PDA

View Full Version : Post-Taper Let Down

MichiganHusker
April 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
We had our state meet - 3 day meet - last weekend and I'm not going to Nationals, so I tapered for the state meet. I must have done something right because I had significant drops from previous swims within the last 12 months.

Due to personal and professional reasons, I couldn't swim until today - 4 day break and I felt awful. My arms felt like lead, swimming was a huge effort and my pace time was way off.

Was this just a bad workout or is there post-taper let down?

gull
April 28th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I've had the same experience. Sounds like you hit your taper just right.

indyswimbag
April 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Totally understand what you are feeling. Swam at YMCA nationals and then got in a few days ago...felt REALLY tired. I suppose that it means that we did something right!

smontanaro
April 28th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Same-o, same-o. I was off for two weeks after LASIK surgery. My first practice was Thursday. It felt like I forgot how to swim. I asked a friend today about it. She asked, "did you feel like spaghetti?". "Yes!" . This morning's workout was much better.

swimr4life
April 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I've had the same thing happen. This is a good thing because it means you hit your taper just right. Hang in there for a week or two and you'll get your groove back.:groovy: