PDA

View Full Version : 2008 (swim) RACE?

Karen Duggan
May 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a lot of people are planning on Austin in '08.

Anybody wanna race anybody in some friendly manner (in the pool!) at SC Nationals next year?

Doesn't have to be the same event, per se; for example: You could bet that your 200 back will be faster than someone's 200IM. Or you could go head to head and "spot" someone some time. In the 400 IM my husband is usually always 50 seconds faster than me, for example. I could challenge time that way.... be creative (won't be hard for this group!).

Wanna play?

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM

Anybody wanna race anybody in some friendly manner (in the pool!) at SC Nationals next year?

Doesn't have to be the same event, per se; for example: You could bet that your 200 back will be faster than someone's 200IM. Or you could go head to head and "spot" someone some time. In the 400 IM my husband is usually always 50 seconds faster than me, for example. I could challenge time that way.... be creative (won't be hard for this group!).

Wanna play?

Boys v girls relay...or east coast v west coast relay

Seagurl51
May 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Heck yes!!! I'm totally in for this!

RICH I WANNA RACE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I'm callin' you out dude!

I'll race anybody, anytime, any stroke ('cept fly, unless by some miracle I become amazing at it by next year)!!

Karen Duggan
May 2nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
I like the b v g idea- then we won't get too FEISTY, sistas :p
Also by coast, zone, etc. would be fun.

Did I mention that after such rough competition, a rather large party would have to take place, and of course, to the winners go the spoils. (What those might be is TBD!)

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
well I'd like a real relay after the events with whooping and hollering...

if not we can still pick out our teams and put relays together on paper... would be fun...

RICH I WANNA RACE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I'm callin' you out dude!

I dunno Kyra, I'm not bad for an DOM....you sure? Love You.

Seagurl51
May 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
I dunno Kyra, I'm not bad for an DOM....you sure? Love You.

Oh I'm sure. I'm gonna start training now so that next summer you won't see anything but my wake!! The real question is....can you handle this? Love you.

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Oh I'm sure. I'm gonna start training now so that next summer you won't see anything but my wake!! The real question is....can you handle this? Love you.

Well don't go crazy...I've got a back bad, a bum knee, and a sore shoulder...but I'll use anti-fogger on my goggles so I see your wake clearly.
Love You.

lol

Seagurl51
May 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Well don't go crazy...I've got a back bad, a bum knee, and a sore shoulder...but I'll use anti-fogger on my goggles so I see your wake clearly.
Love You.

lol

Hmmmm (*ponder smilie*), if I didn't know better I'd say you were scared? Giving me all these excuses of why you may not win......interesting.......:wiggle:

Love you.

knelson
May 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I like the b v g idea

OK, we've got Jeff Commings, Jon Blank, Paul Smith and John Smith. Who are you going to put up against them? :groovy:

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
OK, we've got Jeff Commings, Jon Blank, Paul Smith and John Smith. Who are you going to put up against them? :groovy:

Well which one is gong to sit out so I can swim?

hahaha I guess we could have tiers...

Karen Duggan
May 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
I'll take Mr. T. Paul for one-hundred please Alex!

Of course, some handicapping would be appropriate (necessary!). :bow:

Does anybody love me? (insert sniffly smile) I'm huggable and lovable, in a muppet sort of way!

Slowswim
May 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Well which one is gong to sit out so I can swim?

hahaha I guess we could have tiers...

Me, me, oh pick me!:wave:

I volunteer to sit out and give my shot to someone who can: breast, fly, back, or even free 50m in less than 3 minutes!

I'm takin' one for the team.:rofl:

Karen Duggan
May 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Some race may well have "tears" of joy and laughter!!! :p

poolraat
May 2nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'll take Mr. T. Paul for one-hundred please Alex!

Of course, some handicapping would be appropriate (necessary!). :bow:

Does anybody love me? (insert sniffly smile) I'm huggable and lovable, in a muppet sort of way!

If I'm on your team I AM the handicap.:laugh2:
We all love you Karen.

Ignore SS and Seagurl....they need to get a room.:joker:

poolraat
May 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
I like the b v g idea- then we won't get too FEISTY, sistas :p
Also by coast, zone, etc. would be fun.

Did I mention that after such rough competition, a rather large party would have to take place, and of course, to the winners go the spoils. (What those might be is TBD!)

Okay so maybe this should be included in the Swimming Festival we were planning a few weeks ago. BTW, what happened to that thread?

3strokes
May 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM

Doesn't have to be the same event,

Wanna play?

In all probability I (as a Canadian) won't be in the US Nationals (pool), but I'm ready to bet that my 50y free is faster than Ande's 200m (any style)....Is that a boast or what ? (However, I am hedging my bet: please note my "y" against Ande's "m", even though he will be swimming "y", methinks.)

islandsox
May 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
You know what? I am actually going to consider going to Austin next year, several months before my Utila swim, and swim the 1,000 and 1650 as a joke. I haven't turned in a pool for 9 years, so my turns may even look like Rich's backstroke turn; you know, spend a full minute underwater? :rofl: :rofl:

I just don't have a masters team and have to either get on one or swim unattached. I was thinking about someone's team not close to my heart just for shock value.

