PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Stud's knee?

SwimStud
May 9th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Well the MRI has been done. The news will be out tomorrow evening. Is it a big problem? Nohing serious...Let's see who is right...and don't give me hard time about any spellings!

Blackbeard's Peg
May 9th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Last time I checked, only frogs are supposed to move their legs like that... whatever it is, I hope you don't have to stay out of the pool long.

ensignada
May 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm still hoping for some strain, no damage.

You really need to be a little more optomistic in your poll choices.

SwimStud
May 9th, 2007, 10:54 PM
you could put "yes, not meniscus" that would cover strain

ensignada
May 9th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, sorry, it's late. I'm off to bed. Nite, Stud.

The Fortress
May 9th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I voted for #2, but I really think it's #4.

Slowswim
May 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Since I am recovering from a Meniscus Tear, I hope you don't have any damage. IMO, Meniscus is the least of all common knee problems.

Good Luck.

some_girl
May 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I voted for #4. You knew I would.

imspoiled
May 10th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I voted for #3...we still have that grude race pending you know :lolup: .

Seriously though, I hope it's nothing serious. :smooch: Although, I still say it gives you lots of time to work on your BACKSTROKE!

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I voted for #4. You knew I would.

Yeah if I'm injured I'll just have to re-focus on Fly...then shame you and Queenie next season!

newmastersswimmer
May 10th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Where's the no serious damage at all option Rich. I'm with Barb in that your choices all seem kind of pessimestic now. Of course choice 4 is always a good choice anyway I guess LOL! Good Luck with the MRI results...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Rich!

Bork

geochuck
May 10th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Do I hear knee problems. No more breaststroke or butterfrog. You know how I voted.

poolraat
May 10th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah if I'm injured I'll just have to re-focus on Fly...then shame you and Queenie next season!

You may shame them but you'll still be wallowing in my wake. :bouncing:

But seriously, I hope it's something only needs a little rest and PT.

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM
You may shame them but you'll still be wallowing in my wake. :bouncing:

But seriously, I hope it's something only needs a little rest and PT.

It was the 4 daytrip to Florida that did it hahahaha

some_girl
May 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM

I'm not scared. Remember, I have seen your fly in real life.

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I'm not scared. Remember, I have seen your fly in real life.

You know, my back muscle is still out of whack from that demonstration!

some_girl
May 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
You know, my back muscle is still out of whack from that demonstration!

Aw. You know you are a SwimStud when you hurt yourself showing off for girls!

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Aw. You know you are a SwimStud when you hurt yourself showing off for girls!

...but you're so worth it...

/flex...

swim4me
May 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Stud,

I hope the news was good, i.e. just rest and PT. Best of luck on your recouperation. We breaststrokers need to stick together to ward off those 'unhuman' flyers (though my fly is getting much better, it still feels unhuman:lmao: ). On the plus side of sticking with fly, you will bulk up those manly shoulders of yours :thhbbb: .

Slowswim
May 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
SS: any word?

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well sorry to disappoint some of you but the scans were all negative-no meniscus damage.

Looks like a little strain or possibly tiny tear that is healing to a tendon or ligament etc ( an undetectable as the MRI's only 95% accurate). So PT, NSAIDs, lay off breast, which I'll do totally for a month or so no meets up ahead anyhow.
Thanks for all the support.

swim4me
May 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Very good news :applaud: . Practice fly for a while so you can rest your knee and show 'them' you are a master of all strokes, not just breaststroke. :groovy:

SwimStud
May 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Very good news :applaud: . Practice fly for a while so you can rest your knee and show 'them' you are a master of all strokes, not just breaststroke. :groovy:

Fly has tweaked a muscle in the middle of my back it's a real nuisance but I hack along...I think moderate swimming is probably the sensible thing to do until everything is feeling better.

Mastering anything takes a lifetime...I'd be happy to get a better time regards how awful I look...

Pop Tart
May 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Have you ever considered trying to sprint sidestroke?

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Have you ever considered trying to sprint sidestroke?

You Mock. But if you were drowning, I can straddle jumpinto water and sidestroke out to you without losing sight of you, which is how it should be done. Side stroke is a valid skill to learn.
So there!

:p

Slowswim
May 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM
SS: your new Avatar is freaking me out!

I keep having flashbacks to my misspent youth at midnight shows of Rocky Horror.

That is great news about your knee!!!

poolraat
May 11th, 2007, 09:33 AM
You can still do breaststroke with a fly kick.:joker:

newmastersswimmer
May 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
SS: your new Avatar is freaking me out!

I keep having flashbacks to my misspent youth at midnight shows of Rocky Horror.

That is great news about your knee!!!

Bill thats not a clip frm the Rocky Horror Picture show......its a real life depiction of the SwimStud ...it what he looks like right after he wakes up in the morning after a hard night out on the town is all LOL!

Bork

SwimStud
May 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM
You can still do breaststroke with a fly kick.:joker:

Seek out a Priest and have the evil spirits exercised from your system Floyd

exercised lol

By laying off breast I mean kicking, exactly, and racing which I have still been doing.