PDA

View Full Version : The Canadians Are Coming!

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
So which one of you Canadians (Peter, George, Ahmed, or Lindsay) would care to explain this spy coin controversy?! (See the link below) Is this some kind of prelude to an invasion from the North now LMAO!! :rofl:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_go_ot/spy_coins

Bork

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
So which one of you Canadians (Peter, George, Ahmed, or Lindsay) would care to explain this spy coin controversy?! (See the link below) Is this some kind of prelude to an invasion from the North now LMAO!! :rofl:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_go_ot/spy_coins

Bork

..... and that is only our Quarter. Wait till you hear
about our Loonies and Twoonies! Four to Eight times the Power.

(Seems to me that somebody -the contractors in question or in
Defense- scratched the coin's protective surface and inhaled............)

geochuck
May 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I have one of those coins. I got it in my change after buyig a coffee. The poppy is the flower it was minted for Remembrence Day Nov 11th.

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Uh Oh. Next thing you know all you'll be able to find at the Bashful Bandit Biker Bar will be Molson light on tap. Oh wait, it's already owned by Coors, if my memory serves me..

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Uh Oh. Next thing you know all you'll be able to find at the Bashful Bandit Biker Bar will be Molson light on tap. Oh wait, it's already owned by Coors, if my memory serves me..

What a horrible image you paint there Mel! For the love of all that is dear and wholesome I pray that this spy coin espionage by the Canadians will be foiled before its too late!! LOL!:rofl:

Bork :groovy: :banana: :banana:

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I tell ya, Jim, we're not safe from anything anymore. I've heard rumors that the Icelanders are assembling an armada to invade from the east and the Tahitians in canoes from the west.

Where can we go & what can we do?

newmastersswimmer
May 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I tell ya, Jim, we're not safe from anything anymore. I've heard rumors that the Icelanders are assembling an armada to invade from the east and the Tahitians in canoes from the west.

Where can we go & what can we do?

Remember the movie Red Dawn from the 1980's starring Patrick Swayze? Only this time it will be a lot worse I'm afraid LOL!
I wonder if Peter Piper will be leading the attack force from the North?

Bork

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I wonder if Peter Piper will be leading the attack force from the North?

Bork

Um, won't he be too busy picking a peck of pickled peppers?

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
and the Tahitians in canoes from the west.

If they're anything like the Tahitians who greeted Captain Cook (or was it Cap'n Bligh and Christian Fletcher?), I for one, am ready to be invaded. Should I move to the West Coast to make it easier for them?

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
If they're anything like the Tahitians who greeted Captain Cook (or was it Cap'n Bligh and Christian Fletcher?), I for one, am ready to be invaded. Should I move to the West Coast to make it easier for them?

Perhaps you were thinking of van Gogh? I believe his paintings of the Tahitians would have embarassed even Amanda Beard (but that's another thread).

The descendents of the Tahitians and Polynesians in general didn't treat Captain Cook particularly well at Kealakekua Bay, so I'm not sure I'd want to be on the west coast when they arrive. Canadians could use Peter and George as buffers to test the ethnic waters, so to speak.

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I've heard rumors that the Icelanders are assembling an armada to invade from the east and the Tahitians in canoes from the west.

In the interest of keeping the Western Hemisphere's Northern Hemisphere in thermal equilibrium, you (the US, in the South), take the Icelanders to cool you down and we, unmarried Canadians (Sorry,George), will take the "Tahitiennes" to keep us warm.

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Any word reminiscent of, or vaguely alluding to, "brew" should never be used, uttered, whispered or written, in the same thread as that ignominious word "light".

spiderman
May 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Canucks can't swim!!! They are not a force to be reckond with.

Brian Stack
May 7th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Perhaps you were thinking of van Gogh?

I think you mean Gauguin, Van Gogh didn't make it to Tahiti, you need both ears to make that trip.:agree:

The descendents of the Tahitians and Polynesians in general didn't treat Captain Cook particularly well at Kealakekua Bay, so I'm not sure I'd want to be on the west coast when they arrive.

They were just saying thanks, in their unique way:mooning: , for the "gifts" he bestowed on his first visit

meldyck
May 7th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I think you mean Gauguin, Van Gogh didn't make it to Tahiti, you need both ears to make that trip.

You're right Brian! I'm a science geek and don't have time for the arts anyhow. Even if I had remembered correctly, I wouldn't have been able to spell his name.

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
The descendents of the Tahitians and Polynesians in general didn't treat Captain Cook particularly well at Kealakekua Bay, so I'm not sure I'd want to be on the west coast when they arrive. Canadians could use Peter and George as buffers to test the ethnic waters, so to speak.

I was thinking more of the Tahitians who greeted Mel Gibson (as Fletcher Christian), Captained by Bligh (Anthony Hopkins) when the Bounty first reached Tahiti. The name of Captain Cook came to mind because, if memory serves, the Tahitian king, asked about his "good friend" Captain Cook (who as per the Internet
(quote)
Cook died in Hawaii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii) in a fracas (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fracas) with Hawaiians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Hawaiians) during his third exploratory voyage in the Pacific in 1779 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1779)
(unquote)

The Bounty had reached Tahiti in 1789 (ten years after Cook had indeed been killed) but Captain Bligh assured the King that his (the King's) and his (Bligh's) good friend Captain Cook was "well and bla bla bla ....."

The point is I really loved the Tahitians' welcome..............and their dress code.

3strokes
May 7th, 2007, 10:49 PM

Are you permitted to wear your mask outside the Castle?

Being the grossest........no, that doesn't sound right. My apologies Spiderman. Being the highest grossing opening day movie in History,
should not absolve you from operating outside your web.

Brian Stack
May 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
You're right Brian! I'm a science geek and don't have time for the arts anyhow. Even if I had remembered correctly, I wouldn't have been able to spell his name.
Don't feel bad, I knew who you were writing about, but I had to look up the spelling!
Gauguin is worth a look, his paintings will transport you to Tahiti, but not Canada. Yes that was a sad attempt to stay on topic. :(

Brian Stack
May 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Event 119
29 MAR 2007
Men 100m Freestyle
FINAL RESULTS
Finals
WR 47.84 VAN DEN HOOGENBAND Pieter Sydney (AUS) 19 SEP 2000NED
CR 48.12 MAGNINI Filippo Montreal (CAN) 28 JUL 2005ITA

FINAL
1. MAGNINI Filippo 82 ITA 23.24 48.435
1. HAYDEN Brent 83 CAN 23.07 48.436
3. SULLIVAN Eamon 85 AUS 22.92 48.47 0.042
4. CIELO FILHO Cesar 87 BRA 22.83 48.51 0.081
5. LEZAK Jason 75 USA 23.03 48.52 0.094
6. VAN DEN HOOGENBAND Pieter 78 NED 23.51 48.63 0.203
7. SCHOEMAN Roland 80 RSA 22.87 48.72 0.298
8. NEETHLING Ryk 77 RSA 23.02 48.81 0.387

Whatever you say, Spidey!

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
(Seems to me that somebody -the contractors in question or in
Defense- scratched the coin's protective surface and inhaled............)

LMAO! I definitely think you are on to something there Ahmed!! I wonder why Peter Piper hasn't chimed in yet? hmmmm....Maybe he is really planning to lead the Northern invasion force? He will kill all the Americans with his relentless sesquipedalian purple prose (or make them all want to kill themselves) LOL!! :rofl: :rofl:

Bork

Karen Duggan
May 8th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hi Brian-
Why is Cielo Filho wearing a BRA? What's he hiding with a name like fill ho?!?

Peter Cruise
May 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Brian- how can you operate in the same zone as Karen? If she careens around the forums seizing every opportunity for salacious wordplay, what must she be like at a meet?

Borkie, you altered alien you, if I was going to lead an invasion, I'd keep it secret.

Brian Stack
May 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Brian- how can you operate in the same zone as Karen? If she careens around the forums seizing every opportunity for salacious wordplay, what must she be like at a meet?

Fortunately I swim a few lanes down from her at practice!
Pat is usually on her case at meets so she's pretty well behaved.
Love Ya Dugan!:wiggle:

newmastersswimmer
May 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM

Borkie, you altered alien you, if I was going to lead an invasion, I'd keep it secret.

hmmm I like the way you said "If" there Peter.....minor slip up perhaps??.....The Americans will be ready for your secret plans o.k. Peter!!

meldyck
May 8th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Don't worry, Jim. I know I'm not supposed to let this out but the CIA has been planting tracking devices in all Canadian citizens now for some years (I believe the plan was conceived right after the Bay of Pigs). Let me check the inventory. Yes, yes, Peter is in the inventory list. We'll know well in advance when he launches his flotilla from one of those small Canadian islands somewhere north of Seattle.

