you meet Ion in person he seems like a nice enough guy. I saw him last year at Worlds and he cheered me on during my 200 IM. I'll admit his online persona could use a little work.

The Fortress
April 27th, 2007, 03:01 PM
You know, if you meet Ion in person he seems like a nice enough guy. I saw him last year at Worlds and he cheered me on during my 200 IM. I'll admit his online persona could use a little work.

A little?

He'd drive me bonkers. His writing is insulting and hostile. I just read that long thread too. As Frank said, it looked like same old, same old. I have to think life would be better with more than just the one thought of late bloomin'. Let it go! There were some pretty funny comebacks though. Looks like Ion is being deleted ...

Peter Cruise
April 27th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I sense Jim M. looming over this thread, hammer in his hands, moaning 'No, no, not again...the horror...the horror'.