PDA

View Full Version : Is Cookie Monster All Gone?

The Fortress
May 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM
My son told me that Cookie Monster had been ousted from Sesame Street because he was promoting childhood obesity. He apparently is replaced by a rice cake? Can anyone confirm?

ensignada
May 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I googled 'urban legend cookie monster' and came up with this from snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/veggie.asp

I can sleep a little better tonight knowing that the world has not gone completely insane.

FindingMyInnerFish
May 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
A world without a cookie monster? Thankfully Snopes tells us he's merely eating cookies in moderation, not giving them up... but somehow doesn't that kind of undercut the "monster" part? Where are the extremes of yesteryear? The monstrous noshing on the chocolateyest chocolate chips, the most buttery of the butter cookies... Somehow the "Cookie in Moderation Monster" sounds too... well... tame. :notworking: (Only because I dig new smileys...)

Horse
May 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Oh...
Thank God, my daughter is saved!

The Fortress
May 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
A world without a cookie monster? Thankfully Snopes tells us he's merely eating cookies in moderation, not giving them up... but somehow doesn't that kind of undercut the "monster" part? Where are the extremes of yesteryear? The monstrous noshing on the chocolateyest chocolate chips, the most buttery of the butter cookies... Somehow the "Cookie in Moderation Monster" sounds too... well... tame. :notworking: (Only because I dig new smileys...)

Exactly! My son clarified and said that he saw a "Monster" eating rice cakes and that he refused to call it the "Cookie Monster." He calls it "Rice Cake Monster." Ugh. No one likes Rice Cakes Monster.

Besides, Rich told me if we don't eat fat, we'll get fat because our bodies will cling to the pre-existing fat we have. So we should eat cookies.

swimr4life
May 8th, 2007, 12:10 AM
This is the epitome of p.c. gone wrong!! :doh: OMG You really had me scared. My girls LOVED the Cookie Monster when they were little. I used to do imitations of him and they would howl! Good memories!

ensignada
May 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I love Cookie Monster. He's the only one with the googly eyes. He and Grover have the best lines.

poolraat
May 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
This is the epitome of p.c. gone wrong!! :doh: OMG You really had me scared. My girls LOVED the Cookie Monster when they were little. I used to do imitations of him and they would howl! Good memories!

I love Cookie Monster. And I'm not so little. I also love Tigger! :bouncing:

swimmieAvsFan
May 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I love Cookie Monster. He's the only one with the googly eyes. He and Grover have the best lines.

yay! someone else out there who appreciates Grover!

near.... far....
:rofl:

Slowswim
May 8th, 2007, 08:52 AM
We haven't watched Sesame Street since last year when Grover was blown away in a Wind Storm (during Hurricane season in Florida, not good timing) and scared my daughter to death!:mad:
</IMG>

Cat & Mouse
May 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I like Elmo.

mattson
May 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM
My son clarified and said that he saw a "Monster" eating rice cakes and that he refused to call it the "Cookie Monster." He calls it "Rice Cake Monster." Ugh. No one likes Rice Cakes Monster.

The guy has eaten a table and a brick wall, and you are concerned about him eating a rice cake?

knelson
May 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Can't Sesame Street just explain to the kiddies that Cookie Monster has a specialized digestive system that can process the fat in cookies better than ours? Heck, I bet even trans fat doesn't faze him!

My favorite was always Oscar the Grouch.

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Can't Sesame Street just explain to the kiddies that Cookie Monster has a specialized digestive system that can process the fat in cookies better than ours? Heck, I bet even trans fat doesn't faze him!

My favorite was always Oscar the Grouch.

Well his cookies doen't contain and TF's maybe some rather odd herbs etc judging by the way he seems to get the munchies