I feel very secure.

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 11:34 PM
...are they here yet? What's taking them so long?

I guess they're all coming on horseback...singing "When I'm Calling You...."

:rofl:

newmastersswimmer
May 9th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Don't worry, Jim. I know I'm not supposed to let this out but the CIA has been planting tracking devices in all Canadian citizens now for some years (I believe the plan was conceived right after the Bay of Pigs). Let me check the inventory. Yes, yes, Peter is in the inventory list. We'll know well in advance when he launches his flotilla from one of those small Canadian islands somewhere north of Seattle.

I feel very secure.

LMAO...thats too funny Mel! :rofl: ...You hear that Cruise? We're onto your secret plot o.k. LOL!

3strokes
May 9th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meldyck http://forums.usms.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?p=93050#post93050)

I feel very secure.

"In" , not "on" ?
Ouch!

LMAO...thats too funny Mel! :rofl: ...You here that Cruise? We're onto your secret plot o.k. LOL!

Peter:
Their tracking device is IN you. It will have to be an enema for you,
before you face the enemy. Sorry, Oh Glorious Leader!

Admin:
(Please, please, we do NOT need an enema smiley.)

Now back to our :duel:

What you guys don't know is that we've been hoarding American half-eagles (and the occasional doubloon dredged up, by our Snorebirds (I mean snowbirds) who go down South Wintering and scuba-diving-treasure-hunting). When we're ready to launch our co-ordinated secret attack (co-ordinated by PM when we hope our PM boxes are not full), which should take place at, :censor::30 hours (military time) on :censor: the :censor:th, 2 :censor: :censor: :censor: ) we will discard our ballast (of doctored Canadian coins), use the alternate tactic devised for the invasion of the Bay of Sheep and mush our way down, on sleds pulled by house-trained Chihuahuas (to go under the radar, of course).

Brian Stack
May 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Hi Brian-
Why is Cielo Filho wearing a BRA? What's he hiding with a name like fill ho?!?

Looked like an FS III to me! Hiding? I don't know, perhaps he's part of Peter's sinister plan. Geez I just realized I'm posting in a NSR thread :doh:

Peter Cruise
May 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
That's okay Brian, despite your serious 'coach' persona, I detect some real NSR potential in you...

Brian Stack
May 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
That's okay Brian, despite your serious 'coach' persona, I detect some real NSR potential in you...

I must admit to being a little NSR right now, vacation started at 9:00 AM, the end of our last practice, and I am out of here for 12 days :notworking: :bouncing: :applaud: :banana: :wine: :drink: :wiggle: :snore: :wave:

Adios Amigos!

geochuck
May 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Canadians have infiltrated everywhere, news casters, comedians, baywatch as far back a Rich Little, Jim Carrie, Celine Dion captured Las Vegas with out any help. Bill Murray Dan Ackroyd, Michael J Fox you name it.

3strokes
May 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Canadians have infiltrated everywhere, news casters, comedians, baywatch as far back a Rich Little, Jim Carrie, Celine Dion captured Las Vegas with out any help. Bill Murray Dan Ackroyd, Michael J Fox you name it.

George
Did you forget Pamela Anderson on purpose?

geochuck
May 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Oh my how could I forget her, she is a real Canadian. She has busted up many a show.

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh my how could I forget her, she is a real Canadian. She has busted up many a show.

hahaha good one:lmao:

geochuck
July 1st, 2007, 10:38 AM
The Canadians are coming - July the First - today is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to everyone.

There is also July the Fourth being Celebrated in the USA.

3strokes
July 4th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I'm just (kinda') repeating George's wishes -of a few days ago- and wish all our American cousins (in that country to the South of the Great North) a Happy 4th of July.:party2: This one's for the U.S. ladies :smooch:

geochuck
October 16th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I thought this thread should be brought back so every one here would know how Canadians feel about everything, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/special/canquiz2005/

geochuck
October 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Canadians are going!

At 6 am Sat I go where all Canadians should go at this time of year.

South to Mexico.

Slowswim
October 19th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Canadians are going!

At 6 am Sat I go where all Canadians should go at this time of year.

South to Mexico.

So am I ... Florida!:groovy: