PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who Is MOONBEAM?

The Fortress
May 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Since MOONBEAM will not give his or her identity until the end, I think we should vote based on what we know. You may add whatever speculation or rationale you have below. I have listed all the guesses that I believe were made on the masquerade ball thread or that I have heard of via PM. When he/she comes out of the closet, we'll see if we guessed right. If not, :mooning:

3strokes: I'm gettin' a little tired here with all this thinking.

Pegasus
May 8th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Greate poll, but 12 options?!?!

3strokes
May 8th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Since MOONBEAM will not give her identity until the end, I think
..............snip.............

"Her"? Freudian Slip? Do you know something the rest don't?

I did have a private confession (which, naturally, I cannot reveal, except under the most delicate torture -and an immense lot depends on the "torturer") but not from nor about that Lunar Ray.

When he/she comes out of the closest, we'll see if we guessed right. If not, :mooning:

And now you revert to "neutral" mode, but without editing the first "her".
:shakeshead:

Seagurl51
May 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM
They said Kumbaya....and I remember FlyQueen saying that awhile ago......so I think it's her.

Horse
May 8th, 2007, 08:37 PM
The Fortress seem to be in control here.

Caped Crusader
May 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
The Fortress seem to be in control here.

But does she have the imagination? Probably. I voted for Cruise. I thought about Rich, but not sure he would want the administrative hassle.

Pop Tart
May 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Now that I've been reheated and out of the toaster, I have to say our adorable Peter Cruise. and its cause he has a great way with words!!

Popping out now.

Mother Nature
May 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Rob is jiggering the poll again? How unheathly to be so devious.

Father Time
May 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Mother Nature...he might be...it's in his nature...surely you must know.

Cat & Mouse
May 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Rob is jiggering the poll again? How unheathly to be so devious.

Some people will do anything to get noticed...tsk tsk.

Peter Cruise
May 8th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Obfuscatory behavior rampant...

The Fortress
May 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Obfuscatory behavior rampant...

What are you complaining about? You're winning! :bouncing: However, a little buzzer in my head is suggesting that you might be Father Time, even though it might appear to be a mod with the location of "here, there, & everywhere." I also know you like The Beatles. But I guess I can't out you tonight. But just you wait. You might be Poolraat too. He would say something like "Time will tell ..."

Father Time
May 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
What are you complaining about? You're winning! :bouncing:

Time will tell...

Rob Copeland
May 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
No jiggering here. And, Iím sure itís not Matysek, unless his annual bonus s somehow tied to the number of forum members. For some reason we have seen a huge spike in new members over the past week.

Besides Jim has been too busy hatching new smilies to be MoonBeam.

meldyck
May 8th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I've just passed along the results of these voting manipulations to the International Poll Watchers. USMS may expect a visit from one of their representatives at any moment.

It's now clear that we can't trust any of these forum polls.

SwimStud
May 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I've just passed along the results of these voting manipulations to the International Poll Watchers. USMS may expect a visit from one of their representatives at any moment.

It's now clear that we can't trust any of these forum polls.

I took a dolphin kick on my vote....

FindingMyInnerFish
May 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM
And what if Moonbeam is some total stranger to this forum, one of those mysterious Lurkers who, under cover of a masquerade ball has disguised him/herself as a regular forumite in disguise... the plot thickens.... <Insert music from Twilight Zone here>

I can at least assure you all that I am not Moonbeam, although I do kinda like the name....This is because I've gone in search of my true self... If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait. :cool: :wine:

Cat & Mouse
May 8th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I took a dolphin kick on my vote....

And I did a one-handed breaststroke turn ...

Pole-arized
May 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
And I did a one-handed breaststroke turn ...

And I voted with the pole

Slowswim
May 9th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Fort:

I like your suggestion that its Ande. Why didn't you add his name to the pole?

:dunno:

The Fortress
May 9th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Fort:

I like your suggestion that its Ande. Why didn't you add his name to the pole?

:dunno:

Now, did I suggest Moonbeam was Ande? I don't recall that. On the other thread, I was musing over whether Ande was playing the game and, if so, who he was. It seems unlike him not to bite. Maybe he's too busy doing all that backstroke and writing treatises on SDK training? :dunno: But, you're right, I should have added him to the pole.

You've got your one alloted guess before 6:00 pm!

MOONBEAM
May 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you for the pole. I am happy to provide whatever amusement I can.

thewookiee
May 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Could it be Kaizen swimmer making a secret return to the forum? Or is it really Fort in disguise, having fun with all of us?

aquaFeisty
May 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Moonbeam is Fortress.
Unless Peter is making up his thing about working night shift (which I don't think he is), the times that Moonbeam posts don't seem to be available to Peter... ie., he should be at work or asleep. Otherwise, he would be my first guess!

geochuck
May 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Fort you start more threads than any one else, it has to be you.

knelson
May 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Wow, that thread is a little long to slog through, but Fortress seems like a good guess. I don't think it's Jim Matysek or Rob Copeland because wouldn't they be able to tell who are the aliases are? That wouldn't be much fun. Of the others with a lot of votes, yeah, it could definitely be Peter. It just doesn't seem like islandsox to me, but maybe she's just really good!

FlyQueen
May 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I have accused Fort both publically and privately ... I KNOW she is Moonbeam ... okay, so I don't know but I'm 99.9% sure!

newmastersswimmer
May 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I have accused Fort both publically and privately ... I KNOW she is Moonbeam ... okay, so I don't know but I'm 99.9% sure!

I'll make a wager that MoonBeam is NOT the Fortress......If I'm right then you will have to dance with one of my aliases at the Masquerade Ball (You get to pick the alias)....Deal??

Bork

Horse
May 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
If you acused Fortress as Moonbean and she denied it. She can't be moon bean. Shouldn't Moonbeam also come out and say they are not fortress?

The Fortress
May 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
If you acused Fortress as Moonbean and she denied it. She can't be moon bean. Shouldn't Moonbeam also come out and say they are not fortress?

I thought I left it purposefully ambiguous. :lmao:

Peter Cruise
May 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM
A natural-born legislator

Nightstand
May 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Its our man Geochuck because he keeps playing and then he keeps leaving and then he keeps playing. When he's gone he's trying to straighten this whole voting thing out cause its no easy feet.

geochuck
May 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I am not going to respond to that one, I want him/her protected.

The Fortress
May 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I win the poll, but I'm not the culprit. Too bad, Peter.

Pop Tart
May 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
look at that poll. Heat 6 Federal Way and their approaching the finish of the 100 free. Forts ahead and Peter and Islandsox are neck & neck.

Peter Cruise
May 9th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Me and Islandsox are necking? Well, okay then.

Slowswim
May 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Me and Islandsox are necking? Well, okay then.

Actually, it looks like a three-way: Peter, Islandsox , and Fort. Sounds like a new Swim Stud!!:woot:
</IMG>

Peter Cruise
May 10th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I think I would sport twin black eyes...

The Fortress
May 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Actually, it looks like a three-way: Peter, Islandsox , and Fort. Sounds like a new Swim Stud!!:woot:
</IMG>

So it's PertSox to the finish then?

Peter: You're going to have a huffy Moonbeam on you if you insinuate she's not one person. Moonbeam's into those rules and whatnot ...

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 10:00 AM
</IMG>

Jeez, what did I do to deserve such a poor reputation. By jove. It's not like I posed naked in Playgirl or anything...

newmastersswimmer
May 10th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Jeez, what did I do to deserve such a poor reputation. By jove. It's not like I posed naked in Playgirl or anything...

Don't feel bad Rich, I wasn't even listed as an option....even though MoonBeam sounds like a hippie name and all! LOL! :D But then again it could be a ploy to keep them off of the right track too??....We may never know.

Bork

FlyQueen
May 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I know, I know ... I figured it out! :thhbbb:

I also admit I suck at this massively so ...

geochuck
May 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Back for a momment, you have not picked well folks. When Moonbeam exposes you will all know what I mean.

The Fortress
May 10th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Back for a momment, you have not picked well folks. When Moonbeam exposes you will all know what I mean.

What?! You mean that you didn't pick well, George. :laugh2:

Dancing with me tonight?

Caped Crusader
May 10th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Actually, it looks like a three-way ... SwimStud
</IMG>

LMAO.

(Why do I have to type 19 characters?)

knelson
May 10th, 2007, 11:43 AM
When Moonbeam exposes you will all know what I mean.

OMG, are you telling me Moonbeam is actually Amanda Beard?!! Who'da thunk? :rofl:

geochuck
May 10th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Fort I bought brand new dancing shoes for the party. I will dance with you and if Amanda shows up I'll take a little spin with her.

The Fortress
May 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Fort I bought brand new dancing shoes for the party. I will dance with you and if Amanda shows up I'll take a little spin with her.

That's fine, George. As long as you don't mind me having a little flirt on the side too! I'll start taking offers soon. LOL.

imspoiled
May 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Can I change my vote?

Fortress had denied being Moonbeam, AND she has indicated that there is still an FAF in the mix, so I want to change my vote to FlyQueen. Moonbeam appears to be a little behind east coast time, and is rarely online during the day. Also, if MB is FlyQueen, I think it is an FAF sista conspiracy...

FlyQueen
May 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I love that people think I'm Moonbeam ... tis fabulous.

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
That's fine, George. As long as you don't mind me having a little flirt on the side too! I'll start taking offers soon. LOL.

You flirting? Never..can't see that happening.
Whatever next...I'll become a monk!

Peter Cruise
May 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Thank goodness I'm being left behind, the pressure was immense.

Cat & Mouse
May 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Thank goodness I'm being left behind, the pressure was immense.

But you might touch them out!!!