So, I will swim a 50 back and swim again Rich's 50 breast; that may be pretty fair since I am a turtle now. Or maybe Fort's 100 back against my 50 back, she still may touch me out :rofl: . And at the party afterwards, I can skip the Monkey La La's and rum and cokes; in honor of Texas I guess it's beer or Jack Daniels :drink: .

donna

Peter Cruise
May 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Why not everyone transfer to one team just for the meet: it could be called 'Forums United' and as a Canadian, even though the meet is in yards, would be bound to go.

The Fortress
May 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Love you Karen! And I'll race you in a 100 back in Austin! (I know you can do backststroke too!) It's in the middle, not a 50, not a 200. If you lose, you give up breaststroke. If I lose, I give up ragging on breaststrokers. What a sacrifice that will be. I know Paul Smith could never give that up after his 10th comment of the day about gymnast/diver/ballet dancers. :rofl:

Since my team almost never does relays at Nats, I'd join Forum United!! Ya, baby.

some_girl
May 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
I am pretty sure 2008 will be site of the loud, young flyers grudge race in real time. Then we will band together to stalk the Texas boys. I am sure drinking will be involved somehow. And I vote for the East/West relay matchup. Though who gets the middle? Because if we have FlyQueen and me and Mollie, I am pretty sure our 25-29 will be wicked.

MOONBEAM
May 2nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
I am pretty sure 2008 will be site of the loud, young flyers grudge race in real time. Then we will band together to stalk the Texas boys. I am sure drinking will be involved somehow. And I vote for the East/West relay matchup. Though who gets the middle? Because if we have FlyQueen and me and Mollie, I am pretty sure our 25-29 will be wicked.

sorry, had to edit my post. will reply later.

3strokes
May 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Why not everyone transfer to one team just for the meet: it could be called 'Forums United' and as a Canadian, even though the meet is in yards, would be bound to go.

Peter, Peter, Peter.
What initials would (could) we use on the T-shirts or swimsuits?
Anyway, even though I'm of retirement age, I can't. I have to work
until the day I die.

Peter Cruise
May 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Never mind that, Ahmed, what about the songs and chants we can totally disrupt the meet with...

indyswimbag
May 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
I wanna play.....

b vs g perhaps an all out breaststroker vs fly relay so us breaststrokers can once and for all show that we are superior:D perhaps a distance race vs a sprinter. I could have my last 50 of the mile vs someone's 50 stroke....seeing as I don't have a sprinting bone in my body. I can't wait to see Austin. been here in houston for awhile and planning on venturing out to Arizona on my next job....but am for sure coming to Austin...would love to meet some of you guys....

newmastersswimmer
May 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
I definitely have someone in mind to try and beat in Austin 2008 (and I've already picked out the
event(s) I want to beat him in as well)....but I prefer to keep it a secret for now (although Fortress already knows my evil plans LOL!)....One problem with revealing my desire to beat this person now (out in public here) would be that I would be laughed out of town by you guys if I did LOL!....Lets just say that this particular person is a bit faster than me right now!

Bork

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
I definitely have someone in mind to try and beat in Austin 2008 (and I've already picked out the
event(s) I want to beat him in as well)....but I prefer to keep it a secret for now (although Fortress already knows my evil plans LOL!)....One problem with revealing my desire to beat this person now (out in public here) would be that I would be laughed out of town by you guys if I did LOL!....Lets just say that this particular person is a bit faster than me right now!

Bork

I'll be even faster next year Jim...:dedhorse:

SwimStud
May 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ignore SS and Seagurl....they need to get a room.:joker:

hahaha now THAT's funny!

3strokes
May 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
event(s) I want to beat him in as well)....but I prefer to keep it a secret
Bork

You've just narrowed down the "secret" by about xx% (what's the % of Forumen to Forumettes on this site anyway?) Mods? Admins? Anyone?

Karen Duggan
May 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Let's put together a mixed (nuts!) medley relay. I will bow out of the 200 because I can't sprint my way out of a paper bag. However, I will swim either the 100 back or 100 breast in a 400. Anybody join me?

swimr4life
May 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Let's put together a mixed (nuts!) medley relay. I will bow out of the 200 because I can't sprint my way out of a paper bag. However, I will swim either the 100 back or 100 breast in a 400. Anybody join me?

Me! Me! :bouncing:

Karen Duggan
May 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Beth, you want to swim breast right?!? OK, you can swim Free. :agree:

The Fortress
May 8th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Beth, you want to swim breast right?!? OK, you can swim Free. :agree:

I'll do back or fly. (No need to even joke about evilstroke.) Since we're all "Es," we'll have to really try to keep the chatter down so we don't jump.

Now we only need one more person for our blazing fast 35+ 400 medley relay. Any ideas?

indyswimbag
May 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I might be relatively new to the forums here but..about that relay.....

I happen to be ok as a swimmer of the "evil" stroke known as breast....
I wanna play...I even match the age group...pick me!!!!:bouncing: just don't count on me for backstroke as I might actually be the only one alive that doesn't move forward while swimming it!!:rolleyes:

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I'll be even faster next year Jim...:dedhorse: This quote being in response to my public announcement that I had a secret nemesis that was currently faster than me in one of my favorite events

Aways a clown in every crowd eh Rich! LOL! On gaurd Richie Rich!! :duel: ..just let me know when you're ready to :whiteflag: o.k. Richie old chap!

Bork :groovy: :banana: :banana:

The Fortress
May 8th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I might be relatively new to the forums here but..about that relay.....

I happen to be ok as a swimmer of the "evil" stroke known as breast....
I wanna play...I even match the age group...pick me!!!!:bouncing: just don't count on me for backstroke as I might actually be the only one alive that doesn't move forward while swimming it!!:rolleyes:

You're in! Since you're "fast," we'll take you. You can do breast. Karen can do back. And I will do fly. Beth free. 100 is not my preferred fly distance, :violin: , but I'll manage if everyone cheers loudly enough. So we're set. Now we just need a young whippersnapper relay to swim against and put in their place. :thhbbb:

knelson
May 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Lets just say that this particular person is a bit faster than me right now!

Gee, it wouldn't be someone with a rather lengthy blog on this site, would it? :)

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Gee, it wouldn't be someone with a rather lengthy blog on this site, would it? :)

Kirk!! What are you trying to do to me now?!! I still want to take him in the 100 fly o.k. Sure he is quite a bit faster than me at the moment but butterfly is my baby!!.... and I will get my revenge one way or another! LOL! ....Anyway, I know its a real laugher but I always believed in setting lofty goals o.k.! ....and he's a Longhorn for crying out loud....so lets hold in the laughter now o.k. guys!

Bork

knelson
May 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
so lets hold in the laughter now o.k. guys!

I'm not laughing! I know you can swim fast. It ain't gonna be easy, but no sense setting easy goals. Besides, you'll always know which events he's training for, so you just need to pick a different one to beat him in :)

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I know your not laughing Kirk (or not laughing too hard lets say LOL!).....I was mostly making that comment in general to all of the forumites that might end up reading this (and hopefully Ande won't be one of them? LOL!). I do appreciate your kind words though Kirk! I am going to try and train really hard for a few specialized events next season....the 100 and 200 fly, and the 100 IM will be my primary focus. I may swim the 50 fly and the 200 free as well I think (I haven't really decided yet)? I will have to really work hard on my butterfly to catch up with you know who. I will be happy if I could just be somewhat competitive actually....BTW What events will you be focusing on next season (if you don't mind me asking)?

Jim

I'm not laughing! I know you can swim fast. It ain't gonna be easy, but no sense setting easy goals. Besides, you'll always know which events he's training for, so you just need to pick a different one to beat him in :)

knelson
May 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
BTW What events will you be focusing on next season (if you don't mind me asking)?

I don't think I really have much choice! I swim the events I'm best at. Generally these are 200 and up freestyle, the 200 fly, and 200 or 400 IM. I'm not really that good in IM, but I like swimming it just for variety. I'm only "good" in the 200 fly because most people don't want to swim it :)

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'm only "good" in the 200 fly because most people don't want to swim it :)

*ponder*

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
*ponder*

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think you should give it a go Rich. I'll make a deal with you. I will swim the 200 breast at my next swim meet, if you agree to swim the 200 fly at your next meet (after this season is over though....so your first meet next season). Sounds like a fair deal to me....so what do you say there Rich?

Bork

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I think you should give it a go Rich. I'll make a deal with you. I will swim the 200 breast at my next swim meet, if you agree to swim the 200 fly at your next meet (after this season is over though....so your first meet next season). Sounds like a fair deal to me....so what do you say there Rich?

Bork
OK so the semester is over and you're high right?

LOL

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
OK so the semester is over and you're high right?

LOL

Only if you mean high on happiness Rich! I'm older now and so I don't actually partake anymore.....I have to keep my lungs in good shape for swimming and all now right!!

Bork

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Only if you mean high on happiness Rich! I'm older now and so I don't actually partake anymore.....I have to keep my lungs in good shape for swimming and all now right!!

Bork

Viagara and Redbull!

hahaha well if I can get my fly sorted so that the techinique is good.. Yes I will be training for the 200. I can't let Kirk get all the records...LMAO

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Viagara and Redbull!

hahaha well if I can get my fly sorted so that the techinique is good.. Yes I will be training for the 200. I can't let Kirk get all the records...LMAO

Well yes, there is always that kind of jet-engine powered high too I suppose LOL!
Don't wreck your shoulders now practicing all that fly! You may end up like that lego girl you posted on one of your phot albums on FB!

Bork

swimminggirl
May 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Pick me I'm really good at 200 freestyle, 100 freestyle, 50 freestyle and 50 breasts and 100 breasts and 200 freestyle relay. Count me in! Watch out, I'm young, fast and bet I can whop a few of you.
Sincerely, Swimminggirl :thhbbb::banana::dedhorse: