PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Short Course Nationals Roster & Psych Sheets

matysekj
April 27th, 2007, 10:50 PM
The meet roster (http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats07/heats/roster.php) and psych sheets (http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats07/heats/) are now available for swimmers to review for the 2007 short course nationals in Federal Way. Please report all problems to 2007scnationals@comcast.net by midnight PDT Monday, April 30. Note that the only entry time changes that will be accepted are those that are due to entry processing errors. Newer times swum since your entry was submitted will NOT be accepted.

Muppet
April 27th, 2007, 11:22 PM
OH YEAH BABY!!!!:dedhorse: :dedhorse: :dedhorse:

knelson
April 28th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hey Jeff, good luck against Anthony Ervin!

Jeff Commings
April 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
We're not in the same age group, so I will not lose sleep over the fact that he's in the meet, swimming breaststroke no less.

I anticipate a full-on meet stoppage when he swims the 50 and 100 frees.

knelson
April 28th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Jeff Commings isn't in the same age group, but Jeff Strahota (Muppet) is.

I agree about a meet stoppage when Ervin swims. It's always impressive to see someone swim a sub 20 50 free.

That Guy
April 28th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Anthony Ervin is not the only Olympian listed on the psych sheets. Roque Santos (M39) is swimming all the breaststrokes and IM's. He's not in my age group, and his seed time in the 400 IM is... dissimilar enough from mine that I will get to watch his performance from the poolside. Good luck against Roque, Kirk! :)

Apologies to any other Olympians who I did not notice, if there are any. I was hoping to see Dara Torres' name on the list (since she's swimming so fast these days) but no such luck.

knelson
April 28th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, but we're used to seeing Roque at Nationals!

I will be swimming the 400 IM, but luckily that event is seeded by time, not age group, so I won't have to worry about getting lapped by him.

Karen Duggan
April 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
While Roque seems fast all the time, I must tell you that he and Debbie are pregnant with #3, and not swimming much at all. Debbie's 5 months pregnant and entered the meet in case we need a body for relays!! She caught all kinds of comments at Pac Champs. It was fun :)

Jeff Commings
April 28th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Susan von der Lippe (nee Rapp) will be there, too, completely embarrassing the younger kids in the breaststrokes. She's doing times she did in 1988 at Olympic Trials.

And my secret's out now: I'm swimming 100 fly and 100 free. This will be the first time I swim these events at a championship meet. I'm surprised to be seeded in the top three in both, but I just hope to get my arms out of the water at the end of the 100 fly.

Too bad Paul smith won't be there. I'll miss those comments about my ankles. He'd have a field day on the 100 free.

Good luck to everyone on the final three weeks of training. Hope everyone hits their tapers.

Peter Cruise
April 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I think things will come to a halt when Jeff C. swims the 100 brst and 100IM as well...

knelson
April 29th, 2007, 02:48 AM
While Roque seems fast all the time, I must tell you that he and Debbie are pregnant with #3, and not swimming much at all.

Using his wife's pregnancy as as excuse not to swim much, huh? Nice angle. :)

I'm sure he could not set foot in the water for a year and still kick my butt! I'm also confident Jeff Commings will look a lot better than he's suggesting at the end of his 100 fly.

swimminggirl
April 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Yall will be seeing me at next year's nationals. I just started out competing and am training like none else for next year's nationals. I'm 21 and am from Little Rock, Arkansas. I just hope I do well next year and, I hope my training continues to go well. Watch out all of you older people for the young people are taking over!
Sincerely, Swimminggirl:cool::wiggle::p:D

jim clemmons
April 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Yall will be seeing me at next year's nationals. I just started out competing and am training like none else for next year's nationals. I'm 21 and am from Little Rock, Arkansas. I just hope I do well next year and, I hope my training continues to go well. Watch out all of you older people for the young people are taking over!
Sincerely, Swimminggirl

great, we're looking forward to it.

Rob Copeland
April 30th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Bonnie,

Why wait until next year? Long Course Nationals are practically in your back yard, Woodlands Texas, in August.

Muppet
May 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Jeff, good luck against Anthony Ervin!

Thanks Kirk!
Hopefully I can get everyone to stop to watch my heat before they stop and watch Anthony's. When GHJ and Subir swam the 50 fly in Indy 04, everyone stopped to watch, and then I missed my heat on the other side of the pool.

:frustrated: :frustrated: oops :)

swimminggirl
May 1st, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not ready for nationals this year. That's why I'll go next year. I have alot of training ahead of me. I have alot of improving I need to do timewise and speedwise.
Sincerely, Swimminggirl p.s. I look forward to nationals next year and competing in more swim meets this year and winning at nationals!

Allen Stark
May 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Any word on when a time line will be out?

Karen Duggan
May 4th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Roque update: After workout the other day he did a 400 IM from a push, and I heard, went 4:22...

Peter Cruise
May 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
He's doing his bit for a shorter day...

matysekj
May 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Any word on when a time line will be out?

The time line for releasing the time line is currently being developed and will be released any time now.

Allen Stark
May 5th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Jim,thank you for your timely response.

Peter Cruise
May 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I think of Jim cackling dementedly at his computer...

swimminggirl
May 7th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I'll be at nationals next year. I will be swimming really fast times by next year. How old do you have to be for nationals?
Sincerely, Swimminggirl

Rob Copeland
May 7th, 2007, 02:45 PM
The time line for releasing the time line is currently being developed and will be released any time now.Saturday, May 19 Starts at 08:00 AM Heat Interval: 45 Seconds / Back +15 Seconds
.............................................. entries heats
Ransom Arthur Award Presentation 137......20..... 2:05 PM _______

Can we do dive over starts for this event? 137 entries???

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Saturday, May 19 Starts at 08:00 AM Heat Interval: 45 Seconds / Back +15 Seconds
.............................................. entries heats
Ransom Arthur Award Presentation 137......20..... 2:05 PM _______

Can we do dive over starts for this event? 137 entries???

I'm betting that each of the 137 Ransom Arthur contestants will be required to be on the blocks as the previous contestant completes his/her routine.