PDA

View Full Version : Underwater cameras

rinfield
December 14th, 2002, 12:54 PM
I am looking for advice about which is the best underwater camera (for stroke correction) out there. We'd prefer to be able to manipulate it from dry land, view in real-time through an attached monitor and record of course.

We have heard about the Total Performance TPI) PowerCam (and have used this a little) and the UCCA CoachCam (which we haven't used).

What thoughts or recommendations do any of you out there have? Have you used these or others and what is best-of-breed right now? I think you should assume a budget of no more than $1000 for the system if that'd help.

Brian Stack
December 14th, 2002, 06:05 PM
I've been using the Snooper underwater camera for about 5 years now, and am very happy with it's performance. It's very easy to maintain, and pretty rugged. I've travelled on airplanes with it and have had no problems. The best part is if you should have a problem or even a question you can call the service number and talk to the inventor and get lot's of free advice. You might even wind up talking swimming with Marty for a while. Check out the zoomers.com page for more info.

See Ya
Brian

Brian Stack
Coach Manatee Masters
Oakland CA

W4CHL
April 21st, 2006, 06:16 PM
What about inexpensive digicams for this purpose ? See post under
Swim video tools (http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=56793#post56793)

Only using this now for peer analysis with an 8yr old who is just beginning to take swimming seriously. After some experience will move to the more demanding local Masters team so looking to hear of gotchas in presenting this type of tool.

Masters team coach is interested, but not sure of value of such inexpensive and relatively low resolution video tools.